Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Freezings and Witch Hunts?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by haiqtpi View Post
    I see no reason to take the username out - we talk about mariokart for example on the boards. This person potentially attacked one of us, or is a snitch at the least, and they deserve the attention. For us as a community to not take a stand against someone like this lets them win. We should be having each others backs, and this is NOT the type of person we need around... and to allay any accusations, this is not hypocrisy because they are the one who made a BOARD trying to call this person out and elicit mass reporting. If they lose their account, they deserve it and earned it by trying to create ripples. The game playerbase is super fragile as it is and if we are to keep making money off of it, let alone enjoy it, these people need to be put in their place and see the consequences of their actions
    @(you need an account to see links) There is a SHARP contrast to this and PCOL...this is someone who attempted to start shit. My posting this is a reaction to someone causing trouble, not a "spur of the moment lets try to out a cheater without evidence"...what is being called into question are there actions - actions that were made public the moment that they posted that board in an attempt to get someone reported and or frozen. We should not and cannot tolerate that.
    Nah, I'm referring to the person you're saying got called out, but whatever. Not my account, not my business. Just figured it would be worth taking it out so we don't become the place that's advertising the names of people that already got called out on the boards.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    O_O I suggest that you re-read the post... nothing bad was said about emma at all (i do not even know the person) - this is about the witch hunt started by tsuris_ who accused her of shadyness and elicited mass reporting on a board. As a matter of fact, no accusation was made by me whatsoever..I simply think that the actions of someone like tsuris_ are dangerous and should not be tolerated.
    I agree, i misread ur post that i qouted i sounded like you were refusing to take out a username that was the victim because you have suspiscion they are a snitch or something lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    7d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links) But, how are we supposed to have each other's backs if we don't really know/aren't supposed to reveal who we are to each other?

I think it's a little hard to just band up as cheaters....I mean, unless we're just going to start openly posting our usernames.

I believe mariokart has been talked about so much because he is/was a jackass, and used to consistently call out people he didn't agree with.

We have no idea if they were doing something illegally. It just falls on the morals of the person who is doing the witch hunting. I mean, they could have just been having a regular sale....I've sold mario a few r99s from the charity corner event. They weren't high class or anything, just some items I wanted a quick 2m off of on the trading post. Does that make me a bad person too? Lol >,<

Rereading your post again, and yes i agree. He was wrong to even post anything about something that did not pertain to him in any way, shape, or form.
    >

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    Nah, I'm referring to the person you're saying got called out, but whatever. Not my account, not my business. Just figured it would be worth taking it out so we don't become the place that's calling out people.
    ...This was all done very publicly on a board that had a lot of attention. I fail to recognize what your issue is....you realize that you are on CK right? Let me ask you a different question - do you think that someone like this should go unchecked? Do you think that they should be able to for all sakes and purposes sling accusations which can get someone iced (legit or not)? I was advocating the point that this game has become overrun with vigilantes who are way too familiar with our methods and such, we should be having each others backs. Failure to respond to this sort of thing (not even this incident specifically) is going to reinforce this kind of behavior, and make all of our lives miserable.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    ...This was all done very publicly on a board that had a lot of attention. I fail to recognize what your issue is....you realize that you are on CK right? Let me ask you a different question - do you think that someone like this should go unchecked? Do you think that they should be able to for all sakes and purposes sling accusations which can get someone iced (legit or not)? I was advocating the point that this game has become overrun with vigilantes who are way too familiar with our methods and such, we should be having each others backs. Failure to respond to this sort of thing (not even this incident specifically) is going to reinforce this kind of behavior, and make all of our lives miserable.
    I don't see the point in making this a flame fest. All I'm saying is there's no reason for us to advertise the name of the person who got called out, that's just bringing more attention to it. I know if I was in that sort of position with a high end account, then I wouldn't want people on here posting my name even if it was posted on a board.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m

agreed

just the vigilante would be the one whos doing the witch hunting and not the actual accused "witch" in this case emmajay

so by us posting her username people are unreasonable and will probably mass report for no reason just because they saw it on ck.

hes not talking about that tarius person hes talking about the victim.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) But, how are we supposed to have each other's backs if we don't really know/aren't supposed to reveal who we are to each other?

I think it's a little hard to just band up as cheaters....I mean, unless we're just going to start openly posting our usernames.

I believe mariokart has been talked about so much because he is/was a jackass, and used to consistently call out people he didn't agree with.

We have no idea if they were doing something illegally. It just falls on the morals of the person who is doing the witch hunting. I mean, they could have just been having a regular sale....I've sold mario a few r99s from the charity corner event. They weren't high class or anything, just some items I wanted a quick 2m off of on the trading post. Does that make me a bad person too? Lol >,<

Rereading your post again, and yes i agree. He was wrong to even post anything about something that did not pertain to him in any way, shape, or form.
    I suppose that I am suggesting that the proper response to such vigilantism is a reactionary vigilantism. When you see something like that report the shit out of them. This is not a matter of whether or not someone is legit or not, I do not care, and there is probably no way for any of us to know. My issue is the powertrips that these people go on, completely unchecked, and I know that we have a much bigger population on neo than is realized, so I think that in cases of this, we should take actions and eliminate the social parasite. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am the only one who thinks this way, but seeing someone called out publicly like that made me sick, and there should be consequences for this.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-25-2015),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-25-2015),learningtoneopet1 (04-25-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I suppose that I am suggesting that the proper response to such vigilantism is a reactionary vigilantism. When you see something like that report the shit out of them. This is not a matter of whether or not someone is legit or not, I do not care, and there is probably no way for any of us to know. My issue is the powertrips that these people go on, completely unchecked, and I know that we have a much bigger population on neo than is realized, so I think that in cases of this, we should take actions and eliminate the social parasite. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am the only one who thinks this way, but seeing someone called out publicly like that made me sick, and there should be consequences for this.
    you guys are misunderstanding each other, so yall should simmer it down

but i agree

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    I don't see the point in making this a flame fest. All I'm saying is there's no reason for us to advertise the name of the person who got called out, that's just bringing more attention to it. I know if I was in that sort of position with a high end account, then I wouldn't want people on here posting my name even if it was posted on a board.
    @(you need an account to see links)

If this were a legit concern, mario would have been long gone. In addition, the context of this name is entirely benign, and if anything, points more guns at the accuser. If someone wanted to know what this was about - they would find out regardless, so I firmly believe that your concerns are unfounded.
    @(you need an account to see links) just confused about the flamefest thing xD but sure?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    7d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Okay so when people try to SWJ (socialjusticewarrior) we just report the fuck out of them because it's not any of their god damn business!

I think we can agree on that.
    >

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Virus For This Useful Post:

Winona (04-25-2015)