Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: why are people on the PC so vague about what they're seeking.........

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I hate the PC. People are crazy. I'm tryna trade up from Tier 2 to tier 4 BN, and they're valuing tier 4 at fuckin 9. It's really, really bad. And not to mention the vagueness. And the terrible, terrible attitudes people have. For example, here's a copy/paste from a board I'm on:
    "Please no long shots, your terrible offers are annoying. Stop offering things that aren't UC royals."
    And it's an UC VBN Draik. Like... ?????

Another thing I hate is "Yo this pet is TENTATIVELY up for trade. IDK IF I WANNA GIVE IT UP BUT YA KNOW HOW IT IS. I'm just gonna say nty to every offer I get until someone overoffers to the point where I can't say no." Yuck.

Edit: I may have kinda poop pets, but at least I KNOW I have poop, and I'm not tryna bleed it dry. Cheers tho
    Edit again: @(you need an account to see links) I couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe we should dub it the "UC Power Trip"? It's a disease that's spreading like wildfire, that UCPT.
    Last edited by Set; 06-18-2016 at 12:14 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Set For This Useful Post:

Binah (06-18-2016),chime (06-18-2016),Hollow (06-18-2016),Lazuli (06-18-2016),Raposa (06-18-2016),Sakuras (06-18-2016),Shizuku (06-18-2016),Sugar Rush (06-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    I hate the PC. People are crazy. I'm tryna trade up from Tier 2 to tier 4 BN, and they're valuing tier 4 at fuckin 9. It's really, really bad. And not to mention the vagueness. And the terrible, terrible attitudes people have. For example, here's a copy/paste from a board I'm on:
    "Please no long shots, your terrible offers are annoying. Stop offering things that aren't UC royals."
    And it's an UC VBN Draik. Like... ?????

Another thing I hate is "Yo this pet is TENTATIVELY up for trade. IDK IF I WANNA GIVE IT UP BUT YA KNOW HOW IT IS. I'm just gonna say nty to every offer I get until someone overoffers to the point where I can't say no." Yuck.

Edit: I may have kinda poop pets, but at least I KNOW I have poop, and I'm not tryna bleed it dry. Cheers tho
    Edit again: @(you need an account to see links) I couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe we should dub it the "UC Power Trip"? It's a disease that's spreading like wildfire, that UCPT.
    This... THIS IS WHAT I HAAAAATTEEEE. Looooorrdddddd! "pls no stupid offers" "intelligent offers only pls" "under offers wil be ignored lel" The pretentiousness and elitism is strong on the PC.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Paopu View Post
    It kinda gives the other person this mentality that their pet is vastly superior because you specifically want it.
    This, OMG. I wasn't gonna say anything, because I'm one of those people that are vague, but this is exactly the reason why. It's even worse with NC, because people bandwagon. That crap obscure item you want, ooh guess what, now 50 other people suddenly want it too, for no reason.

Someone could probably write a sociology thesis on the strange ways people behave on Neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuri View Post
    The pretentiousness and elitism is strong on the PC.
    Exactly. Like, what would they consider an "intelligent offer"? An RB Acara for their "V/WN (xxxx###)" mutant buzz? Wowee!

Edit: @(you need an account to see links) & that's the exact reason why I never go to NC boards anymore.
    Last edited by Set; 06-18-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    Exactly. Like, what would they consider an "intelligent offer"? An RB Acara for their "V/WN (xxxx###)" mutant buzz? Wowee!
    Lmao nailed it. I'm so done with their elitism.

I. Just. Can't.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    39d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Semtex View Post
    This, OMG. I wasn't gonna say anything, because I'm one of those people that are vague, but this is exactly the reason why. It's even worse with NC, because people bandwagon. That crap obscure item you want, ooh guess what, now 50 other people suddenly want it too, for no reason.

Someone could probably write a sociology thesis on the strange ways people behave on Neopets.
    A sociology thesis?! I'm on it. See you guys in a couple years when I become rich and famous.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mayuri For This Useful Post:

Set (06-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    29d 17h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    From my experience, if you specify WHAT you want, chances are no one on the PC is going to trade with you 1-on-1 unless that person is willing to work with a three-way. (Either that or tug your heartstrings) It kinda gives the other person this mentality that their pet is vastly superior because you specifically want it. (If you really want a BN UC as a permanent, the owner will probably get very self entitled even thought their pet is garbage in comparison to what they want.)

Do not show weakness when it comes to trading (not just pets or even just specifically neo), it's pretty easy to get manipulated.
    Preach.

Never try to work a 3-way for another pet. Never. They'll just play on your emotions and you'll get your hopes up when you can't get the pet that they want for the 3-way. (Which they only want you to get for them, because they can't get it themselves.)

I've quit trying to work out 3-ways a long time ago. It hasn't worked out for me once and the other person thinks that they can just have their way with you because you've made it clear that you really want their pet. I've had people try to do this with me time and time again. Even when I was overoffering it was, "Oh, what are your OTBs?" Yeah, no, forget I offered.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wizard For This Useful Post:

Binah (06-18-2016),Garchomp (06-18-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Preach.

Never try to work a 3-way for another pet. Never. They'll just play on your emotions and you'll get your hopes up when you can't get the pet that they want for the 3-way. (Which they only want you to get for them, because they can't get it themselves.)

I've quit trying to work out 3-ways a long time ago. It hasn't worked out for me once and the other person thinks that they can just have their way with you because you've made it clear that you really want their pet. I've had people try to do this with me time and time again. Even when I was overoffering it was, "Oh, what are your OTBs?" Yeah, no, forget I offered.

3-ways? No idea what you mean. I took a LONG break from neopets, came back to tons of different colors and a tier system for UC pets. Mind elaborating a bit? ^^ Is it like a 2 for 1 trade? Or..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Three-way trades are usually one person wants one pet (UC Grey to set an example) for their UC Faerie, but the owner of that wants UC Darigans. The UC Faerie Owner is willing to trade their pet for the Darigan, meanwhile contacting the UC Grey owner which Darigan pet they like. (You hear posts saying "all offers will go to a third party", most likely because it's a three way)

There's success stories but it's more like a 5% success ratio compared to what actually happens on the PC.
    Wow, that sounds terrible and overly complicated. The UC grey owner should probably just say nah, I'm all set to the faerie owner and continue the hunt for a Dari. The Faerie guy can be cool with trading for a Dari all they want, but actually doing it is a totally different story. And what if Grey turns around and is like "actually I don't want the pet you just traded for to be able to trade for my pet now." I see so many issues with this, I'm not shocked there's such a low success rate.

Edit: I mean, I've been tempted myself to accept offers of people who have irritated me and have them do an unlimited custom, just to turn around and be like actually, nvm. Not like I've actually done it, but the thought HAS crossed my mind. xD So if I thought of it, other people DEFINITELY thought about it too. :o

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    52d 20h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Yup, a lot of things can go wrong with three-way trades on the PC especially since middlemen/women can't be used to make sure things go smoothly. You might end up with a pet you don't want because someone backed out or the other two participant could just skip you and trade directly after you've taken the time and effort to set everything up. The rules concerning 3ways are also a litte vague so people could very likely get away with these sorts of things. You will need a lot of evidence proving intentional malicious intent if you want TNT to do anythng about it. (Even then I don't think anything is necessarily done).