2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I had a feminist teacher in grade 12. I know its a bit ridiculous for me to just come out and say but listen to this....

This teacher was the dance class instructor/cheer leading coach, and randomly taught English. I had an average of roughly 85% in university classes, and my friend Jay had an average of about 90%, and my friend Emma had an average of 80. The class was tough, and our first book was "A Handmaid's Tale" (WEIRD..). We got our marks back and I was given a 55%, Jay a 60% and Emma a 80%. We let it go and continued working in the class, and then the next book we read was "A Doll's House". If you have ever read it or feel free to google it, feminist book to the bone. We both received low marks on this. I told my parents, and they contacted the school and they said our essays would be reviewed by another teacher. In the mean-time, we read King Lear by Shakespeare. I actually really enjoyed this book, and got a decent mark on the essay (70% which is still low.). The test came around and there was a final essay question asking us how King Lear victimized his DAUGHTERS. King Lear wasn't a good king, but he didnt JUST victimize them...... We still hadn't heard back on our essays from the other teacher, and the exam was coming up so we both really gave up as I had a 55% in the class, and he had a 58% roughly. The exam was typical, and the exam question was whether or not HILLARY CLINTON COULD WIN THE PRESIDENCY. Jay got up during class with his exam and went to the principles office. Our whole class had to stop writing, and our exam was moved to another day (we had no idea what was going on). A few days later, the principle gave us a new exam, and it was nothing like the first one. When I went to hand in my exam, he handed me my essays/midterm back and my average was 88%. I ended the class with a 84%. Apparently there was like overwhelming proof of his feminist ways, and yea. Wtf though.

I had another teacher who was extremely touchy with the female students. He would caress them, talk really close, and like invite them for after school help. I tried to ask for help one time, and he told me to sit down and look at the chapter. I had a friend of mine ask the same question the next day, and he pulled over a chair really close and helped her. Ridiculous.
    Wtf? Aren't you Canadian? Why does Hillary Clinton matter?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    Wtf? Aren't you Canadian? Why does Hillary Clinton matter?
    Believe me. I was as shocked as you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Believe me. I was as shocked as you.
    I think it's just amusing how the rest of the world pays attention to our politicians.. maybe I'm just stupid, but I consider myself pretty politically involved and the only Canadian politician I know is that Toronto mayor that did cocaine or whatever. Oh well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Raj (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    and the exam question was whether or not HILLARY CLINTON COULD WIN THE PRESIDENCY.
    even aside from that this is like... entirely subjective? i mean yes she could, if she gets the votes... but if youre presenting it as a "feminist cred" question then this is a really fuckin terrible question lmfao. was this teachers methods of being a feminist just holding women to a higher standard than men to make a point? because thats not how feminism works at all!!!!!! in fact thats the opposite of feminism-- holding women on a pedestal is a form of misogyny in itself... if they were A Real Feminist, theyd understand this and... not do that. and clearly they dont know how politics work either if they just ask HUHUHUH WILL THIS ONE PERSON WIN? JUST THEM??? EXPLAIN OR YOUR DICK GETS CUT OFF WEAK MALE SCUM. who gave them their teaching degree??? did they print it off the fuckin internet? my god. i dont understand.

I had another teacher who was extremely touchy with the female students. He would caress them, talk really close, and like invite them for after school help. I tried to ask for help one time, and he told me to sit down and look at the chapter. I had a friend of mine ask the same question the next day, and he pulled over a chair really close and helped her. Ridiculous.
    EW!!!!!!! EW!!!!!!!!!! EW!!!!!!!! EW!!!!!!!!!!!! EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I had a feminist teacher in grade 12. I know its a bit ridiculous for me to just come out and say but listen to this....

This teacher was the dance class instructor/cheer leading coach, and randomly taught English. I had an average of roughly 85% in university classes, and my friend Jay had an average of about 90%, and my friend Emma had an average of 80. The class was tough, and our first book was "A Handmaid's Tale" (WEIRD..). We got our marks back and I was given a 55%, Jay a 60% and Emma a 80%. We let it go and continued working in the class, and then the next book we read was "A Doll's House". If you have ever read it or feel free to google it, feminist book to the bone. We both received low marks on this. I told my parents, and they contacted the school and they said our essays would be reviewed by another teacher. In the mean-time, we read King Lear by Shakespeare. I actually really enjoyed this book, and got a decent mark on the essay (70% which is still low.). The test came around and there was a final essay question asking us how King Lear victimized his DAUGHTERS. King Lear wasn't a good king, but he didnt JUST victimize them...... We still hadn't heard back on our essays from the other teacher, and the exam was coming up so we both really gave up as I had a 55% in the class, and he had a 58% roughly. The exam was typical, and the exam question was whether or not HILLARY CLINTON COULD WIN THE PRESIDENCY. Jay got up during class with his exam and went to the principles office. Our whole class had to stop writing, and our exam was moved to another day (we had no idea what was going on). A few days later, the principle gave us a new exam, and it was nothing like the first one. When I went to hand in my exam, he handed me my essays/midterm back and my average was 88%. I ended the class with a 84%. Apparently there was like overwhelming proof of his feminist ways, and yea. Wtf though.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Well you're my favorite, @(you need an account to see links).