Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone really that surprised that JS only cares about the NC side of Neopets now?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    160/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    206d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Viacom had much, MUCH more assets set aside than Jumpstart.
    Jumpstart started out by getting some of those because they probably weren't up to par, or were too costly for them to keep.

After the transition, I'm sure no one expected the shit show of a dupe storm that followed, and with their minimal assets, had to being working on fixing that, on top of other things that they had already factored to take care of. After the duping their were a bunch of other issues that came into play, and to this day, Jumpstart is still trying to transition their site towards what they want.
    The shit art might be a little more acceptable for kids than people our ages, so maybe they're just trying to appeal to the younger crowd more than they are the adults at the moment? I dunno. Maybe they'll get new artists to work on the art too.

They're tryin' at least. And with as little as they have, and the mess Viacom left left them with, I'm thankful enough for getting the GMC since it's been a year or two since we last saw one. Hell, maybe Daily Dare will be back next March as well. I think Jumpstart is doin' pretty well for what they were left to work with. But that's just me.
    <_> I'm glad to see more people standing up for JS cuz honestly.. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than everyone thinks. These "they don't care about ___" threads just make me grind my teeth xD I don't participate in NC but I def would not even come close to thinking they pay more attention to that area than the rest of it. Sure they gotta make a buck to keep everything running. Labor isn't cheap. But their NC releases have come down SO MUCH just as much as the NP side of everything. So I just don't think it's fair to say that xD

✧・゚: *✧ (you need an account to see links) ✧*:・゚✧

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kawaii For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (12-09-2015),Corliss (12-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    They don't, there's NC issues all over the place. They care about nothing lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elf For This Useful Post:

Aly (12-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    27d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think I share the same sentiments as some of you.

Jumpstart bought NP from a money-hungry company that either did good, but the times shifted, or ran the site into the ground (depending on how you look at it).

To me, it feels as if JS bought NP on face value, with little real knowledge of how the site works and what is wrong. I imagine Viacom wouldn't have been overly helpful in this regard, potentially because: If they sell NP to JS and it dies, it's "Look what JS did!" as apposed to "Viacom fucked the site so hard that even JS couldn't help it.". But this is all speculation.

JS has improved in leaps and bounds since they first started off. I personally don't agree with a lot of their actions, but A, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and B, I don't have experience running a company.

I feel like JS' NP is just as NC centered as Viacom's was, and many other sites are. I do notice that NP items seems to be somewhat lacking in some instances, but I imagine at this point they'd be shoving all their resources into either turning a profit or maintaining it in order to not lose money.

I don't personally feel overly concerned about the NC focus, anything to keep the site afloat is okay with me. Though I do hope that if the site situation improves and the money becomes available, that they will some day put more resources back into NP items.

Sorry about my potentially arrogant rant, I get carried away!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Using My Pass For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (12-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    I do somewhat agree with that. But Viacom just did a better job with upkeep, even if it was mostly NC. I think with JS they don't maintain the site to nearly the same par.
    Viacom was a massive conglamerate that had the resources to keep the site running somewhat smoothly. Jumpstart is and will never be more than a small to medium sized business...therefore less resources available and less upkeep. Neo grew too big during it's hayday and now it's a bloated mammoth of a site that has too many features and not enough users. Neopets is basically the online equivalent of Detroit.

I'm not defending JS nor Viacom in any sense however. I think both companies are cheap asses who screw people and do a shitty job at running the site.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Creme For This Useful Post:

CaptainNight (12-11-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Viacom was a massive conglamerate that had the resources to keep the site running somewhat smoothly. Jumpstart is and will never be more than a small to medium sized business...therefore less resources available and less upkeep. Neo grew too big during it's hayday and now it's a bloated mammoth of a site that has too many features and not enough users. Neopets is basically the online equivalent of Detroit.

I'm not defending JS nor Viacom in any sense however. I think both companies are cheap asses who screw people and do a shitty job at running the site.
    That's about the size of it. A huge bloated mammoth amount of code. Updates, new items, and plots aside. I couldn't imagine moving that amount of code to a new hosting server and expecting any of it execute appropriately out of the box. With a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller staff, most of whom unfamiliar with the source and how everything works behind the scenes, that seems almost an insurmountable task by itself; let alone adding new content.

Fixing the stuff I write is one thing, but fixing someone else code, especially on that scale is something completely different.

I say just give them some more time, and kudos to them for getting NP to even work (mostly) in the first place.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to raithi For This Useful Post:

Corliss (12-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/3
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Honestly I give them props for the fact that I can type in neopets.com and not get a blank page

For a while there (lag hell and dupestorm) I thought the site was going to die. Im not going to breath a word of negativity because the fact that they managed to kick that old bitch into even running again is a miracle. The site is still glitchy as fuck but I presume they only have a few programmers and its probably hellish working with 2002 era code patched on and patched on a hundred times.
    [CENTER]Lazy and Paranoid

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Boards like this just discourage people who are here to get back into Neopets....

Since there has a been a decline, it makes sense that they put premium members (minus that whole charging ordeal/lawsuit they have), and NC buyers first. This also includes pushing the site in the Neocash direction because..... well it makes them money. Even if you don't like Neocash, Neocash is literally fueling the site.

Nonetheless, they have done some good. Raising auction limits/Trade limits etc, fixed a few problems in a broken battldeome. Thats about all I can think of but you have to remember they had a major change in companies, and staff. Yes, its going on about a year+, but I would be optimistic about 2016. It might be a nice fresh start for TNT and Neopets as a whole. New staff, new year, new opportunities.
    There's a lawsuit? What? Care to give me a rundown? Haven't been around much.

(you need an account to see links)

That?
    Last edited by Sociopath; 12-12-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) nice name

We've known this for like a month now I think.

All we know is the same as that article, for a long time they've charged people for a extra year of premium and such and that's basically why that is a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    There's a lawsuit? What? Care to give me a rundown? Haven't been around much.

(you need an account to see links)

That?
    I believe same reason, bigger case though.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) nice name

We've known this for like a month now I think.

All we know is the same as that article, for a long time they've charged people for a extra year of premium and such and that's basically why that is a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So the suing culture of America is going to be what kills neopets. I see.

Ah well, can't say I blame these people. I'd be pissed too if someone was charging me for a service I cancelled then refusing to give me a refund.