15/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    52d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    I'm still so flabberghasted over the fact that they haven't prioritised fixing customisation or the pet images on lookups. Like....that's the heart of the site AND it makes you money. Why would you prioritise themes over that, even from a business sense?

And I don't believe its hard either, if users have worked out a code to show the static image, I'm sure they can apply that by default in the meantime.
    Yeah but wheels! We all want wheels right? And themes? Right??

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

Allegra (05-12-2021),Android (05-11-2021),dustyc (05-12-2021),Gorilla (05-12-2021),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-12-2021),Ice (05-12-2021),Nyanobyte                      (05-11-2021)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarsnaptea View Post
    I'd love to do something with Lutari Island, my poor Lutari has never had a chance to explore his heritage.
    Also I want the Moltara Caves back! I never finished the damn worm quest, couldn't find the black or rainbow ones, and now the Pant Devil's stolen half of my other worms anyway.
    I could be wrong, but I think you can still complete the Moltara plot. If you have any worms left, just discard them and the plot should "restart", worms will again appear around Moltara. I had a glitch on my first try in which I clicked the white worm but it never appeared in my inventory, so I discarded all the others and restarted the whole thing. It should still work.
    so you were curious huh?

Pronouns
    it/its or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    8d 4h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    you can do moltara yeah! also, for pant devil worries, you can actually store them in your SDB safely, i did so for literally years before finally finishing it heh

just need to use flash enabled browser of course but i can confirm it works still

also re: themes, i know it's frustrating but it's important to remember that each person on staff has a different job -- the person or people responsible for themes likely has nothing to do with customization or backend work
    it's likely mostly the art team's responsibility
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

Android (05-12-2021),Dot (05-12-2021),dustyc (05-12-2021),Ice (05-12-2021),kittyray (05-12-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ohh, I didn't think it could be done now because the maps are gone. I'll poke around the settings and see what happens, thanks!

ETA: Hmm, I switched the bandwidth settings to Flash, but I still get no maps, so I tried using a script that put the maps back, but I don't see any worms, am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by sugarsnaptea; 05-12-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    52d 15h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    you can do moltara yeah! also, for pant devil worries, you can actually store them in your SDB safely, i did so for literally years before finally finishing it heh

just need to use flash enabled browser of course but i can confirm it works still

also re: themes, i know it's frustrating but it's important to remember that each person on staff has a different job -- the person or people responsible for themes likely has nothing to do with customization or backend work
    it's likely mostly the art team's responsibility
    I'm just frustrated with the resource allotment, its definitely not the fault of the art staff. There just needs to be more resources funnelled into backend coding.

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    What's New

Site Search V1

• You can now search for pets, items, users and more by clicking the magnifying class in the upper right of the top navigation bar. Further improvements to the search system will be coming in a future update.

Community Central

• Test your knowledge with the Daily Puzzle, check out the latest spotlight winners, or find a new fansite on the now mobile-friendly Community Central page.

Create a Pet

• Whether it's a pet day you've been looking forward to all year, or you just don't want to adopt, the Create a Pet page is now mobile-friendly, so you can add another adorable pet to your family while on the go. Newly created pets from this point forward will also come with a bandana in the colour of your choice.

Quests

Several quest-givers around Neopia have made the jump onto the mobile-friendly site template. They eagerly await your help, so go find them some junk, I mean stuff!

• Kitchen Quest is now mobile-friendly.
    You'll also notice that any stat increases rewarded will now go to your active pet.
    • Illusen's Glade
    • Jhudora's Bluff
    • The Snow Faerie's Quest
    • The BRAIN Tree

Gamesroom Content Update

You may notice few more games linked in the mobile-friendly gamesroom. These are classic games that don't rely on Flash, but aren't mobile-friendly yet either. We will continue to add these links to the gamesroom in small batches until all currently playable games are accessible from the page (yes, including Battledome). So far the games added are:

• AAA's Revenge
    • Neopian Adventure Generator
    • Vending Machine
    • Armada

Additional Features

• Happy Tyrannian Victory Day!!! The Tyrannia site theme is now available for use on mobile-friendly pages. Visit your preferences to check it out.
    • We are continually converting and fixing wearable items for HTML5 customisation.
    • For those who missed it, we released mobile-friendly versions of the Festival of Neggs and Grey Day site themes over the past couple months. As always, you can try them out using the "Beta Theme" dropdown on the preferences page.
    • We've made some minor improvements to the keyboard-accessibility of the main navigation bar, although this is not the final state for the menu. Stay tuned for more fully-featured accessibility updates in the future.

Bug Fixes

• Neofriends with usernames longer than 15 characters will now send you to the correct userlookup in the Community dropdown menu.
    • The clock in the top navigation bar should now be large enough to fit all times on a single line.
    • We've made some minor adjustments to a few site themes to address visual and layout issues, including Tis the Season, Winter Holiday and Haunted Woods.
    • The height of the loading image that appears when collecting interest at the bank has been reduced.
    • If such a thing as a Giant Jelly existed, it might have been giving you the same type of jelly every day instead of a random jelly, but that certainly wouldn't be the case anymore.

Known Issues

• Visuals related to pilfered avatars on the Neoboards aren't scaling correctly with the size of your browser.
    • A back button may be missing when visiting Tiki Tack Tombola while it's closed.
    • When viewing the list of Neoboards within a particular Neoboard category, buttons to navigate between pages should be appearing at the top of the page in addition to the bottom.
    • Users may experience intermittent issues with numbered page links on the Neoboards not taking you to the correct page.
    • Items up for auction that are displayed as a stack in the inventory may prevent you for using the copies of the item not up for auction.
    • Some browsers may report Flash elements present on the mobile-friendly bank page, despite no Flash elements being visible.
    • Petpetpets won't attach to your petpets in the mobile-friendly inventory.

What's Next

• The Altador Cup is coming up, and will require the majority of our developer focus. The mobile-friendly Altador Cup site theme will also be released during the event.
    • As mentioned in the previous release, we are working on HTML5 versions of all the Flash maps you know and love.

Broader site updates and events will continue to be announced via the New Features page.
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 05-12-2021 at 09:11 PM.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-12-2021),Buizel (05-12-2021),Doge (05-13-2021),DrSloth (05-12-2021),dustyc (05-12-2021),genesis (05-12-2021),Gorilla (05-12-2021),Gotch (05-13-2021),Ice (05-12-2021),Lyrichord (05-13-2021),Mimikyu (05-12-2021),Politoed (05-13-2021),Zapdos (05-13-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I liked how bigger it is compared to last update lol but so many months have gone by so wansn't expecting less than this. overall, not surprised neither disappointed by the update yet

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    it/its or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    8d 4h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    this update is awesome! the new create a pet and community pages look really nice, i love the new ty theme (tyrannia ho that i am), and the bandanas!!! what a cute thing!!! they're also currently NOT no-trade, but if you intend to create a pet for one, remember that you'll be stuck with the poor bastard you created for 7 days before you can chuck it into the pound to be forever unloved :')
    Pip!
    Pip! Hatched April 9, 2021, as a Chameleon!
    Was magically transformed into a Bunny April 16, 2021! I'll add the other dates soon!
    *hop, hop, hop*(you need an account to see links)

please message me with additions to the high risk list! i try to keep it updated <3

i update my song pretty frequently! let me know if you like it, or if you have something you think i'll like! <3

(yell at me to draw pls)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hare For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Ok the new bandanas are actually really cute!

Im surprised how much this update had. I figured they would kick out the site theme on Friday with a much smaller update at best. So far the search is nice and Community Central seems to be decent enough. Though one of the certified fan sites leads to a dead end (The Nerkmid Project).

In general i feel a bit indifferent on the update, but glad that they are working on things and finally letting us know whats going on and being worked on.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Buizel (05-12-2021),Doge (05-13-2021),dustyc (05-12-2021),Gorilla (05-12-2021),Ice (05-12-2021),Mimikyu (05-12-2021),Zapdos (05-13-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Maybe I'm being naive but the fact that there's still the space for Pet/Petpet Spotlight on the updated Community Central page gives me hope...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-12-2021),Ice (05-12-2021),Nyanobyte                      (05-12-2021),Zapdos (05-13-2021)