Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Powerpuff Girls Series, anyone else excited?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

New Powerpuff Girls Series, anyone else excited?

Someone has to be.
    (you need an account to see links)

"The revamped series will focus on the original trio of crime-fighting school girls as they save the world from a slew of villains before bedtime, though it's unclear whether the girls will be battling familiar baddies like Mojo Jojo and HIM, or all-new foes. Amanda Leighton, Kristen Li and Natalie Palamides will voice Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, respectively, while Tom Kenny will return to reprise his role as Narrator/Mayor"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (06-09-2015),txtsd (06-19-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    i hope its one of the better adventure time writers working on it. that show was abysmal.

might give it a shot, im just hoping it doesnt turn into some brony shit fandom wise.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    49d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    If it continues to be as good as I remember, than yes.
    I'm honestly excited!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering View Post
    i hope its one of the better adventure time writers working on it. that show was abysmal.

might give it a shot, im just hoping it doesnt turn into some brony shit fandom wise.
    Bronies worry me about society.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    mm, im considering watching this out of spite as well as interest now. the original voice actresses, as well as lauren faust and other successful people in the animation industry, have taken to verbally attacking and rallying fans against the new voice actresses. im really disappointed in them for being grown-ass successful adults and being so abusive towards young actresses with careers of their own. i hope it gets big; im nostalgic too but this is unacceptable.

i love cartoons but theres so much obvious elitism and toxicity evident in the industry and its hard to see it to such a degree as this. these girls are being attacked and discouraged before the show is barely in production, how is that fair? smh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering View Post
    mm, im considering watching this out of spite as well as interest now. the original voice actresses, as well as lauren faust and other successful people in the animation industry, have taken to verbally attacking and rallying fans against the new voice actresses. im really disappointed in them for being grown-ass successful adults and being so abusive towards young actresses with careers of their own. i hope it gets big; im nostalgic too but this is unacceptable.

i love cartoons but theres so much obvious elitism and toxicity evident in the industry and its hard to see it to such a degree as this. these girls are being attacked and discouraged before the show is barely in production, how is that fair? smh.
    I think people just don't handle change very well. I wonder if they chose to do that in order to save money. Tom Kenney by himself will probably cost a fortune. In my mind, Tara Strong's voice for Bubbles, for example, will be the only one that sounds right because it's what I remember. But most viewers will be younger people that watch the channel and not people trying to be nostalgic, so I don't think it would affect ratings at all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I might need to get in on that!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I think people just don't handle change very well. I wonder if they chose to do that in order to save money. Tom Kenney by himself will probably cost a fortune. In my mind, Tara Strong's voice for Bubbles, for example, will be the only one that sounds right because it's what I remember. But most viewers will be younger people that watch the channel and not people trying to be nostalgic, so I don't think it would affect ratings at all.
    yeah. a lot of it is based on nostalgia. people forget kids dont have the same nostalgia we do, and we dont even know how they sound yet, they could be completely indiscernible from the original voices! but maybe we wont get the chance now with all this passive and not so passive aggression.

i guess in a way i can see where lauren and craig are coming from given its a pretty formative part of their careers, and we all know cartoon network is probably only rebooting it as a means of money grabbing, but theyre definitely going about it all wrong. id find it easier to sympathise with them if they werent being so... whatever this is.

its worse knowing fausts fanbase (side eyeing the bronies again) who are overall pretty misogynistic and will leap at any chance to attack a woman lol. prayer circle for these girls.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'm so excited for it! The original series is on my netflix watchlist now, and I think I might start a rewatch tonight or tomorrow.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Wow I did not know this I remember the old one fondly but I'll prob not watch the new one C: