DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    WHAT? How is that the ending? I thought Ch14 was like a flashback or flashforward or something and it would fill in later. Where did Dacon come from? Where'd Lyra go on that boat? Wasn't she going to Altador? Did she just shipwreck and drown and they didn't think to mention it? Oh god, is that why we all wrecked after 400 obstacles in the boat game?

Aurrick last had the sword; why does Dacon have it now? And why is he rushing toward a city with it on fire now?

What about the desert merchant who said Aurrick had some people he hadn't seen in 10 years and would want to see again? It's not foreshadowing, but just casual throwaway conversation?

I understand NOTHING.

??????????????????????????????????????????????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to k80 For This Useful Post:

Menine (03-04-2019)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    So I saw someone on the boards mentioning you could only get the avatar for the plot if you completed part 2 in the mobile game I'm assuming L&L. Is this confirmed?
    What avatar? Or they're just speculating? D:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
    That would be shite because I'm pretty sure I remember reading numerous times L&L will not have anything to do with your neopets account
    It isn't linked to your neopets account so they might have just been guessing?

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    What avatar? Or they're just speculating? D:
    I haven't heard of an avatar either so I was just curious if anyone had heard anything. They were also claiming the prize ship would be open tomorrow but who knows.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by k80 View Post
    WHAT? How is that the ending? I thought Ch14 was like a flashback or flashforward or something and it would fill in later. Where did Dacon come from? Where'd Lyra go on that boat? Wasn't she going to Altador? Did she just shipwreck and drown and they didn't think to mention it? Oh god, is that why we all wrecked after 400 obstacles in the boat game?

Aurrick last had the sword; why does Dacon have it now? And why is he rushing toward a city with it on fire now?

What about the desert merchant who said Aurrick had some people he hadn't seen in 10 years and would want to see again? It's not foreshadowing, but just casual throwaway conversation?

I understand NOTHING.

??????????????????????????????????????????????
    I believe there was more planned:

- Lyra should have reached Altador and tried to get help from the King (he would have probably refused to intervene with a sovereign nation like that ~ if the writer was any good)
    - Aurick should have sold Xendrixs(?) scimitar to the merchant (and been double crossed by said merchant)
    -Lyra and Aurick would have met again somehow (maybe Aurick doubled back to fetch her and help her get the scimitar back from the merchant because pride, or maybe Aurick overheard the merchant giving orders to kill Lyra)
    - turns out the merchant was financing the unrest between Quasala and Skamet - maybe on orders from a previous villain, maybe to gain $ by selling goods from one city to the other in a illegal market (just plain old greed), maybe the merchant has a grudge against Xendris and Princess Amyra and wants revenge, maybe the merchant used to live in the ruins when it was a child and the grudge is because Skamet didn't prevent the destruction of the city (I have no idea is there is a entry in the neopedia about those ruins), maybe it's all of those combined (a good writer would pull that off)
    - Lyra and Aurick would go back to Sakmet, save Xendriks and Amyra from a coup lead by Quasala (bought by the merchant), get back the scimiar, end tensions between cities, maybe help restore the ruins, the merchant either gets jailtime or runs away to become a random event inside the site
    - Aurick redeems from anti-hero to explorer and hero and becomes the star of the new game.

This is what I presume would have happened if TNT had taken the plot seriously. As much hate as it received in the beginning, maybe the team should have just rolled w/ the punches and finished it properly. We all knew there would have been a happy ending, this is Neopets not GoT, we would have liked to know HOW happy ending came to be.
    Last edited by shame; 03-04-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    much wildcard
    so frustration

wow.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shame For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (03-04-2019),Dragonite (03-07-2019),Erik. (03-05-2019),k80 (03-05-2019),Menine (03-04-2019),Pearl (03-06-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 4h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by shame View Post
    I believe there was more planned:

- Lyra should have reached Altador and tried to get help from the King (he would have probably refused to intervene with a sovereign nation like that ~ if the writer was any good)
    - Aurick should have sold Xendrixs(?) scimitar to the merchant (and been double crossed by said merchant)
    -Lyra and Aurick would have met again somehow (maybe Aurick doubled back to fetch her and help her get the scimitar back from the merchant because pride, or maybe Aurick overheard the merchant giving orders to kill Lyra)
    - turns out the merchant was financing the unrest between Quasala and Skamet - maybe on orders from a previous villain, maybe to gain $ by selling goods from one city to the other in a illegal market (just plain old greed), maybe the merchant has a grudge against Xendris and Princess Amyra and wants revenge, maybe the merchant used to live in the ruins when it was a child and the grudge is because Skamet didn't prevent the destruction of the city (I have no idea is there is a entry in the neopedia about those ruins), maybe it's all of those combined (a good writer would pull that off)
    - Lyra and Aurick would go back to Sakmet, save Xendriks and Amyra from a coup lead by Quasala (bought by the merchant), get back the scimiar, end tensions between cities, maybe help restore the ruins, the merchant either gets jailtime or runs away to become a random event inside the site
    - Aurick redeems from anti-hero to explorer and hero and becomes the star of the new game.

This is what I presume would have happened if TNT had taken the plot seriously. As much hate as it received in the beginning, maybe the team should have just rolled w/ the punches and finished it properly. We all knew there would have been a happy ending, this is Neopets not GoT, we would have liked to know HOW happy ending came to be.
    Apparently the rest of the plot is on the app??

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    Apparently the rest of the plot is on the app??
    You aren't currently able to log into your Neopets account in Legends and Letters. If there were additional plot-related hoops that they expected us to jump through in the app, then they could've given us a proper segue. Instead, they pulled the plug on the plot and left the app disconnected from Neopets.

To the best of my knowledge, the Neopets team has given us no indication that the plot and the app are related. Their tie-in was inferred by the community once we recognized Aurrick in the promo. The original Neopets team was building Legends and Letters as a different game. The decompiled source shows that the new Neopets team stuffed a few different graphics and characters into it, renamed it, then hastily released it. Unless the original Neopets team planned this plot and built its tie-in into their original game, then I don't anticipate that there will be any meaningful continuation.

We tend to get our hopes up at the possibility that the Neopets team has thought things through, but they have routinely disappointed us.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Malarkey (03-06-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (03-06-2019),Stardew (03-06-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    how tf are they gonna calculate plot points for the shop im wondering? just a flat amount for each achievement? how boring. i was def expecting more activities with the fact they were making a prize shop

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    BTW for those of you playing Legends and Letters: (you need an account to see links)
    much wildcard
    so frustration

wow.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shame For This Useful Post:

Harle (03-06-2019),Menine (03-06-2019)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned