Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I had a good ouchie last night. It's actually not too bad, but made me yell like a mfer.
    Was doing some cord management in my office, and had a three pronged cord laying on the floor, prongs up. I was on a stepladder arranging my cords, and then when I stepped down I stepped straight onto the prongs.
    Cord looked like this:

warning: feet pix

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzeh View Post
    I had a good ouchie last night. It's actually not too bad, but made me yell like a mfer.
    Was doing some cord management in my office, and had a three pronged cord laying on the floor, prongs up. I was on a stepladder arranging my cords, and then when I stepped down I stepped straight onto the prongs.
    Cord looked like this:

warning: feet pix
    OMG that looks painful!!

When I was about 9 years old, I was playing with my little brother who was a toddler of about 1 year old: He was inside his crib, and I was outside throwing a balloon at him that he was suppose to aggresively hit with his tiny little fist. The game was to avoid at all costs that the balloon hit the floor. Of couse, as he was inside the crib, that was my job. So I was going to one way to another of the room, throwing myself over pillows and things to catch the damn balloon before it hit the floor.
    One time I landed awfully and dislocated and broke the same finger in two different parts.
    (BUT I CATCHED THE BALLOON Y'ALL)
    It was stupid.

When you're falling in a forest
    and there's nobody around
    Do you ever really crash,
    Or even make a sound?

Did I even make a sound?
    Did I even make a sound?
    It's like I never really sound.
    Will I ever make a sound?

Spiffy avatar + userbar combo by the one and only:
    (you need an account to see links)
    Thank you :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Amparo View Post
    OMG that looks painful!!

When I was about 9 years old, I was playing with my little brother who was a toddler of about 1 year old: He was inside his crib, and I was outside throwing a balloon at him that he was suppose to aggresively hit with his tiny little fist. The game was to avoid at all costs that the balloon hit the floor. Of couse, as he was inside the crib, that was my job. So I was going to one way to another of the room, throwing myself over pillows and things to catch the damn balloon before it hit the floor.
    One time I landed awfully and dislocated and broke the same finger in two different parts.
    (BUT I CATCHED THE BALLOON Y'ALL)
    It was stupid.
    Oh my god I LOVE IT. YOU CAUGHT THAT MFER.

Also pls give me them treatment deets. I work in the ER so I want the tea!!

Like for dislocation they can normally just pop in back in (I imagine you had to be sedated because you were a kid depending on the severity of the dislocation, if not- your doc is an asshole LMAO), but I'm curious if the broken parts made the simple "popping in" contraindicated because of the extra broken pieces and if they had to secure the bones first to prevent more damage? I've never had a patient do both- it's usually one or the other. (for fingers that is, broken arm and dislocation at the same time is common)

Sometimes for dislocated fingers we also use something that looks like a chinese finger trap, with a chain over a bar and sandbags holding traction on the other side. Def wouldn't use that if you had broken pieces though.

I imagine you got to go home with one of these bad boys? I make and place these fuckers all the time because fingers are so damn easy to break lmao.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) oof, could you walk on it without yelping?! D:
    @(you need an account to see links) omg Amparo you made my fingers ache XD Which finger was it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) oof, could you walk on it without yelping?! D:
    @(you need an account to see links) omg Amparo you made my fingers ache XD Which finger was it?
    It does hurt to walk but it isn't too bad

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This happened just a couple of days ago...
    I bought some platform boots a while ago and tried to wear them out for a night.
    Turns out I wasn't prepared and majorly messed up my thighs, ankles and legs because they were heavy and hard to walk in XD
    Not to mention the blisters... oh gods the blisters.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Oh man, Can relate to this mate, I messed up my pinky toe wearing stiletto shoes! XD

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzeh View Post
    Oh my god I LOVE IT. YOU CAUGHT THAT MFER.

Also pls give me them treatment deets. I work in the ER so I want the tea!!

Like for dislocation they can normally just pop in back in (I imagine you had to be sedated because you were a kid depending on the severity of the dislocation, if not- your doc is an asshole LMAO), but I'm curious if the broken parts made the simple "popping in" contraindicated because of the extra broken pieces and if they had to secure the bones first to prevent more damage? I've never had a patient do both- it's usually one or the other. (for fingers that is, broken arm and dislocation at the same time is common)

Sometimes for dislocated fingers we also use something that looks like a chinese finger trap, with a chain over a bar and sandbags holding traction on the other side. Def wouldn't use that if you had broken pieces though.

I imagine you got to go home with one of these bad boys? I make and place these fuckers all the time because fingers are so damn easy to break lmao.

I apologize for the late response; my life it's been crazy busy :c
    First of all: I should clarify that I didn't remember the event too well; I JUST REMEMBER THE PAINNNN, but mom says the finger was broken in 1 part (not 2) but it was indeed dislocated aswell.
    Mom says that lying is a bad thing, even on the internet. *shrugs*

AS for the details: If you want the truth, my mother didn't believe I broke my finger when I first told her because I was able to move it a little bit, and that, in her mind was a sign that my finger wasn't broken. She put a piece of cardboard on the palm of my hand and tied it up with some kind of bandage and sent me out to play.
    Next day she removed the bandage and the cardboard and SURPRISE! my finger was purple! and my hand was kind of swollen and I kept whinning about it, so as we didn't have med insurance, we waited till the next day (it was going to be monday) and she sent me to school. After that, we went to the ER saying that I had 'an accident' playing basketball for the school (I was in the team) and that's how the school insurance covered my treatment.

Noone sedated me, and I was crying the whole process but: a nurse put my finger in place using her bare hands and massaging the area while I was crying like a little bitch, and hating everyone out of pain. Honestly, I don't know how, I just know I cried and cried and continued crying till we got back home.
    Yeah they put me one of those casts till my elbow and I remember asking my mom to remove it WAY earlier than it was meant to (Because I wanted to play basketball *facepalm*) AND SHE DID REMOVE IT*FACEPALM* Aaahhhh...
    She (my mom, without ANY medical knowledge) put me a little cast just covering my hand, just till my wrist and I played basketball with that thing for weeks (Apparently, I was a badass kid; didn't recall it like that, but now that I'm writing it down...)
    The bones just sticked together with time, if that makes sense? I had a lot of pain recovering in the months after that, but eventually it faded away. I felt like my nerve was stretching everytime I extended my arm completly; but didn't have any more treatment than that

@(you need an account to see links) It was the ring finger of my left hand; I don't understand either how it broke so bad D:

When you're falling in a forest
    and there's nobody around
    Do you ever really crash,
    Or even make a sound?

Did I even make a sound?
    Did I even make a sound?
    It's like I never really sound.
    Will I ever make a sound?

Spiffy avatar + userbar combo by the one and only:
    (you need an account to see links)
    Thank you :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Lucky me, never ever been to a hospital.. at most I ever got was a computer virus

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) lol Lucky fellow, except for the computer virus part.
    @(you need an account to see links) The pain is what we most remember. XD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

Amparo (06-16-2020)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast