DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I have been on Viibryd, Zoloft, Cymbalta, and Celexa (for anxiety, not depression) & they ALL made me so bored with sex and I think that depressed me even more so I tapered off of my last one and I've been better off since. I think sex is a pretty important part of overall happiness haha. One of my doctors was obsessed with it. "You are enjoying your sex life, right?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ivorydoll View Post
    I was on cymbalta ( SNRI ) and i had absolutely no sex drive.. and it was giving me those suicidal thoughts. CHanging to Zoloft like made it sooo much better for me.. I guess it works differently with different people

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Typically, when addressing lack of libido or side effects like anhedonia, this would be where you would potentially be offered Welbutrin - makes you crazy horny, AND able to finish (if you catch my drift) ha. Being an atypical antidepressant, it also is a bit more flexible in that you can be prescribed with other medications, while avoiding common "zombie effect" associated with SSRIs. I've heard of great success when people are prescribed Welbutrin (sub max theroeutic dose of 300mg/day) and buspar to manage anxiety.
    All of this said, I haven't heard much good regarding Zoloft - ever.

I really want to stress what I mentioned in my edit earlier: diet and adequate sleep are soo important in treating these as well. Proper sleep means not over sleeping, you then can fall victim to sleep inertia and become depressed and just want to sleep. Also, when you first awake, get out of bed, you will find more motivation and energy because you get an adrenaline boost within about 15 min of first waking up, so never just lay in bed. Also, maintain a proper sleep schedule itself to keep your body rhythms in order, they can have a great effect on neurotransmitters, so sleep during night and be up during day.

I have found that people tend to fall victim to a vicious cycle regarding this. When starting an SSRI for example, it is normal to sleep more or change eating habits. This in turn can screw with hormones and rhythms, not only exacerbating potential side effects of medication or minor effects during the adjustment period, but also skewing your perception of the medication's effectiveness. It is going to be important to recognize that no medication is going to just make the feelings go away, and that much like with anxiety, you are going to also need to learn coping mechanisms to deal with the times you feel this way, and ultimately, how to snap out of it or at least get it more under control with the help of the medication taking the edge off.

Also, depending on what psychopathology you were diagnosed with, and the method used to diagnose (dynamic v diagnostic), I can certainly assert the fact that alcohol often times make a condition worse. Not only does alcohol or any other narcotic really disrupt neural signaling, it can drastically screw up neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin). You can effectively think that you are self medicating, or addressing your depression, or just trying to feel better, but outside of that period, you can be doing a great deal of damage, further worsening the cycle of depression. Fun fact - in people with bipolar disorder (1 or 2), even the slightest alcohol consumption (with or without medication, though with medication can have even more pronounced results) can send a person into a major depressive episode, which can last a significant period of time!
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 07-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    If you need the antidepressants for BED something like vyvanse might be more effective.

I doubt its approved for use in BED patients in Australia though but you could always ask

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    If you need the antidepressants for BED something like vyvanse might be more effective.

I doubt its approved for use in BED patients in Australia though but you could always ask
    I was thinking about vyvanse but I know at least in the U.S. They are sicklers about off label usage, especially of controlled substances. I'm also really hesitant with regards to amphetamines - they do a number on your body if used for prolonged periods of time. It almost makes me wish Rimonabant was still on the market - after being tweaked. It was particularly effective though came with high incidence of psychopathology and suicidal tendencies :-/. There has been a lot of research lately on cannabinoid medications (Rimonabant was an inverse agonist of cb receptors, new direction is transport inhibition) so hopefully within the coming years a new drug will come out and be as effective in treating BED and obesity in general.

I would imagine though that Welbutrin would help with metabolism and desire to eat, and it has show promise in nicotine addiction. Eating disorders can be very tricky, I really suggest CBT in addition to medication in dealing with it. Would also help w the depression. Are you currently undergoing this treatment? Would your insurance cover it? Do you need assistance in finding a provider? (@OP)
    Queen Bee

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering View Post
    lol dont even talk to me about the sex drive thing im the king of tmi on that one and IM STILL MAD so heres a tmi [#nsfw]

so i still had the aggressive sex drive, i just couldnt actually do anything about it because of the zoloft lmfao.
    i was awful, i was seeing a pic of some titty on my tumblr dash and getting a boner like some disgusting teenager.
    i would have loved to just have had no sex drive honestly that was torture. NOTICE IM USING PAST TENSE HERE SO... THATS FIXED LOL

ugh, I feel for past you, that must have sucked maximum

I found that my prozac made me drink more recklessly (that will have been a tolerance thing but also impulse changes idk?!?!) and it was quite a wild ride

but yeah my sex drive is already shit b/c of the pill, but like, controlling when I have a period is not a superpower I am willing to give up at this point in my life so it was the prozac that had to go in the end

I'm kinda terrified of trying another med b/c I've been spared of suicidal ideations for my entire life and I'm so scared they will appear because of the drug?? I probably just need to get laid and finish my degree tbh (the denial that there's any real problem is strong in this one)

/ramble
    you guys are great this is a great thread great job yaaass

i'm back baybeeee | nfi what i'm doing tho

avatar/signature images from a erwin/levi sfw doujin by hakodume/tama;
    their pixiv is sadly deactivated

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
    ugh, I feel for past you, that must have sucked maximum

I found that my prozac made me drink more recklessly (that will have been a tolerance thing but also impulse changes idk?!?!) and it was quite a wild ride

but yeah my sex drive is already shit b/c of the pill, but like, controlling when I have a period is not a superpower I am willing to give up at this point in my life so it was the prozac that had to go in the end

I'm kinda terrified of trying another med b/c I've been spared of suicidal ideations for my entire life and I'm so scared they will appear because of the drug?? I probably just need to get laid and finish my degree tbh (the denial that there's any real problem is strong in this one)

/ramble
    you guys are great this is a great thread great job yaaass
    Here is Aus i was taking 200mg of Pristiq at one point for few months until i was fine and slowly come off them like 2 years ago that stuff made it "almost" impossible to finish to the point my left arm was going to fall off almost and my dick was almost raw i swear but its all good now since i'm not suffering depression for like a year but it did get pretty bad where i was crying at my job etc just because i want to end my life but didn't want to because of my family and my Dog i love my dog.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, of course Vyvanse would cure any depression, until you stop taking it... @(you need an account to see links)
    Lisdexamphetamine is a helluvahigh. I used to shoot meth but (clean for over a year) dont do any drug (legal or not) and once I decided to shoot my lisdex
    and all I can say is
    HOLYFUCKINGCUNTJESUSGOD

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Well, of course Vyvanse would cure any depression, until you stop taking it... @(you need an account to see links)
    Lisdexamphetamine is a helluvahigh. I used to shoot meth but (clean for over a year) dont do any drug (legal or not) and once I decided to shoot my lisdex
    and all I can say is
    HOLYFUCKINGCUNTJESUSGOD

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

and all I can say is
    HOLYFUCKINGCUNTJESUSGOD

welp apparently my internet is autistic because this should not post 3x in one post...

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123