41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    Hi Bettser! Let me make sure I know what you're asking for: basically, an offsite, clraik-affiliated (or not, due to potentially driving folks away) guide that takes into account Waka and Owls values, along with any "word of mouth" values like you see on VC boards. I'll go through the questions you asked under the impression that that's what you're aiming for here:

1. Currently, Owls and Waka are the two guides that most traders are using. Owls decided to make a whole new dataset of values, so they're missing a LOT, but they do have the advantage of having some values that Waka doesn't have due to recent re-releases like the Retired Superpack Capsules and the JJPB suitcases. BUT, Owls only puts values up when they have 4-5 reports on a trade for that item. So most people do the following:

- Look for a value on Owls
    - Look for a value on Waka
    - Ask Owls if they have any trade data
    - Make a VC board

It's kind of a pain, lol.

2. Active traders... the dream...

3. Weekly updates might be a lot. I feel like you'd have to take the temperature of how often the boards are moving and when - trading has REALLY slowed down in some ways and gotten more aggressive in others. Obviously it's more active on the weekends, so you may need a couple of days to collate data. A bimonthly Wednesday update maybe? Or monthly? I don't know. Depends on whether you're trying to track values or trends in general, I think.

4. Sale information could be an interesting thing to add if the buyers/sellers were open to it. For privacy's sake, if it's a high-ticket item, it may be better to list it as box values instead of dollars so no nosy TNT member can track the like... one Sputtering Grey Mini-Monster still actively being traded.

5. I'm stuck on this question. I think that Owls does a lot of the hard work already in keeping track of community reports for trades, and there's even a non-wearables guide (on Valisar, I believe?). So really the only thing we'd be doing is adding VC board data to the equation, which doesn't seem like a good enough reason to make a whole additional guide. I do think that having values not affiliated with Neopets or the Owls team is good, but I feel like we'd end up using what Owls has for a lot of things, which just means we wouldn't be making a NEW values guide, just adding on to an existing one in a sense.

Sorry if this post told you a lot of things you already know. I wasn't sure how familiar you still were / are with the scene!
    I definitely do agree with the monthly updates now that I think about it. Allows for way more data to be added and allows that data to be more concrete.

Sale information would be sort of saved on the side as notes so that no one gets frozen/outed for providing data.

And that's the idea. It wouldn't be a completely new guide. It would most definitely be taking data provided by Owls + Waka into consideration and working on that to improve it / keep it going even after they stop updating which seems to be typical for these guides.

It's most definitely going to be a longer term project and it's just a trial right now.
    Last edited by Bettser; 04-05-2022 at 11:51 AM.