Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I'm just saying that she doesn't have to stop eating certain foods (like burgers) if she wants to lose weight. And as I've said, both she and I (and many of her followers) have lost plenty of weight. Not by rigorously exercising, but by changing the way we eat.

And I don't know if I would call this a debate. You're just being plain nasty. o_O

Good day to you.
    Suggesting someone cut out red meat is a great way to cut fat. Chicken and Fish are better ways to still get your protein and not as much excess fat. You can cut out meat all together and still get your proper protein intake with nuts and veggies. The healthy protein intake that someone needs is actually way less than people think. You only need 0.8 grams of protein per Kilogram of body weight.

Here is a great reference if someone were to choose to take this route: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolz View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Please please please do not think I am being horrible.

Most of the time I have seen you on webcam on TC, you are eating/drinking McDonalds or what looks to be one anyways.

Fast food and soda, cut them out and you will more then likely start to loose weight without actually doing anything.

I'm not talking like dropping 5 sizes and getting a six pack but you will start to lose some weight and loose "excess flab"... also will clear up your skin, I'm not saying you have spots, I'm just saying it is a positive side effect

Something you can bear in mind to help you. Most people have heard the diet advice "eat till you're satisfied, not till you're full" well that, but the human stomach is roughly the size of your fist and you only need to eat a fist size worth to have a full meal. More small meals is better then a few large ones.

Also, even slight dehydration can causes the feeling of hungry, when you are feeling a little big hungry, drink a glass off water and give it 15 mins and you will find your hungry will probably go away.
    Milk too, a glass of milk will fill ya up

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswatsup View Post
    Milk too, a glass of milk will fill ya up
    I'm very much lactose intolerant.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Then water would do @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    dahling, the goal here shouldn't be to get skinny, it should be to get healthy.
    one of my extremely close friends, lucie, is french-vietnamese and has a body type that means she will never be 'skinny'. she goes running every day, bikes with her husband in marathons and cooks all-natural, all-healthy meals every day! she's in amazing shape, with guns like you wouldn't believe, and hasn't had a health issue in years.
    what you should be focusing on is not your appearance. you're beautiful!
    eating disorders run in my family. my sister still struggles with hers- for a long time she was in the hospital being force-fed because her body couldn't accept food she had been starving it for so long. a few weeks ago she called me, in tears, because she found a stretch mark on her thigh. her life is a constant struggle to eat, to love the way her body looks. my sister is beautiful- unbelievably so. she's a part-time model and has the face of a fucking angel.
    but my family has a disposition to EDs, and she hates the way she looks.
    i struggled in highschool- not to the same extent, but still- i struggled. there was a period of about 8 months in which i didn't get my period because i was consuming little over 300 calories per day and exercised every night after my family was asleep. i almost killed myself because one day I stepped on the scale and saw 140 in flashing numbers.
    i haven't checked my weight in years but i'm assuming i'm somewhere around the 150 mark now.
    my lowest weight in highschool was 93 pounds, and i hated myself more than anything. in case you were wondering, i'm about 5"8. that's a bmi 14.1- a healthy bmi is 21.
    nowadays, i eat healthy. sure, i still eat homecooked burgers every once and a while, but my average meal consists of grilled chicken, some salad, and a huge cup of homemade tea. i enjoy food- i savor it, i chew it, i look forward to every meal. tonight i'm having tikka masala curry- i can smell it right now.
    i can run, jump, play- maybe i'm not as active as i should be, but i feel good. my body feels good- i don't get dizzy as often as i used to, i never faint, my joints don't ache, i don't get sick often- i'm healthy.
    so yeah, my thighs jiggle and i'm a size 8 instead of a 00, but honestly, i'm so much happier now, being healthy, than i ever was being 'skinny'.
    don't aim to lose weight, or look a certain way.
    aim to feel good.
    that's my advice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noreti For This Useful Post:

Mojo (08-04-2013),Owl (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    509 times
    Time Online
    43d 16h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes, I didn't want to read through all of this because I don't have the time to (literally I am about to head to work). But from what I have seen; all it takes is a bit of daily exercise (not even that much unless you're planning to build muscle for abs and stuff in the relation) and proper food proportions. That's the big one. Proportions of food and what the food is you eat is a big deal. Cut out snacking, and if you snack; eat something light and healthy. One of my friends from IL used to be a little chubby guy. All he did was cut out snacking and he's so skinny now. It was cray. My brothers that are twins both had a weight problem. They just talk a walk regularly every day, and watch their proportions. They lost so much weight and now they're really skinny.

I had a special diet plan I was following and I lost like 20 pounds super fast, but at a healthy speed. But I got lazy after a while. But I am fairly certain that I still have the paper with the plan on it. I need to get back into that. All it did was designate how much meat/milk/protein/vegetables/fruit/water/sugar/fat/bread I could have a day. And once I reached my limit on that day for whatever whether it be bread or fat or meat; I'd have to not eat any of those the rest of the day. And it made me feel a lot better. My days were less stressful and I was much more comfortable. And I was losing weight. So if you can find a diet like that to stick to; you would be very well off. Hell, I'd do it with you so we could keep each other accountable. ^~^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soul For This Useful Post:

Mojo (08-04-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I'm very much lactose intolerant.
    Yes because that stops us

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    375 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    So if you can find a diet like that to stick to; you would be very well off. Hell, I'd do it with you so we could keep each other accountable. ^~^

Yes please. Skype me about it.

And @(you need an account to see links) I would never drink a glass of milk. That shit is poison.
    A bowl of ice cream is a different story

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think everyone already told you about eating healthy (less sugar, more protein ! ) and doing exercise. I thought these could also help you :

- Here's a (you need an account to see links) a friend suggested to me once (I personally haven't tried it), and she told me it was THE thing that made her love training and doing sport. There are a lot of short videos (12 minutes or less) showing you how to exercise, from cardio to muscle-building (even yoga !)

- A friend of mine wrote a book about her weight loss process : (you need an account to see links) ; it can be inspiring for you to see someone who succeeded to lose 50 pounds ! (Really NOT meaning you have to lose that much)

- I also love the (you need an account to see links) - it sounds really weird, but it's very fun ! ^^

What you have to do is finding a sport you'll like, and mix it with a healthy diet. And perseverance ! Hope that helps xx

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Sorry, I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I agree with everyone else, it all starts with diet and exercise. You could try switching to Subway a couple times a week, their stuff is healthy and I get a foot-long cold cut combo for $5.35. I used to be pretty chubby myself, but I really thinned out whenever I went to high school and started soccer conditioning. If there are any clubs or teams locally that you could join, just for fun, that would also be good too.

All this is irrelevant though. What matters most is what you feel about you. If you want to lose a bit of weight, go for it. But don't ever feel like you have to or are pressured to. And ESPECIALLY don't go overboard. Healthy is better than skinny any day of the week.