Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Squingo View Post
    It's a mixed bag. I don't mind if something takes effort or investment but 90% of the site can be played with a program nowadays. The only things left are ancient flash games, a broken Battledome and the horror that is pet trading. A part of me misses when the site felt vast.

I don't mind if things take effort or time either. Neopets has always been that way.

My point was that with 14 months notice or whatever, even logging in for 5 minutes is enough to plop a pet in training. To say that it "isn't fair" just doesn't seem accurate.

If people aren't interested in putting in effort for any reason, that's their own business, I don't have anything to say about that.

We all had the same amount of time to prepare and in that time even a newbie could have trained or adopted a strong enough pet. If you don't want to do that, that's a different issue. IDK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buckley For This Useful Post:

Forever (11-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckley View Post
    I don't mind if things take effort or time either. Neopets has always been that way.

My point was that with 14 months notice or whatever, even logging in for 5 minutes is enough to plop a pet in training. To say that it "isn't fair" just doesn't seem accurate.

If people aren't interested in putting in effort for any reason, that's their own business, I don't have anything to say about that.

We all had the same amount of time to prepare and in that time even a newbie could have trained or adopted a strong enough pet. If you don't want to do that, that's a different issue. IDK.
    I agree with this... I have a pretty mediocre set/pet, but with the amount of notice I got it to a point where I can definitely rank up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to badsk8700o For This Useful Post:

Forever (11-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Nice job TNT, showing people to get what they want, is to whine about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zitilover For This Useful Post:

Delibird (11-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by badsk8700o View Post
    I agree with this... I have a pretty mediocre set/pet, but with the amount of notice I got it to a point where I can definitely rank up

I also don't like the idea that adults who do choose to invest time are losers, childlike, or somehow inferior to those who don't want to use their time to play. Ive seen that a lot on the boards. We are all free to use our time how we want. I'm an adult, I go to university, I take care of my responsibilities and domestic labour and do what I need to do to make sure I have time for what I like to do to mange my stress, play Neo.

Sometimes I miss avatars because I am busy with school. I don't think that's unfair. Thems just the breaks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buckley For This Useful Post:

donuts210 (11-24-2017),Forever (11-24-2017),LibraryFaerie (11-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I'm confused that people are so mad about it, because I feel like I'm awful at making money but for a while I've had a pretty good set that cost me less than 150k. It would definitely be enough to beat the wraith on Easy. and since I've been training level a lot recently, I can finally use Lens Flare! Which one-shots on Easy, and I'm pretty excited about that. I wouldn't even say I play very much -- I've never been able to do the whole "every x hours, check again and put neopet in training again" , I just did it once a day for the most part, or else not at all for months. Making 150k is easy with Trudy's Surprise, just log in every day. And with Premium you can earn even more via prizes in the Battledome - but Trudy is enough.

It's not like there's a huge jump from "shitty snowballs" to "hidden tower weapons costing millions". There's lots in between, definitely enough to take on the Easy wraith. I wouldn't even call myself a BDer but I read a guide or two and they were not hard to find.

Sure, eventually there might be enemies that are much harder. But that's *always* been the case with a plot. It would be weird if even the easiest enemy was not possible to kill without huge investment in weapons + training, but that's not the case...

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Forever (11-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjanexo View Post
    heartbreakahh is such a cunt, no wonder why she cries on the board that her husband left her
    damn u mad bro

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 19h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by elissa View Post
    yea but im an adult with a job not a teenager with hours to spend playing or caring about fucking neopets

like if i log on for 15 min a day i wanna be able to participate in the plot w minimal effort
    its like a tamagotchi - i used to take care of it for months on end without it dying. they barely last me 1 hour now

the majority of the player base just want some easy shit to nostalgia about not something that requires effort damn
    I work 50+ hours a week and still have enough time to set aside at least a couple of hours per week to restock, snipe, or resell to make NPs. I mean damn we're on a cheating site. You can literally turn your AB on and come back to a buch of neopoints at the end of the day or even score send. No game is going to shaft long time loyal players so that someone who just logs in every few months can have some nostalgia.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by elissa View Post
    yea but im an adult with a job not a teenager with hours to spend playing or caring about fucking neopets

like if i log on for 15 min a day i wanna be able to participate in the plot w minimal effort
    its like a tamagotchi - i used to take care of it for months on end without it dying. they barely last me 1 hour now

the majority of the player base just want some easy shit to nostalgia about not something that requires effort damn

Lolol I am also an adult with a full time job and am able to participate in the plot with minimal effort. 15mins a day is more than enough time to collect the FREE NP from Trudy's yo buy codestones and put your pet into the training academy. Not to mention you're on a cheating site - add cupcakes to your dailies and you dont even have to train.

People 100% did not need a weapon that strong to beat the wraith on easy. I didn't care either way about the weapon being nerfed or not, I liked using it but I had strong enough buyable weapons already.

And like, isn't this how all video games work? You can beat a game if you casually playthrough, but you aren't getting ultimate weapons and accessories or beating extra bosses without grinding...

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    ok lol people need to calm down and stop taking my half assed “adult with a job” comment personally

yes we all have jobs... congratulations on your job and your neopets playing abilities

i’ll agree to disagree about people caring about neopets

15. The Following User Says Thank You to elissa For This Useful Post:

zitilover (11-24-2017)