Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

this is so distressing

guhhh I just need to complain for a second here

So basically I've been trying to find a job with zero luck because as it would be my first job I don't have any prior experience and just about everyone wants that. I've applied to a few places that don't require it but they're few and far between and the search has been rather difficult. My parents keep pushing me to get a job but they don't seem to get that it's not gonna happen right away??? Like just chill and get off my back for a minute. My dad yelled at me a week ago because I told him there are certain things I can't do because of my SEVERE anxiety (such as working in a call center because I basically have a panic attack whenever I have to talk to someone I don't know over the phone and doing this all day would cause a breakdown) and he's just like "why does it matter you need to get a job I don't care about how you feel about it". I'm not getting a job for them. I'm getting it for ME so I can get the fuck out of this hellhole and get an apartment. Luckily I have my boyfriend's help for that so it'll only take a few months rather than me sticking around for another year. I'd leave right now if it weren't for this operation I have to have in December, and explaining my relationship with this guy will be a huge issue and I'm not sure how to go about doing it just yet. On top of all this I was hoping I'd make a little extra money with doing commissions but it looks like I'll be needing a new tablet before I can manage to do so. It's to the point where the darn thing keeps disconnecting every five seconds and it takes forever to draw a few lines. It's super old so I figure I need a new one anyways but the one I'm going for is $100 and I'm flat broke and the only way I could get that money is by doing commissions so it's kind of a dilemma lol. I'm selling almost all of my pretty UCs while I'm at it because I miiight manage to get enough that way? But I'm also stuck between saving that money towards moving out or getting the tablet. Tablet could help me earn back just as much or even more but it's not a sure thing because I don't tend to get a whole lot of interest in my art (I don't think it's all that bad but maybe others do, or maybe it's just that I don't have the means to advertise it so enough people will see it, idk). So yeah I'm pretty stuck right now and I hate it.

ok I'm done venting sorry

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I get so mad when I hear about people's parents being insensitive scum
    My parents don't understand anxiety either. They think I can just shake it off. They think I can just shake clinical depression off too. Yeah.
    I can't wait until I can get away from this hellhole and never have to think of them again, ever.
    I hope you can figure out what you need to do to be able to move out soon so you can have a life devoid of unnecessary emotional torture.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Don't worry. It takes patience as I myself know from experience (depending where you live) that it can take a lengthy time to find a job.

My dad used to kick me out of the house to find a job at age 15 and this went on until I finally got a job at 18. So no matter what, just keep trying and don't let yourself give up.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    dude
    i work in a call centre and its a fate worse than fucking death
    dont go it, anxiety or not

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Thank you. I'm sorry you have to deal with that sort of thing, too. D: It's insanely frustrating when the people that are supposed to be there for you don't bother to understand.
    @(you need an account to see links) That's terrible. D: Yeah, it's been a pretty big struggle but I just filled out some more applications so hopefully that'll get me somewhere. Thanks!
    @(you need an account to see links) Oh gosh, I can only imagine. I could never. D:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flowercrown For This Useful Post:

txtsd (10-02-2014)