59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I totally agree with you. idk how many people here follow this stuff, I feel like I'm just blabbing with I go off talking about political stuff sometimes though xD
    I was reading another article today where there was the special license that would give illegals a license and the right to drive in the US. I'm just confused why people here illegally are treated like royalty with all these freebies. It blows my mind. There was another article going on about how if we dont fix the borders and the immigration problems we would be well on our way to backtracking into a third world country before too long. Maybe a bit of stretch but I see what the general point of the article was o-o

I'm used to the govt just doing whatever they want really. I only heard about it in the papers after everything was already in place. Apparently other counties already had some similar things, but they are coming to my county too now.
    I follow it because I hate being out of the circle of information. Being can ignore it and watch Honey Boo boo all they want, but when shit goes down, at least I know what's the fact and what's just propaganda. You're fine; I don't mind talking about it either. It's such a taboo topic and it easily brings out the worst in people, all due to ones own personal views.
    Wait are you serious?! That's a royal crock of dog shit if it's true. I was reading earlier this week that instead of the economy growing as it is been alleged, it's instead doing the complete opposite. Shrinking. That's bad for capital as well as employment. With an unemployment rate at 11+% (I'm including veterans as well and those who have fallen off their benefits/given up looking) instead of allowing illegals, one should take care of the home-front and then work their way into foreign policy. But that's just me and my opinion. Sorry for the rant ._.
    And I wouldn't be shocked if we continued on this spiral of giving away and taxing taxing. It'll turn into the French Revolution or somewhat like it.
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm sorry, I'm just so focused on the part where there are sick people that need to be cared for xD

I know there's a big issue with illegal immigrants occupying the country, but when I hear there are people who need treatment, I just feel like as humans we should help them out. But yeah, 100% it's really shady that they're trying to keep all this hush-hush.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

because right now it seems like the entire article is a reiteration of gossip.
    Wait nevermind, it's an opinion piece! DUH. That explains why it came off that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm just so focused on the part where there are sick people that need to be cared for xD

I know there's a big issue with illegal immigrants occupying the country, but when I hear there are people who need treatment, I just feel like as humans we should help them out. But yeah, 100% it's really shady that they're trying to keep all this hush-hush.
    I mean, yeah it's great to be able to help out where we can. But when illegal immigrants are being treated and accommodated better than American citizens, that's where I have a problem. There are still a lot of people with no insurance, so they can't even get a doctors visit without paying an arm and a leg. yet these illegal immigrants are welcomed in and having all these diseases treated like it's no big deal. Then the people who are treating them are threatened with losing their job, from armed military security contractors. At that point I lose an empathy and just say send em back to where they came from. D:
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    20d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    As a nurse, this freaks me out. Measles and strep throat especially can be VERY bad news if they become complex, and with all these looney anti-vaccine parents running around raising children unvaccinated for measles... eep.

i'm back baybeeee | nfi what i'm doing tho

avatar/signature images from a erwin/levi sfw doujin by hakodume/tama;
    their pixiv is sadly deactivated

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:

Dot (07-02-2014),Foxglove (07-01-2014),I_royalty_I (07-01-2014),Jager (07-01-2014),Katieee (07-02-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    There are still a lot of people with no insurance, so they can't even get a doctors visit without paying an arm and a leg.
    Dang, is the Affordable Care Act really taking this long to be enforced? (Since it requires every citizen to either have insurance or get an exemption, or otherwise pay a fee). I remember when the website was first up, it died like right away and not many people were able to sign up or something.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I follow it because I hate being out of the circle of information. Being can ignore it and watch Honey Boo boo all they want, but when shit goes down, at least I know what's the fact and what's just propaganda. You're fine; I don't mind talking about it either. It's such a taboo topic and it easily brings out the worst in people, all due to ones own personal views.
    Wait are you serious?! That's a royal crock of dog shit if it's true. I was reading earlier this week that instead of the economy growing as it is been alleged, it's instead doing the complete opposite. Shrinking. That's bad for capital as well as employment. With an unemployment rate at 11+% (I'm including veterans as well and those who have fallen off their benefits/given up looking) instead of allowing illegals, one should take care of the home-front and then work their way into foreign policy. But that's just me and my opinion. Sorry for the rant ._.
    And I wouldn't be shocked if we continued on this spiral of giving away and taxing taxing. It'll turn into the French Revolution or somewhat like it.
    I couldn't agree more with that last bit. The numbers the media puts out are so skewed it's not even funny. I have thought that for awhile now, we should focus on our own home-front instead of trying to provide for everybody else out there.
    We give away billions in aid to other countries, just to have them hate us and make us out to be the bad guys. We get screwed on oil prices, while giving deep discounts for our top exports. We just need leaders who will stand up for the citizens. Cut off the aid until our economy is stable, step up trading. We are the #1 wheat exporter. If we jack up our prices like other countries do to us, we could play a little hard ball and level the playing field. All of this is really just a pipe dream though and will never happen. I really have to try to contain myself though because sometimes I get a little heated xD

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Dang, is the Affordable Care Act really taking this long to be enforced? (Since it requires every citizen to either have insurance or get an exemption, or otherwise pay a fee). I remember when the website was first up, it died like right away and not many people were able to sign up or something.
    The Affordable Care Act was a disaster x.x
    For awhile there it seemed like more people were losing insurance instead of getting it. Urgh.

They knew the websites were not up to par before they rolled them out, they had them tested by private companies and they knew, but they rolled it out anyway. Then all the errors started coming through. Total disaster. Part of me wishes it fizzles out because I don't want Obamas name to be associated with something positive after all the shit he has done.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Sorry to burst your bubble but because I work over 30 hours, and because I don't want to pay for a shit plan that is doubled the price than what my original insurance was (included dental, hospitalization, yearly, accidental) I am being fined because I'm going without. The ACA also known to the majority of American's as the Obama-care is a scam in itself. I'm lucky my father has medicare but my mother and I are screwed under the stipulations of the "plan." It needs to be fixed before it's implemented.
    J A G E R

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jager For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-01-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
    As a nurse, this freaks me out. Measles and strep throat especially can be VERY bad news if they become complex, and with all these looney anti-vaccine parents running around raising children unvaccinated for measles... eep.
    OMG, good point! Despite the laws in this country, there are plenty of anti-vaccination people who refused to get their kids vaccinated and opted for an exemption instead. So, the influx of people carrying these communicable diseases is really disconcerting. They really ought to screen the illegal immigrants before taking them anywhere, especially if they're using public transportation. Or at least treat them in the area where they first find them, before taking them to refugee camps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

icebox (07-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    OMG, good point! Despite the laws in this country, there are plenty of anti-vaccination people who refused to get their kids vaccinated and opted for an exemption instead. So, the influx of people carrying these communicable diseases is really disconcerting. They really ought to screen the illegal immigrants before taking them anywhere, especially if they're using public transportation. Or at least treat them in the area where they first find them, before taking them to refugee camps.
    That would be the ultimate ruse.

"Hey come on over we are gonna send you to our docs and have you checked out"

*Packs up on buses to ship back over the border*

"We're here!""
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 07-01-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    [QUOTE=I_royalty_I;488806]I couldn't agree more with that last bit. The numbers the media puts out are so skewed it's not even funny. I have thought that for awhile now, we should focus on our own home-front instead of trying to provide for everybody else out there.
    We give away billions in aid to other countries, just to have them hate us and make us out to be the bad guys. We get screwed on oil prices, while giving deep discounts for our top exports. We just need leaders who will stand up for the citizens. Cut off the aid until our economy is stable, step up trading. We are the #1 wheat exporter. If we jack up our prices like other countries do to us, we could play a little hard ball and level the playing field. All of this is really just a pipe dream though and will never happen. I really have to try to contain myself though because sometimes I get a little heated xD[COLOR="Silver"]

I agree. Let the Middle East and the people over there bomb themselves to death and let us fortify our defenses and take care of our Military veterans that are being put on Secret lists to die. That's what we need to deal with. I understand that we need to keep ties with some countries (ie: Israel) however it isn't as though they are leeching from us, or abandoning millions of dollars worth of military weapons and vehicles.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I wish I could thank your post Andrew.
    J A G E R