Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What are you making for Christmas?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Lol, Im a terrible cook. Im supposed to make coookies with my brother later on, and he doesnt cook either... so Im not sure what they will taste like. Im thinking peanut butter cookies. Adding chocolate chips and such seems like a hassle to me
    Oh! These are simple and fun... Your description reminded me of them and they may just be it.

(you need an account to see links)

Made them awhile back and they taste fantastic. Great party foods as well if necessary.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    On the topic of christmas food, I made my annual peppermint bark to hand out to all the neighbors and such. Good stuff, and everyone's hooked on it.
    Oooh. c:
    While I'm not a fan of peppermint, it's always fun to be famous for making a certain thing very well. I know lots of people who looooove peppermint bark. Reminds me too much of toothpaste, personally.
    This is my first year making brittle, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it will turn out. I bought my first candy thermometer and am excited to try it out! Do you use a candy thermometer to make peppermint bark?

Lol, Im a terrible cook. Im supposed to make coookies with my brother later on, and he doesnt cook either... so Im not sure what they will taste like. Im thinking peanut butter cookies. Adding chocolate chips and such seems like a hassle to me
    o_o
    You buy the chocolate chips and pour them in! What do you mean, hassle?
    But peanut butter cookies are delish, with our without the choco chips.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    That recepie looks great got almost every ingrediant too. I have some tinned new potatoes I have had no idea what to do with now I think about it would make a nice ingredient for a veggie curry . Going to give that recepie a shot just need to add some masala to my shopping list and im ready to go .

For brownies I have not tried anything not even the box mixes I will probably start with that as I am severely lacking decent cooking equipment right now I got the basics but I still neeed trivial things like decent baking trays , measuring equipment ect. Getting there though! .
    Aww I wish I could send you some of my extras! Don't worry, you will accumulate lots of stuff over time, eventually more than you'll know what to do with!
    I'm glad you will try the recipe! Again, it makes a good base but you have to tweak it to your liking; as-is it's pretty bland.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sari View Post
    I made cake pops yesterday. The first batch of candy I melted failed so hard. I don't know what happened to it. It got super hard. 0.o

But the second batch I put in the double boiler, and it turned out great. When I put them in the fridge to solidify them, I thought they'd gotten like rock hard too, but they didn't. They were perfect (except for the fact that they looked a mess) and they tasted fucking amazing. For a first try, I'm happy with them. I might have used too much icing. I'll have to give it another go at some point.

I had Christmas with my grandparents today (my mom's side of the family) so that's where I was all day today. I got this recipe container that had like 99 hershey chocolate recipes inside. I told my mom I'm making like every single one of those before New Years. We have this ranch (basically a deer lease, but we actually own it, not lease it) out near Lampassas (if you've ever heard of that town and so not sure if I even spelled that right lol) and my aunt wants us to go there for New Years. We generally have family + a ton of family friends head out there on New Years, so the stuff would definitely be gone in a decent amount of time.

My mom makes this dip... It's called Texas Caviar. I'm not entirely sure what all goes in it, but it's amazing. I know it's bell peppers, avocados, black eyed peas and ranch dip powder. Other things too, but I'm not sure what. I've never even paid attention to that when she makes it, but omfg it's so amazing. :3
    That dip sounds awesome. Anything with avocado = love.
    Cake balls are the best. They're a lot of work, but when they turn out right they taste like amazing truffles you'd get at a fancy store. I've made them a few times, twice with German Chocolate cake/icing, which turned out great both times, and once with lemon cake/white icing; those turned out horrible. I don't know what happened the third time, it just wasn't working, lol. I've seen the recipe site I use mention a double boiler but I don't even know what that is. I just melted the chocolate in the microwave. xD
    Do you mix the cake with the icing and then coat it in chocolate?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My feast:

- Turkey
    - Cranberry sauce
    - Perogies with fried onions and bacon pieces on top
    - Cabbage rolls in cream with bacon pieces on top
    - Ukranian Piroshki (little potato filled dumpling) soaked in a thick dill cream sauce
    - Green beans
    - Meatballs in a cranberry chili sauce
    - Corn
    - Mashed potatoes
    - Homemade gravy
    - Stuffing
    - Platter of pickles, cheese, sausage, and peperoni

Worst part is timing all the cooking lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Haha, not really. I kind of just melt the white chocolate, throw the peppermint shards in along with a few other goodies, and let portions of it dry in the oven on platters. Simple but effective, and then when you make it look nice and such as gifts, people love it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    108/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    49d 8h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    MMM, well my mom does all the cooking,

But personally, me and my granny are supposed to be making fudge(:

and then on my own, I am making my homemade chocolate pudding(:
    [11:06 PN] domenick: you cant fix stupid
    [11:06 PM] andrew: unfortunately not lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    @(you need an account to see links)

The hassle is that Im a horrible cook xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGamer View Post
    Lucky, my mom has no idea what to do when it comes to cooking. Oddly enough its more often my dad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So far Ive made cookies/etc; Home made oatmeal raisins, oatmeal butter scotch, chocolate chip, peanut butter blossoms, homemade English toffee, and peanut butter fudge, regular fudge with/without nuts
    pies: Pecan Pie, Sweet potato pie

food:chicken salad, seafood salad, deviled egg's, ham with a bourbon pineapple sauce, and cranberry salad every one else is bringing the rest
    everyone's at least bringing 1 dish and i have 17 ppl coming over

plus i have alot of appetizers and such to snack on while you wait

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    Haha, not really. I kind of just melt the white chocolate, throw the peppermint shards in along with a few other goodies, and let portions of it dry in the oven on platters. Simple but effective, and then when you make it look nice and such as gifts, people love it.
    It's definitely very pretty. I might have to try making it sometime

Quote Originally Posted by RPGamer View Post

But personally, me and my granny are supposed to be making fudge(:

and then on my own, I am making my homemade chocolate pudding(:
    I've actually never made fudge but I am dying to try sometime. Did it turn out good?

Quote Originally Posted by khawk3lite View Post
    So far Ive made cookies/etc; Home made oatmeal raisins, oatmeal butter scotch, chocolate chip, peanut butter blossoms, homemade English toffee, and peanut butter fudge, regular fudge with/without nuts
    pies: Pecan Pie, Sweet potato pie

food:chicken salad, seafood salad, deviled egg's, ham with a bourbon pineapple sauce, and cranberry salad every one else is bringing the rest
    everyone's at least bringing 1 dish and i have 17 ppl coming over

plus i have alot of appetizers and such to snack on while you wait
    Oh my gosh you made all those things?! I counted 7 types of cookies, 2 pies, and 5 dishes. That's very impressive, especially for a guy. :o
    Did your get-together go well?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

@(you need an account to see links)

The hassle is that Im a horrible cook xD
    Well at least you try. xD

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    My feast:

- Turkey
    - Cranberry sauce
    - Perogies with fried onions and bacon pieces on top
    - Cabbage rolls in cream with bacon pieces on top
    - Ukranian Piroshki (little potato filled dumpling) soaked in a thick dill cream sauce
    - Green beans
    - Meatballs in a cranberry chili sauce
    - Corn
    - Mashed potatoes
    - Homemade gravy
    - Stuffing
    - Platter of pickles, cheese, sausage, and peperoni

Worst part is timing all the cooking lol
    Damn girl you made all that?! Kudos to you! Those dishes sound fancy and time-consuming. I'm especially intrigued by the meatballs in cranberry sauce. My family and I are lazy, we just did the basics; turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls, and gravy. And we even split that up amongst ourselves. I can imagine the timing can be tricky, especially if you're making it all by yourself! Sounds amazing though; you need to have me over for leftovers
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Mhmm. I had pot roast, green bean casserole and stuffing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to grundoswarehouse For This Useful Post:

t4nzi (12-27-2012)