Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My computer doesn't recognize my phone half the time?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpacasso View Post
    See, it's really weird because the only problem I have is with my phone. Even when my phone "disconnects" from my computer, it's still charging. I have no idea what's going on. It happens with all of my USB ports.

I've tried using the official and generic cables with it.
    Tried to reset it to factory settings then backing it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    When you plug into a wall outlet does it charge uninterruptedly?
    Personally I think it's your computer's power supply. USB ports draws power from the +5V rail of your computer's power supply. If the 5V rail isn't strong enough for all USB devices you will drop below 5V DC in your USB port. You could look into a USB Y-cable which takes 2 USB plug-ins to maintain 5 volts. If you have a USB 3 port, those go up to 900mA - I would try charging off that port.

Otherwise your best bet is a (you need an account to see links) (Also you can look into a USB y-cable but I wouldn't recommend that)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    its the cord, Ive had the same problem myself, the charge uses different pins than twisted pair for data transfer. I can plug my galaxy in to my comp and it charges fine but wont be recognized as a device with a particular cord I had. New usb cord solved the problem.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    121 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    When you plug into a wall outlet does it charge uninterruptedly?
    Personally I think it's your computer's power supply. USB ports draws power from the +5V rail of your computer's power supply. If the 5V rail isn't strong enough for all USB devices you will drop below 5V DC in your USB port. You could look into a USB Y-cable which takes 2 USB plug-ins to maintain 5 volts. If you have a USB 3 port, those go up to 900mA - I would try charging off that port.

Otherwise your best bet is a (you need an account to see links) (Also you can look into a USB y-cable but I wouldn't recommend that)
    Yes, my phone charges uninterruptedly when plugged into a wall outlet with this cord. All of my ports are USB 3, so it shouldn't be that?
    @(you need an account to see links) Did you buy a generic usb cord or another Samsung one?