2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Recommendations for specific types of VPN / proxy programs

To start, I am very, very new to this site, and also IP stuff, so please forgive me if I am being nooby and/or breaking rules (I did read through them but it's definitely possible I missed something so I apologize in advance)

I recently discovered sites that sell neopets/points etc and I have purchased a handful of things that are now on 3 separate accounts. I have been reading like crazy on how to safely transfer them to my main, and I think I have a good idea of how to go about this.

The one thing I am worrying about is the IP addresses. I have been using my "real" / "legit" accounts with my actual IP address detectable, but I have been using a VPN program for my 3 newly acquired accounts. However, every time I use this program, it grabs different IPs, and I am worried that it'll seem fishy if every time I log into one of these shell accounts, the IP address appears from totally different areas in the US. I have been trying to find VPN programs that let you choose a location, and there are some - but I am wondering if it is possible to go the extra mile and find a program that continually uses the same IP address (at least as much as possible) so the accounts seem extra legit to TNT.

Any recommendations?

TL;DR: What VPN / proxy program(s) allow users to pick a specific location for IP addresses, or better yet, do any let you use the same IP over time?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Hide My Ass is a very popular choice, and you can select specific locations on the same IP each time.
    i love luna

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Private Internet Access is also a popular and safe choice. Gives you a big list of location IPs.

Moved to the Help section btw, as this is not a neopets guide.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Mudfish is a cheap vpn service. There's chrome extensions or firefox addons u pick. So whenever u login to those accts, u cn just switch to the node/ip/location u want.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------
    The extensions and addons are super easy to use. And mudfish is cheaper thn anything else i've seen on the web. Including PIA (private internet access)
    It's run by a korean fella who runs his business part time. He replies u <24hrs when u need tech support.
    There's subscription option and pay-per-traffic option. Both are very cheap.

---------- Post added 05-20-2016 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-2016 at 11:58 PM ----------

If u alrdy have a VPN service u're using and just need a program to proxify the other programs u're running like score sender, or even proxify ur browser, u can use (you need an account to see links)

The link is in chinese. Lemme know if u need help with installation n configuration. Lol
    The program's buttons etc are in english no worries. Haha

That program doesn't care what VPN provider u're using. It'll just channel ur program's connections all thru the IPs u specifiy. And it sticks the same IPs everytime. U can change the setting to switch to other IPs halfway. U only have to configure: specify the IPs and the login/pwd of ur VPN acct if u're using mudfish or PIA or whatever.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

It also supports plain old proxies (non-VPNs)
    Last edited by foreignemphasis; 05-19-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Hide My Ass is a great investment if you have the money to spend (it's a yearly charge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I realise ur problem is more program centric. Not so much which service/vpn/proxy u use.
    I'm guessing u're using a program for (you need an account to see links) or sth like that to search for free proxies available to hop on.
    Such programs just use whatever resource is online to mask ur IP. So the resources (IPs) they find are usually not dedicated or just not optimal to route through. i.e. they might go offline or sth once in a while, or be switched out of, explaining why u see a different IP every time.

I recommend the program I mentioned earlier, (you need an account to see links). Shld fix ur problem immediately.
    The program is free and works with most modern browsers. Also works on Windows 10 and below.
    You only need to specify the proxy IP.
    You can find a list of available IPs on (you need an account to see links) or just use ur current program to search for available IPs (if it can do that)
    and punch the numbers into SocksCap64. Sockscap will then keep using the IPs u specified to run ur browser/programs. But if the IP (proxy) u specify is not online, or has bad ping, the program obviously won't work. If u run into that kind of problem, u might wanna consider the paid VPN providers the guys on this thread have mentioned. There are other good reasons to use a paid VPN but I won't go into the details. Ask if u wanna know.
    Last edited by foreignemphasis; 05-20-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    A good choice would be Hide my ass. I regularly use it. However, sometimes it happens so that when you use VPN, it is still possible to track the actual IP address. You should always check the rate of anonymity, e.g. by the means of https://2ip.io/privacy/ . The program will calculate the percentage of anonymity and try to find your real IP address. If the program is not able to single out your real IP and the rate is of at least 90%, so everything's cool!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Thanks everyone - I ended up going with Hide My Ass, just because it was the first response on this thread and it had good reviews - I am paying on a month-to-month basis cause I don't know if I'll need it for an entire year. So far so good!