Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should all drugs be decriminalized?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    A bit tangential, but I've always thought that the "Weed is natural, ergo it's good" philosophy was just dumb. Poison hemlock is natural, go smoke that and tell me how good it is. If anything artificial stuff should be viewed as more trustworthy, because artificial things are (generally) specifically made to be attractive and helpful to humans, whereas natural organic things develop with self-defenses to protect themselves from predators such as humans.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    19h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    short answer: no.

Most to do with if it was legalized, our governments would probably make and distribute it. That just sounds like a plot to some dystopian movie.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe that should not be decriminalized because the negative effects of each of them in our body would lead to very high mortality rates, even by the side effects they cause. The whole system is supported by them too, and there goes another thread already...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    yea why not? just legalize it and put laws in place for it same as alcohol and we put the money to enforce drugs to better use

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If drugs were legalized, they'd have to be regulated to some extent - think back to the opium shops of the 1800s, you had people that knew dosages and how to adminster/monitor those on the drug.

People already drink irresponsibly and certain drugs have a far lower threshold where you hit a point of no return and OD/die.

If the drugs were regulated in something akin to the opium parlors, you'd still run into people that couldnt afford them and there'd be a black market still, albeit much less profitable.

However, drug addiction comes with its own set of problems and as it stands at least in the US, it would be tough to take on drug addiction as a medical ailment as far as insurance goes. But, that has far less to do with drugs rather than the state of healthcare and hospital crowding.

Drugs are harmful, liquor and tobacco do fit this bill as well but they are grandfathered. For some reason there werent riots when Opium parlors got shut down by govts, at least not in the sense of booze, but /shrug.

I have no problem if stuff is done safely, as long as it doesnt have a cost to me (in terms of insurance, hospital times, etc). Opiums are still used by doctors on patients, rather than outright banned (as are most drugs). They key word again comes down to responsibility, and theres no real way to enforce it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think weed should be legalized, alcohol should be criminalized again, and the rest should stay criminalized. You can't stop the spread of drugs, but you can at least try to rehabilitate the users.. and there will be users either way. Make it harder for them to be users.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrastic View Post
    I think weed should be legalized, alcohol should be criminalized again, and the rest should stay criminalized. You can't stop the spread of drugs, but you can at least try to rehabilitate the users.. and there will be users either way. Make it harder for them to be users.
    What about mind expanding drugs like mushrooms, LSD, DMT etc. ?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think that drugs should be decriminalized just as long as not done in public or in the vinicity of children

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    no as long as not done in front of children or in public

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think some drugs should stay criminalised, but weed shouldn't? Again, though if we criminalised everything the country may turn into a nanny state/a replication of 1984.