13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Nuvaring! Nuvaring! Nuvaring!

I am the biggest fan of it because it's worked so well for me. Tried Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, but it made me gain weight leading up to my wedding, made me break out, and made my periods worse. I was going to suck up the fear of the pain and get the copper IUD, set on avoiding the artificial hormone options in fear of the weight gain again, but I chickened out after my gyn's office messed up my appointment. I reluctantly tried Nuvaring after reading so many stellar reviews, and I've had zero side effects that I notice. None whatsoever in 2 years. And my periods only come every 5th week now, which is awesome too. The only downside is that it's a little expensive because no generics will be made until the patent runs up in a couple years, but there is a running $50 off coupon per prescription.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I am on the depo injection. And I have not had a period since starting it. Think I am one of the lucky ones...my sis was permanently on for about 4 months with this shot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

Neofett (06-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    37d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m

Birth Control?

I personally hate birth control. It made me sick and I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. It made my periods all whacko. I personally would use a condom if you guys are trying not to get pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreams For This Useful Post:

Amber (06-29-2016),DJ Music Man (06-29-2016),Neofett (06-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    14d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I used to have periods that lasted all 7 days and they were pretty heavy. I take generic Sprintec and it keeps it down to 3 days with only a medium amount of blood. I've only been on it about a year and haven't tried anything else but I know that if I miss a day I get a crazy mood swing the next with headaches.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pachirisu For This Useful Post:

Neofett (06-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I was on a generic birth control pill for 5 years, and it was great for the most part. Short 2-4 day periods that were super light and sometimes even non-existent. I would skip 4 periods per year due to this. Positives were the fact that it was free and easy to take. However, after 5 years I got off of it due to realizing how unhealthy it is for the body (birth control isn't fully researched, and we won't know how its fully effects for another 50 years or so), and I know two ladies who were fine before it and after it, unable to have kids, and my husband & I want kids in a few years. I was also informed how long it may take for one's body to adjust. In addition, I experienced a low sex drive the last year being on it, and I wanted to change that. Honestly, since getting off of it, I've been a LOT healthier, and I've started to figure out my ovulation chart 'cause some people swear by it. Plus, my husband and I are at a place that if we were to get pregnant, it would be okay. So we're hoping to test out that method and avoid birth control. Not sure if this helps at all.. but good luck with whatever you decide!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Neofett (06-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    20d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yes! That's helped a lot! I think i might stick with the generic for now and see how it goes. And at my appt I'll bring up switching. I researched a few other pills that's are even lower than Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo so maybe I'll be better switching to one of them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    I personally hate birth control. It made me sick and I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. It made my periods all whacko. I personally would use a condom if you guys are trying not to get pregnant.

I would not advise condoms as a sole bc method. When talking numbers condoms have a success rate of about 98% IF used exactly properly, that includes knowing proper size and how to actually put one on. If typical use numbers are used that success rate drops to around 80%. Typical use means the average, condoms break, wrong sizes are used, improperly put on, poor quality etc. Compare that to the 98-99.9% effectiveness of bcp and the numbers take the cake. Even with not takibg pills at the correct times the success rate stays above 97%. Unless of course a woman has poor memory and just cannot remember to take the pill, then one might as well not be on it at all. Condoms are better than nothing but comparing condoms to bcp for preventing pregnancy the numbers explain it all. However I do know some women get their own emotional and physical reactions to bcps. That is why so many varieties are available and a Doctor will help guide a woman to a new one if another simply is not a good fit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

starlin (06-29-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    37d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I would not advise condoms as a sole bc method. When talking numbers condoms have a success rate of about 98% IF used exactly properly, that includes knowing proper size and how to actually put one on. If typical use numbers are used that success rate drops to around 80%. Typical use means the average, condoms break, wrong sizes are used, improperly put on, poor quality etc. Compare that to the 98-99.9% effectiveness of bcp and the numbers take the cake. Even with not takibg pills at the correct times the success rate stays above 97%. Unless of course a woman has poor memory and just cannot remember to take the pill, then one might as well not be on it at all. Condoms are better than nothing but comparing condoms to bcp for preventing pregnancy the numbers explain it all. However I do know some women get their own emotional and physical reactions to bcps. That is why so many varieties are available and a Doctor will help guide a woman to a new one if another simply is not a good fit.
    Totally agree with you but it's probably good enough with the hormones haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    20d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    The first and last time my husband and I used a condom it broke and I had to take the morning after pill the next day. (One of the main reasons I got on BC) I just checked my BC now and the generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen is the Sprintec. It's Tri Lo Sprintec. So I'll try it out for another couple of months and see if I like it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I'm currently on Mirena.
    I have some issues where I get horrible uterus cramps but... honestly... hone having a period and not having to think about having a kid for 5 years is amazing.

The bad things people know about this IUD are outdated. They have fixed a lot and not so many cases of bad things happening are popping up.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk