10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    In that case if the kid is actually destroying the home you call the police because that persons life could be in danger. I have heard of undisciplined kids/teenagers who go on a rampage and the only thing left for a parent or guardian to so is call the police in. If that kid is old enough (I'm not talking about terrible twos or some 6 year old having s temper tantrum)they can be charged. They want to act like an unruly abusive out of control individual you treat them as such. Being physical will only cause a greater outburst on the part of the child because they now believe that violence is the solution and they will need to fight back.

Teaching children respect, proper behaviors, and violence is not acceptable begins at an early age. If you guide and parent a child the chances of misbehaving to the level of destruction are minimal. Kids learn, especially at a young age, through observation. If they see Mommy or Daddy yelling and screaming they will do it to. If they see hitting and throwing things they will do it. If a kid can do something bad like push something over to break it and no discipline comes from it then they will do it again. Bad behaviors can be taught, but they can also be corrected.
    Her mother loves her too much to call the police.
    Her dad(passed away) previously did call the Police as she(the child) was holding a knife.

Nothing happened though, she was not arrested or anything, and she continued misbehaving.
    (That was like when she was 17 or so).

Her dad passed away from cancer though, and there's no longer anyone who can stop her.

Imagine her being hungry, demanding others to buy food for her since she's too lazy to get out of the house. (Eg KFC, upsize and change the drinks to Lemon Tea)
    However, Lemon Tea ran out so we bought Pepsi.
    When her mum returned and gave her the food, she raged and started scolding her mum for not changing to Lemon Tea, and started screaming that she has nothing to eat. Slams the door and starts shouting.

Worse of all, her mum doesn't scold her or anything, but instead gives in to her.

---
    On the other hand, her sister (my girlfriend) is the exact opposite of her. She was also brought up through punishments, canning and scoldings. She learned fast, became obedient and hardworking.
    Sometimes i wonder if they're really sisters.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by testing321123 View Post
    Her dad(passed away) previously did call the Police as she(the child) was holding a knife.

Nothing happened though, she was not arrested or anything, and she continued misbehaving.

Her dad passed away from cancer though, and there's no longer anyone who can stop her.

Imagine her being hungry, demanding others to buy food for her since she's too lazy to get out of the house. (Eg KFC, upsize and change the drinks to Lemon Tea)
    When her mum returned and gave her the food, she raged and started scolding her mum for not changing to Lemon Tea, and started screaming that she has nothing to eat. Slams the door and starts shouting.

Worse of all, her mum doesn't scold her or anything, but instead gives in to her.

---
    On the other hand, her sister (my girlfriend) is the exact opposite of her. She was also brought up through punishments, canning and scoldings. She learned fast, became obedient and hardworking.
    uhhhh... a 17 year old is hardly a "child" anymore.... O.o; Also, tough love is also a form love, mom needs to realize that. I don' think spanking her now will help... Mom's just gotta toughen up and quit being an enabler at this point... Any chance this girl has mental issues that she needs help with or something?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to potatoespotate For This Useful Post:

Jessica (02-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I agree with @(you need an account to see links)

Sounds like this girl may need to be evaluated.
    Seems she had issues even before the father passed away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to googleport For This Useful Post:

Jessica (02-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

---
    That's a sad situation, but I don't think verbal or physical punishment is going to help her.

If she's that horrible i would also agree that her mom should seek therapy for her.
    A parent being sick for a long time, and then passing is very stressful, on top of what seems very horrible anger issues, whatever they may stem from. She needs psychological help, from what these posts mention.
    I love other Jess even tho I log in like twice a year

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's too late, hence "spare the road, spoil the child"

Her father was able to control her a little, before he passed away.

If her mum was like her dad, would the situation be different?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    It's too late, hence "spare the road, spoil the child"

Her father was able to control her a little, before he passed away.

If her mum was like her dad, would the situation be different?
    I doubt beating her when she was younger would help tbh, I think in this case, either the parents were wayyyy too inconsistent in their parenting, like with mom constantly smothering her and underplaying dad's authority by trying too hard to be the "good cop" so in turn, she grows up being stupid and entitled because she was not taught to respect authority when she was younger and seems to have easily gotten her way with mom when she was younger. If that's not the case and this behaviour problem is a development around the time dad was diagnosed with cancer or other traumatic events, it could be that she might need help with coping or something along those lines.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to potatoespotate For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (02-22-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoespotate View Post
    I doubt beating her when she was younger would help tbh, I think in this case, either the parents were wayyyy too inconsistent in their parenting, like with mom constantly smothering her and underplaying dad's authority by trying too hard to be the "good cop" so in turn, she grows up being stupid and entitled because she was not taught to respect authority when she was younger and seems to have easily gotten her way with mom when she was younger. If that's not the case and this behaviour problem is a development around the time dad was diagnosed with cancer or other traumatic events, it could be that she might need help with coping or something along those lines.
    If the mom and dad had chose to discipline her together, i honestly believe she wouldn't turn out this way.
    O well, life sucks for them.
    She's a total goner right now, 21 and yet still behaving as if the world owes her.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by googleport View Post
    As I mother, I completely agree.
    I also know that here in the US laws have changed quite a lot.
    My daughter was taught at school last year (1st grade) that if I were to put her in timeout in her room and shut the door, she could call the cops and report it as entrapment or something like that.
    I have to add that I find it incredibly unlikely that a 1st grader would have the legal knowledge to be aware that their situation could be classified as entrapment and call the police. Not to mention, the police aren't going to actually do anything in this situation lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    I have to add that I find it incredibly unlikely that a 1st grader would have the legal knowledge to be aware that their situation could be classified as entrapment and call the police. Not to mention, the police aren't going to actually do anything in this situation lol
    They might not know, but they could still call the police out of fear.
    I mean, i once called the police during a quarrel with my mum. (When i was 12 or something).
    Wouldn't be surprised if a 1st grader calls the police, telling them that she's trapped in a room by her mom.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    They might not know, but they could still call the police out of fear.
    I mean, i once called the police during a quarrel with my mum. (When i was 12 or something).
    Wouldn't be surprised if a 1st grader calls the police, telling them that she's trapped in a room by her mom.
    Due to the fact that parents have been sending their kids to their rooms for decades, I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say this is a rare occurrence and does not provide any substantive reason that parents should not discipline their kids this way. A child being sent to "time out" in their room by their parent is not illegal, nor would the police get involved.