Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sites like neopets that spark creativity??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallowking View Post
    you could try Flight Rising since it looks like its the next big thing, but it doesn't have as good of a "pet" feeling. The cutesy atmosphere of Neopets is just so unique. And FR doesn't have much to do.

Clanheart is in Alpha right now but is another breeding game and very social-justicey. It's still glitchy and incomplete because Alpha but if you get in early you'll have a chance to tell them what to do with the site and make it not garbage. It's got sort of an adventure feel to it too, and you can choose what animal you want your clan to be.
    Explain pls.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txtsd For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015),Mindfang (09-19-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    the creator of clanheart is an nb (?) poc who cares about other poc ppl outside the gender norm and try to keep their game elements respectful towards all types of minorities
    theyre really outspoken about their stance on gender/sexism/racism/etc and incorporate things like it into their game
    personally im all for that because if i see one more fucking ~*tribal*~ npc in a pet game thats just a racist caricature of a nonwhite person im gonna literally shit out a brick of solid fury

ive spoken to the creator too, theyre really nice unless youre an intolerant jackass. none of this liberal shit you see petsite owners take on lol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

fruitbat (09-28-2015),lisaasil12 (09-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by txtsd View Post
    Explain pls.
    Recently in the Shout Box someone said that they'd like to kill all straight people. Everyone was like "wtf is wrong with you." Clanheart Staff came in and said something along the lines (paraphrasing) of "when you deal with oppression and humiliation every day because of your gender/sexuality, venting using death jokes is okay." It was mostly just poor wording on their part, and they apologized for it. I don't think that they meant it the way it sounds, but it came off as very "hey, since binary people are so mean to us we get to talk about killing them if we want okay?!?" After this the shout box was removed because it was becoming poisonous.

Instead of using male and female for breeding, they removed all implications of gender and sex entirely and replaced it with Sun and Moon and a magical explanation for how babies are made. Which is actually sort of cool, and isn't bad on its own, but there's no on-site explanation other than "we didn't want to offend people" and so it causes a lot of arguments.

I'm personally of the opinion that animals/humans can be categorized by their reproductive sex organs (male and female) and these are unrelated to gender, but a lot of nonbinary people don't like the words male or female at all and claim that it triggers them. (But I guess that's a topic for the debate subforum and not this one)

Essentially, people who didn't understand sun and moon and wanted to personally use male and female for their pets were getting occasionally shit on in the shout box before it was removed for forcing gender on their animals. I was having a conversation with someone about whether I headcanon sun as female or moon as female. What I said was "I always associate moon with female because girls' periods cycle every 28 days... the moon cycles every 28 days... you can't explain that!" As expected, I got shit on. Everyone started jumping on me for using the word "girl" and saying that "only females have periods." I apologized for using the word girl when I meant sexually female, trying to explain that people who IDENTIFY as male can have periods, but people with female sex organs are the only ones who have periods which is why I made the joke. I got about four really ugly PMs telling me that I should just die because I'm transphobic, or go back to shoving my bible in peoples faces (????). It was really toxic and annoying. I told someone in the shoutbox that I wasn't trying to attack their gender identity and they said "I think I get to decide if you're attacking me, you don't get to say that."

But the game has potential and I like that the owner was able to apologize for their poor choice of words. The community is just hypersensitive and I've met more rude people than nice ones.
    Last edited by marshmallowking; 09-19-2015 at 12:14 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marshmallowking For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015),Maki (09-20-2015),Octopus (09-19-2015)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    79d 2h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

is it spooky season yet?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015),Octopus (09-19-2015),Sakuras (09-19-2015)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Kaylune is super great <3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015),Octopus (09-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Gonna check out kaylune for sure ^^
    Thanks for all the responses

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Octopus For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Congratulations! You now own Mo, the Blue Shadeo!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:

lisaasil12 (09-23-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    @(you need an account to see links) ok this is like 9 years late but ive been thinking about this and i wasnt gonna reply but now i am because of who i am as a person
    i feel like... responsible somehow as a Filthy SJW to comment on where others, i feel, have gone wrong, especially when it comes to sites like clanheart. ive watched it come to life over the years and seeing it get brushed off bc its Too SJW is sort of frustrating to me. i havent played it yet, but like i said, the owner is lovely and the ppl working on it only want the best for the community, and considering the community and staff appear to be made up out of nonwhite lgbt mentally ill ppl, catering more to the feelings and safety of their oppressed members is more of a priority than anything. like, no offence, but theres barely any petsites or sites in general that cater to oppressed ppl that cishets/whites/neurotypical ppl havent rolled on into and turned into a shitfest. its nice theyre being looked out for.
    under a spoiler for discourse nobody cares about but my autism forbids me from letting this one go

anyway, kaylune is nice thanks for the recommendation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

fruitbat (09-28-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    10d 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    im surprised nobody has said leopets
    leopets goes hard af
    its just old neopets...and idk u get a mix of shit and non-shit ppl and a lot of user contribution
    pretty active boards

also virtual popstar is nice? the vibe is weird tho, everyone is like 12 and its easy to get money b/c if u can draw ANYTHING u will get big bux
    but its nice art, fun to be Great at, cool mechanics
    (also if u sign up use basil as a ref )

and um finally goatlings. nice community, pretty medium sized, smaller than fr and sb but a much more dedicated fan base. really cute art, easy to participate in, SUPER active boards, join goatlings!!!

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    IDK, I haven't found anywhere like Neo around. I tried FR, but it sucked, actually. Actually, my purpose in Neo hasn't been taking care of pets for a long time, I mean, since I figured out that the Neolodge works, I've been around for the people, mostly. And the possibility of events and plots.