DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I'm using Windows 10 right now and it pretty much functions the same way as Win, so I have nothing bad to say about it.

[/FONT]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    No complaints for Win10 for me! I love it, my laptop runs so much smoother. Win8.1 just was not my jam, it didn't work very well with my laptop. Was too demanding on resources. The only downfall is that my webcam no longer works but that's my PC's fault, it did this when I first bought it but now I don't remember how I fixed it. Oh well, just a small setback! I can always get an external.
    What kind of laptop is it? You just need to install the drivers for your webcam!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Ahh, I recently downloaded Windows 10. Can't say I like it at all. It's a bit hard to adjust to after only recently becoming used to W8. Definitely a little fiddly to see where everything is. I'm just going to miss hitting the windows key to hide my desktop screen. P:
    You can change a setting to have the windows 8 start button screen: (you need an account to see links)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallowking View Post
    I hate it. It doesn't look bad but I got used to windows 8 and I hate change. Also, they changed the sound that it makes when a small error occurs (like hitting backspace when a text box is empty) and it is GRATING to me. This sound is also the exact same as the notification sound, and it is always notifying me of one thing or another in a way windows 8 did not.

To top it all off, a handful of programs on here aren't compatible with windows 10.
    You can change the sounds in Control Panel.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zachafer For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (09-18-2015),Skarner (09-15-2015)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I actually got my Webcam working again I did have to reinstall drivers! It was frustrating but got it working now. Thank you, though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/1
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    19h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So I had 8.1 and always had issues with my touchpad locking up and acting funny. I backed up most of my stuff, wiped with a clean 8.1, and upgraded to 10. Once I figured out my drivers situation (had to redownload most of the Toshiba ones, for touchpad / function keys / etc) I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever. I haven't tried my webcam but likely I just need to redownload/reinstall the driver if there's an issue.

It's so refreshing having an actual, Microsoft-supported touchpad. I also like the notifications thing they have going on.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I had 0 problems with 8.1 :/ Now that I have updated to W 10 my touchpad works whatever it wants to, and keeps locking up everytime by... doing randoms clicks in it. I hate it.
    I know this would probably fix if I do all the process again, but I'm way too lazy to backup my stuff and do the upgrade again
    Like @(you need an account to see links), I hate change, and I was getting along with 8.1 it was IMHO prettier, so, I'm not happy with W10 at all.

*English isn't my first language, I'm still learning; Let me know if I said something funny *

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I guess I'll try fiddling with the settings. But I'm really gonna miss the windows panel thing. I had it reorganized and color coded so cuteeee.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    512 times
    Time Online
    24d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallowking View Post
    I guess I'll try fiddling with the settings. But I'm really gonna miss the windows panel thing. I had it reorganized and color coded so cuteeee.
    You can change a setting to have the windows 8 start button screen: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I still haven't upgraded. I am scared Adobe cs6 (legit at least) will stop working. And it's like a how much gig download!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachafer View Post
    Looked this over and I'm confused. I don't have the "Start Menu" tab in my properties window. o-o