Thread: Haven't played in a while. How has Neopets been?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    39d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Haven't played in a while. How has Neopets been?

Been a while since I last gave Neopets some thought (I was last here only to stalk a friend, heh). I tried looking for similar threads, but couldn't find anything recent/thorough enough to cover my questions ;__; I'm super tempted to return to Neo, but a little hesitant because of recent developments.

Below are the things I want to ask:

1) Is the game super inactive nowadays (or compared to 6 months ago)? I used enjoy lurking the AC, PC (for the drama, of course) and TC, like most people do. Basically, ded gaem?

2) How is the economy compared to roughly 6 months ago? How much are things like MSPPs, SuAPs, BGCs and other notable rare BD/stamp items? I am aware a dupe happened, but I'm not quite sure when exactly and how much of an impact it had (a lot, I would presume).

3) Is it relatively safe to buy inactive accounts from reputable users here? I am interested in buying a main (please don't PM me with any sales pitches) and would like to know whether or not the account will get iced immediately.

4) I see that many accounts have been hacked lately- is this a huge concern? Would regularly changing an account's PW, email address and PIN be a safe way of maintaining account security?

5) Is JumpStart still neglecting just about everything and everyone and destroying the game piece by piece? Is there no hope for salvation?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    honestly, the np wearable quality has risen alot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

athron (04-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    220/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    19d 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    1 ) the game is still pretty active lots of people still talk on the ac ( idk about the pc and tc tho i dont go there )

2 ) the dupe made mspps suaps and bgcs super cheap . last time i knew mspp was like 50mil . idk about stamps and bd stuff

3 ) buying inactive accounts from people here is really safe :- ) a lot of sellers are willing to help you secure it if you need help . my best advice is to slowly use the account ; like change the email and pass one day , do a little bit of dailies for a couple days , just wait a bit before moving items around and posting on the boards . i dont think caches are a thing you need to worry about any more

4 ) accounts get hacked very frequently and i think its best ( imo ) to change your pass weekly . i feel like as long as you're pretty low profile though you should be fine

5 ) yes

also daily dare is going on right now so thats a thing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vocaloid For This Useful Post:

athron (04-24-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Jumpstart will only freeze if someone reports you

Games picked up alittle bit of activity over the last few months

UC trade is slow as heck on the PC, lots of high end UCs get reversed.

Most hacked accounts are old ones, My newer accounts with PKDR ect haven't been touched

Daily dare is currently happening - Nice background being released

Economy is okay - will crash when the CC comes out again -Hoard the cheap r90's while you can-

PC has plenty of drama daily

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

athron (04-24-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    1 - Kinda inactive, but you'll still see a lot of people on the PC constantly trading, the boards are still kinda fast there (on the PC)

2 - Not sure since I don't resell or get involved in that area xD

3 - I would say check out the trade thread, you'll find many users selling c: there are also guides you can find in which can point you to the right direction when it comes to looking for a seller to buy things off

4 - Yes there's been a wave of people's accounts that have been hacked, I noticed this mainly on the PC, the usually culprit is a messed up user lookup with the code showing and the last seen being put on "Stealth!"

5 - Yeah JS hasn't been the greatest xD

Hope that sorta helps xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    39d 11h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Interesting, given that I was never a NeoCash fan and was always disappointed by the horrendous NP wearables (except for a few backgrounds).

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of the questions. I feel like the activity on Neo has gone up since I last visited over half a year ago, but I guess ultimately, there's no going back to the good old days. Maybe with summer vacation coming up, we'll see more players around? Or maybe not... I wouldn't mind making it a habit to change my security information once a week as long as I remain safe though.

Thanks for the info! I still remember how quick the boards were a couple years ago on the PC, but I'm sure things have slowed down tenfolds now. I'm not particularly worried about who I buy from right now, but more like what would happen afterwards. I just don't want to get hacked right after buying an account! I guess as long as I don't have a high-end UC or stay hush-hush from the PC, I should be okay.
    Last edited by Mayuri; 04-22-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    No worries! Yes probably best to just avoid the PC xD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosan View Post
    3) Is it relatively safe to buy inactive accounts from reputable users here? I am interested in buying a main (please don't PM me with any sales pitches) and would like to know whether or not the account will get iced immediately.
    Our trading rules have changed so that only inactive accounts/items/goods can be sold here nowadays, so your safety is much higher.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Mayuri (04-23-2016)