Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So my computer is fucked. Solutions?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

So my computer is fucked. Solutions?

As joe said , save all important files and do a full system wipe and reinstall windows (or whatever os you have )
    It will help just *make sure you save anything and everything that's important on another hdd or flash drive or dvd*!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You don't need to reinstall Windows...

Just download eset NOD32. It'll remove rootkits, adware, spyware, viruses, etc.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
    You don't need to reinstall Windows...

Just download eset NOD32. It'll remove rootkits, adware, spyware, viruses, etc.
    Many times an antivirus /cleaning utility program cannot clear all traces of the infection. The best thing to do is backup and reformat your drive.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Many times an antivirus /cleaning utility program cannot clear all traces of the infection. The best thing to do is backup and reformat your drive.
    Aside from FUD, NOD32 will clear all traces of all infections, all of the time (and keep them from coming back). I would bet a lot of money on it. I've been repairing computers for over ten years and I have only very rarely had to format a hard drive because of viruses, that is absolutely the last resort. If you can still boot into Windows (and sometimes even if you can't), you can fix it without formatting.
    Last edited by leptoon; 01-28-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    ^Wow, pay for NOD32?
    Best thing is common sense e-e & I agree with Joe (from personal experience...)
    If I'm not sure about something/something looks suspicious I just fire up an empty VM and test it there XD

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Aside from FUD, NOD32 will clear all traces of all infections, all of the time (and keep them from coming back). I would bet a lot of money on it. I've been repairing computers for over ten years and I have only very rarely had to format a hard drive because of viruses, that is absolutely the last resort. If you can still boot into Windows (and sometimes even if you can't), you can fix it without formatting.
    If you've been repairing computers for 10 years then you should know the mechanics of how an antivirus works. It uses a database full of definitions of what to look out for. No AV database is perfect so a new virus could be out there and infecting a pc, eset or any other av could also not have all of the proper information to clean a PC from a newer infection.

Reformatting is the best thing to do.

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    snip
    FUD means fully undetectable. Sure, there's lots of viruses that can't be eradicated by AV software.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    11d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    FUD means fully undetectable. Sure, there's lots of viruses that can't be eradicated by AV software.
    Actually, it depends on the crypter, many crypters are FUD, but after being scanned with something like Virustotal, it'll get on most popular's antivirus databases pretty quickly, Kaspersky is also a way better AV than NOD32, in my opinion avast is the best free one, though. Pair that up with an Anti-Malware and a little bit of common sense and you're golden.
    uuh.. if you need help w/ spanish-english & english-spanish translations, just shoot me a pm and i'll answer when I have time c:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Kaspersky is also a way better AV than NOD32, in my opinion avast is the best free one, though.
    Woooah hold the phone! Kaspersky is better than NOD32 and Avast is a good free AV? What are you smoking cause I want some of it! NOD32 is what my company has used for almost a year now and we would never consider using anything else.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Woooah hold the phone! Kaspersky is better than NOD32 and Avast is a good free AV? What are you smoking cause I want some of it! NOD32 is what my company has used for almost a year now and we would never consider using anything else.
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Free and uses very little CPU (I'd assume lower than any others with no ads or notifications unless it detects something) and with that said I have not had a virus in YEARS.

Ultimately each AV application uses their own database of definitions... I'm sure almost all of them are updated to the best all the time so you can definitely compare them with each other.

------------------------
    ------------------------