DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    It's not really a board game, more a card game, but I once played a game that I think was called Timeline and basically everybody got cards with various historical events and you had to place them all on a continually growing timeline. Starts out easy because you generally know where things land relative to each other with only a couple places to put them, but it gets tough fast!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Ooh I absolutely looooooove board games, they're def a staple hangout activity and when I go to conventions, hanging out in the table top room is one of my favorite things to do!

@(you need an account to see links) I LOVE Love Letter, after I was introduced to it I went through a phase where it was literally ALL I wanted to play ALL the time. 😂😅 Have you ever played the expansion version?

I similarly went through a phase like that for Werewords - I hate social deduction games like Werewolf/Mafia/Among Us but the word guessing portion of Werewords makes it really fun! I highly recommend this game, it's a quick and fun party game.

I would quote my all time favorite board game, however, as Lords of Waterdeep. It's a resource collecting + quest completion (for victory points) game based off of D&D flavor/lore and it's extremely fun (although I lose all the time, but I actually just suck at strategy games 🤷*♀️) honestly the most fun thing to do sometimes is to hoard a specific resource (which are finite in availability) just to screw over other players.

(not my pic)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023),Slowpoke (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Anyone ever played Kingsburg? I love that game although my all time favorite game is Discworld: Ankh-Morpork
    I am rather a big non classic boardgame lover

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork everyone takes a different personality with different goals and I think that makes it interesting... everyone has to do something different to win.
    Based on the Terry Pachet books it definitely also have interesting art and story backgrounds for every card that is played

I actually love
    Ticket to ride
    Avalon
    Carcasonne
    Catan
    Alahambra

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    My favourite board game is called Hues and Cues. I first played it with some friends at a local board game cafe and I absolutely loved it, so I bought a copy for myself immediately after!

The premise of the game is to guess the colour on the corresponding game board with minimal clues. The game board is a huge chart of colours with different letters and numbers that correspond to each colour. There are 480 colours on the board. Yep, you read that right! You have 3 game pieces: one to keep track of points (there is a tally at the top of the board) and the other two pieces are used to place your guesses for the colour that’s being described. There is a deck of cards that each has 4 colours with coordinates on it. The player picks one colour on the card and has to describe it in one word. However, you cannot use actually colour names as descriptions. It has to be either what is considered a tertiary colour or a word that emulates the colour you are describing. For example, if you pick a colour that say, is similar to a firetruck, you can say “firetruck” but you obviously can’t say “red”. You also cannot refer to an object in the room, you cannot reference to where on the board the colour is. and you cannot repeat a previously said cue. After the first “cue”, players place their first game piece on their guess. Each spot on the board can only be claimed once so be quick with your guess! After everyone places their first guess, another “cue” can be given, but this time the cue can have two words. This can be helpful if no one’s first guess was close to the colour on the card. Because you can use two words, you can get a bit more specific and creative! It’s also interesting to see how different people interpret colours based on cues they’re given. For example, if you said “sky” or “ocean” there is a huge variety of guesses that people could make because there are so many different types of colours the sky or the ocean could be!
    Now I realise I haven’t touched on the scoring aspect yet. In the box, there is a 3x3 square that is used to determine scoring. Any guess immediately on the outside of the square (so any of the spaces directly surrounding it) are worth 1 point. Any of the 8 colours inside of the square are worth 2 points. If your guess is dead on (which is the centre of the square and is only 1 colour), you get 3 points! It can be very tricky to get 3 points but I’ve able to do it many times! For the cue giver, any guesses inside of the scoring frame are worth 1 point each. Typically when I play, we play until someone reaches the max amount of points on the tally on the board!

The more you play this game, the more you try to decipher how similar yet very different colours are!

Here is a picture of the game board, so you have an idea of what I mean by there are a LOT of colours:

That sounds really interesting... I really want to check that out
    I love playing this game with family and friends. Especially because my husband and his father are both professionally Red Seal journeyman painters, so they know their colours and how to describe them VERY well 😂 I find that this game isn’t very well known, so I always recommend it to anyone and everyone!
    Last edited by phantasia; 06-12-2023 at 01:00 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Ooh I absolutely looooooove board games, they're def a staple hangout activity and when I go to conventions, hanging out in the table top room is one of my favorite things to do!

@<a href="https://clraik.com/forum/member.php?u=35996" target="_blank">billytiddles</a> I LOVE Love Letter, after I was introduced to it I went through a phase where it was literally ALL I wanted to play ALL the time. 😂😅 Have you ever played the expansion version?

I similarly went through a phase like that for Werewords - I hate social deduction games like Werewolf/Mafia/Among Us but the word guessing portion of Werewords makes it really fun! I highly recommend this game, it's a quick and fun party game.

I would quote my all time favorite board game, however, as Lords of Waterdeep. It's a resource collecting + quest completion (for victory points) game based off of D&D flavor/lore and it's extremely fun (although I lose all the time, but I actually just suck at strategy games 🤷*♀️) honestly the most fun thing to do sometimes is to hoard a specific resource (which are finite in availability) just to screw over other players.
    You mean this?!?

Expansion and Premium edition! The feel of the cards and sleeves in your hands is magical and they stop people from wrecking the cards as easily!

Lords of Waterdeep - I've never played it but I think Will Weston played it on Tabletop... That might be where I recognize it from. Not sure if you've checked out his series - he does a good job summarizing games and they do an edited playthrough. The Talisman games are like D&D but without the imagination part.

Edit: found the video

Last edited by billytiddles; 06-12-2023 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Triple post lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billytiddles For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-12-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by billytiddles View Post
    You mean this?!?

Expansion and Premium edition! The feel of the cards and sleeves in your hands is magical and they stop people from wrecking the cards as easily!

Lords of Waterdeep - I've never played it but I think Will Weston played it on Tabletop... That might be where I recognize it from. Not sure if you've checked out his series - he does a good job summarizing games and they do an edited playthrough. The Talisman games are like D&D but without the imagination part.

Edit: found the video

Yeeeeesssss and the giant cards with the really high quality art, it's so nice! We only have just the standard version but maybe one day we'll pick up the expansion. I also think it's really cute how they sell bulk sets for weddings to have at tables for guests to play! Really cute. But also in a pinch I've definitely played it just using regular playing cards since they all technically can be matched to a regular trump card's value. xD

Ooh sounds cool for picking up new games! But yes I highly recommend it

Also I don't recall if anyone else mentioned Splendor in this thread yet but another very fun and low entry level board game - again resource collecting to gain victory points but extremely simple to pick up and play ^^ plus just holding the coins and amassing them along with the pretty gem mines is just super fun lol. Yes I play games for aesthetics :3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (06-12-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    To me it is probably hero quest, I've spent way to many hours playing that with different people xD

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    For me I'd have to go with Monopoly. There was a good point in time where my cousins would come over to my house for 'cousin night' and we'd stay up all night playing Monopoly.

At first we'd start out by just hanging out and enjoying each others company, and then it eventually always led to playing Monopoly until 3am.
    I don't quite remember if we ever really finished playing through a game, but what I do remember is just being surrounded by family and just having a great time together.
    Now that we're all older, we rarely spend time together like we used to.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-12-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i believe this counts: (you need an account to see links)

so growing up after moving from thailand to america i was privileged enough to be apart of summer camp in my neighborhood.

it was to teach me further on english when i was younger but i had a group of camp counselors who listened to third eye blind, smashmouth etc and we played mancala

i have so many fond memories of playing this, listening to music from a cd player and trading pokemon cards.

fun times...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-12-2023),kittyray (06-12-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) omg I totally forgot about mancala... as a 90s kid it was super rampant when I was growing up and I would play (and lose) against my cousins lol. I do remember back when I played Subeta a lot in the early 2005s they had an online version of mancala you could play on site against an NPC! wow that is an absolute blast from the past haha.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-12-2023),Rebel_Minx (06-12-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I love Scrabble, Scattergories, and Candy Land the best! Also not really a board game, but Cards Against Humanity is so much fun as well. For my least favorite board game, I’m not a big fan of Monopoly.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-12-2023)