Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any good n00b stories?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Many, many incidents of people buying UCs accounts and heading to the boards instantly after buying. Some of them, not even clearing a broken html lookup.

On neo...

Back in like 2001, I somehow restocked a magical rainbow aisha plushie (I didn't even know what restocking was), and apparently it was one of the first on neopets. I put it in trades, and got my mail flooded with offers around 20mish (which was a lot more back then), and I finally decided to accept one. Right before I put it in auctions, I decided to play with it once..

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Aura (04-23-2015),Ban (04-23-2015),blastoise (04-24-2015),Dot (04-29-2015),Drizzy (04-23-2015),FallenFaerie (04-28-2015),Goten (04-24-2015),Kad (04-24-2015),Lyric (04-23-2015),Mama Bear (04-23-2015),Mindfang (04-23-2015),Sakuras (04-23-2015),Shizuku (04-23-2015),Snow (04-24-2015),zxzero (04-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Back when I first discovered the boards I was like....10. Obviously I probably was ass at spelling and stuff lol. But hey I thought I was a sneaky beaver dodging the 13 rule or whatever it was. So I was talking on a board to two friends and thought we were having a greatime (not my friends they were friends). I was really enjoying myself though they obviously probably thought me stupid and annoying so when they got the chance to troll me rudely they did. You know that catfish smiley? I thought it was the silliest looking thing ever when one of them posted it and I wanted to know how of course! Well they told me to type *dungfish* and that's how you do it. I tried like 4 times poor little innocent me.

Needless to say I hate that smiley now.
    Worst part is I didn't realize back then how rude this was. Its only now that I'm older and understand after that they were laughing at me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kayla For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (04-23-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Let's see... I made a thread announcing that I had just restocked (ab'ed) my first Draik Morphing Potion, it didn't take long until people started questioning the legitimacy of it all...
    I also got access once to a famous rich account, he was a BDer iirc, Kyodai (I think it was him, I don't remember exactly, but it was someone well-known in the forum and more experienced than me) from HB helped me move a lot of that guy's shit to shells and then we freezed the account, he warned me to use proxies but I didn't really listen and after about one or two days it was all gone, including my main with my uc royal draik []. I stopped playing Neo a few months later.

Mehh not really good but I thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Mat; 04-23-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 10h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I was such a n00b.
    I was around 9 when I first joined, and didn't know about "faking your age" to get access to certain places yet.
    So I spent all of my time creating accounts to make every single creating Neopet, my sisters did the same

Then I realized I could fake my age, but thought "what if they can tell I'm not 13 by the name of my account?" so to stop myself from freaking out I created an account with a "mature" sounding name. "queen" with a few numbers after it. lol.

I ruled the HC when I was 12. I pretended to have my shit together, and flaunted around acting like I was the hottest thing ever with my painted pets that I found in the pound. People bought it but I was totally full of it. Those accounts got CG'd and frozen for my protection, I never got them back.

Another thing that happened, after my ego sufficiently deflated, I worked really hard and built a great account (they were all Christmas pets, but I made the nps myself and was SUPER PROUD), but I was still desperate for more neopoints, and paint brushes, like any money-hungry 12 - 13 year old would be.
    I fell for one of those "GIVE ME YOUR PASSWORD, AND I'LL SEND YOU A PAINT BRUSH". It was the first time I cried over losing an account.

I forget when this one happened, but one of my sister's and I would share passwords and when she saw that I had an Anubis she threatened to steal it. So I changed my password, and the SECOND I logged out I forgot it. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing. At the time, none of us had our own emails and this was the time before there was a 5 account limit on emails. So ALL of our accounts were made on our mom's. There was no hope for me.

Those are my n00b stories :'D or at least all the ones I can think of. I probably have more lmao
    Last edited by Lazuli; 04-23-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I used to fall for those "GIVE ME YOUR PASSWORD AND I'LL GIVE YOU A FAERIE PAINT BRUSH" scams, and sent countless emails with said information to the people who claimed to be able to do it, but for some strange reason no one ever stole my account. I'm not sure what's funnier, that I was enough of an idiot to fall for that crap, or that the scammers themselves never actually got around to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I fell for someone offering a paint brush plushie on one of my tp lots back when offering those to trick people was cool. Went to my inventory to put it away and it was like, well fuck. It wasn' t like one of those too good to be true kinda things either so I wasnt paying attention. Stupid.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    When I was in 4th grade I thought I could get away with stealing Lupe art from deviantart and passing it on as my own in the BC by putting my username on it in MS Paint and saving it as a JPG...
    yeah I got iced.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    45d 4h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    When I was in elementary, I didnt have an email so I played on this dudes account who gave me his pw. I sat there all day getting peach snowballs from the money tree and bidding on junk auctions until he finally decided to change his pw. Lmao

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    Raiding tons of active and putting all the stuff on the same account quickly. My Main. lul
    Did you get frozen?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    When I was like 14, I had my volume full blast and was abing. Of course I was browsing the web at the time, so when it bought something.... That random face that popped up and that rap beat echoed throughout my house, and lemme tell you, THAT SCARED THE FUCKING SHIT OUTTA ME. LOL.

I was like "what. the. fuck. Did I just get hacked?" Then I realized it was the aber...