Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by krummris View Post
    My wekly changed, yesterday was 30k, today is 100k
    I heard that if you don’t do your dailies then your weekly changes.
    Had a shell that had a broken quest page where I only had one daily and it got swapped to a TMT today whereas it had an empty reward for weekly yesterday.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
    I heard that if you don’t do your dailies then your weekly changes.
    Had a shell that had a broken quest page where I only had one daily and it got swapped to a TMT today whereas it had an empty reward for weekly yesterday.
    but i did
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'd agree with the prize pools and it kind of proves my point. When everybody can get something, nobody wants it. This most recent event could have gotten you an istaff and those sold quite easily for 15m in the beginning, haven't been tracking them for a few days now. Eventually the items given out get flooded into the market and nobody wants them, they want other items that they don't have.

I think we can only use the botting as the excuse for so long. Does botting have the advantage on restocking - absolutely. Are autobuyers anything new - not by a long shot. It's just that the person who is doing it now is doing it on a much bigger scale. The luck and effort doesn't appeal to most people because they want that instant gratification. They want everything without putting in the effort to get it. Sure some of the stamp avatars are cool, but once everyone has them, they will just want the new one and be mad that a handful of people have it and they don't. Of course I'm saying all this from my perspective and an illegit side of things - but hey, everyone has that option too. The main problem with neo is there aren't many middle of the road items. There are items that are SUPER cheap and there are items that are SUPER expensive. How to bridge that gap, I don't have a 100% solid answer, but deflating any item that has value seems like a terrible way to do it to me.
    I feel like they had the answer years ago with Lenny Conundrum and similar contests. Re-releasing a small scale of super high value items back into the economy through engagement-based activities. Still hard to get and a big achievement if done, but actually obtainable. Do this with multiple contests that require different skill sets, and you’ve taken a massive step towards fixing the economy and reviving the community.

I really don’t think it’s as hard as everyone seems to think. No other game struggles as much with its economy as Neopets does. TNT just don’t have the ability to pull it off (might be a then problem, might be a resource/capacity problem, idk)

was that worth it?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxe For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-25-2023),nousha (10-26-2023),♥ Vee ♥ (10-25-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I don’t think it will ruin the economy, but I think it will definitely change it. Stamp avatars and high end BD weapons used to actually mark progress and how much time and effort people put into the game. Granted some people got lucky and have been around long enough to see their stuff jump up in price like crazy, but there are still ways to earn tons of NPs. The events like the AC usually give great prizes for the top spot that can be sold for tens of millions. Having high end stamps and weapons that are not affordable to every single user is a good thing. Gives people something to work towards and lets us have goals. If everybody had all the stamp avs and a killer BD set.. what’s the point? Everybody doesn’t have to have what everybody else has for it to be fair.

I don’t see it as gatekeeping at all. For the people who worked hard to earn their stuff, then have one event come out and cut your net worth down by 90% is wild, and a little disheartening I’d imagine.
    I guess the definitions are a little bit different. Maybe I can elaborate on this.

When I worked hard for my stuff, what I feel in achievement shouldn't have to depend on how hard it is for others to get. I, myself, have saved up millions to purchase some stamps for avatars - for example the Scowling Sloth Coin, where I paid roughly 110m for it, and its pricing of 10m today. Yeah, that sucks. But it's already over since I've albumed it and gotten my avatar.

There's no "net worth" anymore since it's achieved. Same with getting pets painted, having them dressed up, collecting cards etc.

The people that do feel it are people who purchase in order to resell, be it for future worth. Isn't that essentially... gatekeeping? For the sake of your own personal profit, you're ensuring that the price continues to increase due to limited supply and others have to work even harder than you did to purchase it to get what you already have.

I'm sorry but I do not have much sympathy. You paid a certain price to get something at that point in time. What it's worth in future shouldn't have an impact on your said achievements. When you already achieved something, but you make it a point to ensure that the future generations take a longer time to achieve it or to even go as far as to block them from getting it, then I'd consider that gatekeeping.

I'd agree with you that it's disheartening, and especially for people who make some side money selling old rare items, inflated items, the works. It's disheartening, but my point made in my first post is that the people that lost their money-making scheme is salty. And that is fact.

Am I disheartened that my once expensive achievement is now cheap? Yes, of course. Since I spent way more time/money getting it than the people do now. However, I am not sad that it's progressing because it'll mean that more people will be able to achieve it in future.

Am I salty that the items that I got expensively in the past are now cheap/easy to get? No, because I was not trying to make a profit off others whose only fault was to be late to the game or not around.

I'm all for having goals, but goals shouldn't require taking years upon years to save up just to buy. There are so many stamp avatars available, and the fact that it takes more than a year to get 1 stamp album is just insane to me. Name me a game out there that takes years upon years to complete all available achievements and maybe I'll start thinking that gatekeepers are a sensible thing to have in a game.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

aeroria (10-25-2023),Autobot (10-25-2023),♥ Blissey ♥ (10-25-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (10-25-2023),Halloqueenie (10-25-2023),I_royalty_I (10-25-2023),Ice (10-25-2023),nousha (10-26-2023),Null_user (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by foxe View Post
    I feel like they had the answer years ago with Lenny Conundrum and similar contests. Re-releasing a small scale of super high value items back into the economy through engagement-based activities. Still hard to get and a big achievement if done, but actually obtainable. Do this with multiple contests that require different skill sets, and you’ve taken a massive step towards fixing the economy and reviving the community.

I really don’t think it’s as hard as everyone seems to think. No other game struggles as much with its economy as Neopets does. TNT just don’t have the ability to pull it off (might be a then problem, might be a resource/capacity problem, idk)
    I'd definitely be more okay with something like that introducing items back into the economy. At least that's something that can't easily be botted if it takes more effort than a few clicks or just automated tasks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    I guess the definitions are a little bit different. Maybe I can elaborate on this.

When I worked hard for my stuff, what I feel in achievement shouldn't have to depend on how hard it is for others to get. I, myself, have saved up millions to purchase some stamps for avatars - for example the Scowling Sloth Coin, where I paid roughly 110m for it, and its pricing of 10m today. Yeah, that sucks. But it's already over since I've albumed it and gotten my avatar.

There's no "net worth" anymore since it's achieved. Same with getting pets painted, having them dressed up, collecting cards etc.

The people that do feel it are people who purchase in order to resell, be it for future worth. Isn't that essentially... gatekeeping? For the sake of your own personal profit, you're ensuring that the price continues to increase due to limited supply and others have to work even harder than you did to purchase it to get what you already have.

I'm sorry but I do not have much sympathy. You paid a certain price to get something at that point in time. What it's worth in future shouldn't have an impact on your said achievements. When you already achieved something, but you make it a point to ensure that the future generations take a longer time to achieve it or to even go as far as to block them from getting it, then I'd consider that gatekeeping.

I'd agree with you that it's disheartening, and especially for people who make some side money selling old rare items, inflated items, the works. It's disheartening, but my point made in my first post is that the people that lost their money-making scheme is salty. And that is fact.

Am I disheartened that my once expensive achievement is now cheap? Yes, of course. Since I spent way more time/money getting it than the people do now. However, I am not sad that it's progressing because it'll mean that more people will be able to achieve it in future.

Am I salty that the items that I got expensively in the past are now cheap/easy to get? No, because I was not trying to make a profit off others whose only fault was to be late to the game or not around.

I'm all for having goals, but goals shouldn't require taking years upon years to save up just to buy. There are so many stamp avatars available, and the fact that it takes more than a year to get 1 stamp album is just insane to me. Name me a game out there that takes years upon years to complete all available achievements and maybe I'll start thinking that gatekeepers are a sensible thing to have in a game.
    I can definitely understand your views, mine are just a little different - and that's totally cool with me!

I'll play devils advocate. Let's assume not everyone is out to get each other and the people who are trying to maintain the value of their items are simply doing what you did and working towards other goals. Maybe they are trying to push the price up a little more in hopes that it will sell and they can then turn around and buy another item to album so that they can achieve their goals that they worked towards. But now, their 100-200m stamp is worth 5-10m and the item they were saving for is still in the 300-400m range. That just set them back who knows how long, all so other people who didn't get as lucky or put in as much work as they did, could have the items they want. That may be an extreme example or it may be closer to accurate than we know - it's impossible to say.

There really is no pleasing everything and that right right is a fact we can ALLLLL agree on.

I'll also say that this change doesn't impact me personally at all. I really don't care too much because I don't play the game like most people do and I'm not worried about myself. But for the people who do, who I interact with on the site, I'm sure there will be some very mixed opinions. I think there is a right way and a wrong way to introduce rare/expensive items into the game. Feeding a pet, playing a game, grooming a pet, etc and being rewarded with high end items is silly. It also makes me chuckle a bit how people are saying things like "Oh my weekly prize is a 100m item!" - but they don't realize they probably aren't the only ones. So once they get that prize and go to sell it for other goals, it may have already dropped to 5m and they will be disappointed all over again.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-25-2023),Unown (10-25-2023),♥ Vee ♥ (10-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    134 times
    Time Online
    30d 22h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Just got a Hanso Charisma Charm and some R99 items for doing simple daily tasks, its wild out there

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    15d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    With that amount of r99-r101 released, what items are the best as a haven of value? I'm thinking about having shells with more neopoints.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by VegaPunk View Post
    With that amount of r99-r101 released, what items are the best as a haven of value? I'm thinking about having shells with more neopoints.
    You can't really say at the moment, no one knows what they'll release next

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by VegaPunk View Post
    Id say holding pure is as safe of a bet as you can make right now. Stack that bank account.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    These new dailies are great.

I'm excited to have dailies to my dailies.