127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

another shooting in America ah? Rant

sad days but then again from my Aussie point of view just seems like 'another day another shooting' in "best country on earth" or so maybe people put it! I don't know about that but i wont be going over there anytime soon even if they happen to give me a AR to protect myself coming off the plane. just a rant anyways.....

Not sure if it was on the new or anything.

a stat site i found and is the main reason ill likely never go to America. (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Only reason I'd ever own a gun is for self defense, here in the city I live in Texas the crime rate has shot thru the roof. So many robberies and misc. Crime due to the downfall of the barrel of oil. It's a scary feeling.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Maybe it's time for legislators to realize we need to change our laws if we want anything to change. Those against anti-gun laws piss me off. You think passing gun laws won't help? What will then? Doing nothing?
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-04-2016),Foxglove (07-04-2016),Ghosts (07-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/3
    Mentioned
    451 times
    Time Online
    187d 15h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    Maybe it's time for legislators to realize we need to change our laws if we want anything to change. Those against anti-gun laws piss me off. You think passing gun laws won't help? What will then? Doing nothing?
    Exactly. Look at almost any other developed country and you'll see that banning guns works.
    The worst is when people say stuff like "the criminals will find a way to buy guns anyways." Sure, maybe some of the huge criminals will have the connections to buy them illegally, but 99.99% of people don't. I live in Canada and I have no fucking clue where I'd even begin looking if I wanted a gun. It's just so stupid.

Selling everything - PM me what you're looking for!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghosts For This Useful Post:

Aura (07-04-2016),Cath (07-04-2016),Cub (07-04-2016),Urbex (07-04-2016)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Wow, I had no idea it was that bad, that's so scary. At least one mass shooting nearly every day :x

I've always liked the idea of passing more anti-gun laws/making it more difficult to obtain guns (especially being born and raised in liberal beach-side Los Angeles), but there are a ton of people out there who are extremely firm in their demand for guns and really don't want things to change (*edit: don't want things to change as far as access to guns go, I hope I can say without challenge that people generally DO want the mass shooting rates to go down)

Edit #2: Oh my god why did I look into the mass shootings more? There are links to articles about each shooting in the news, I've read a few by now and they're all just so heart-breaking. Just finished reading about a man who shot and killed his wife after chasing her by car and then through a Walgreen's parking lot, and also shot and murdered their 3 young children and then killed himself. Terrible.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 07-04-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Well I think everyone knows where I stand on gun laws. I don't believe banning them would work here with how many production firearms are on the black market at this point. We're beyond help. The only thing that would be effective would be an ammunition ban. I carry a Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol on my hip every time I step out of my door, and I would have no problem taking out an attacker and putting myself in harms way to do so. I know the risk with carrying a firearm, and I'm ready to die to protect anyone, every single day of my life, for the good of everyone else. I carry openly as well, instead of concealed, so you know I have it on me when I walk by. It puts me as a first target if someone wants to go on a shooting rampage, but I accept the risk and am prepared to defend myself if that situation were to arise. The only thing making guns harder to get in America will do, will be more shootings.

That being said, this country is fucked. There's nothing, other than previously stated (ban on ammunition), that will help our problems. When I was 13 years old, I was offered a black market "burner" (illegal gun that has been used in murders), so it isn't hard to find in any way. Obviously I didn't take the offer, because I'm not an idiot, but it wouldn't be hard for me to walk down the street in Minneapolis and find 25 people selling black market guns.

And this country is not the greatest country in the world.

(you need an account to see links)

This video is amazing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts View Post
    Exactly. Look at almost any other developed country and you'll see that banning guns works.
    The worst is when people say stuff like "the criminals will find a way to buy guns anyways."
    Both sides of the aisle use this argument, whether in the form of "criminals will find a way to buy guns anyway," "women will find a way to get abortions anyway," or in one of its many other forms. And then both sides promptly tear apart the other's argument without realizing it has the same [poor] structure as some of their own. If we could all start using our heads, actually do some independent critical thinking [and maybe take a logic class or two], and set aside our pride, then maybe we'd get somewhere as a collective body of citizens pushing for action.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by starlin View Post
    Both sides of the aisle use this argument, whether in the form of "criminals will find a way to buy guns anyway," "women will find a way to get abortions anyway," or in one of its many other forms. And then both sides promptly tear apart the other's argument without realizing it has the same [poor] structure as some of their own. If we could all start using our heads, actually do some independent critical thinking [and maybe take a logic class or two], and set aside our pride, then maybe we'd get somewhere as a collective body of citizens pushing for action.

Agreed. Both sides of the argument have become so convoluted and misconstrued, that it's become just a pissing match between republicans and democrats.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    im so glad europe doesnt have gun laws, thats all im gonna say about it

as in, we arent allowed to keep/carry guns here where i live

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    And this country is not the greatest country in the world.

(you need an account to see links)

This video is amazing.
    That video actually makes me laugh 'cause the statistics mentioned in there are not accurate Regardless, I wouldn't say the US is the greatest country in the world because that's completely subjective, and therefore, no nation is the "greatest." However, I would say that militarily the US is the "most powerful," making it capable of many great things. But overall, it's impossible for any nation to be #1. The US is still a superpower, and it still has a massive impact on the world. The US, Russia, and China are the only three nations on the same platform regarding might. The UK, Australia, Germany, and France are other players, but they wouldn't stand a chance. However, again, that's only one avenue, and I enjoyed that video 'cause like it says, many nations have "freedom" in some form.

As for gun laws, I will always be open to anyone having the right to bear arms in the US. The only stricter laws I would support would be a more thorough background investigation and firearm safety course in order to deem the citizen competent to utilize a gun properly.