15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    So you're mad that the capitalism simulator is working as intended? I have a high-value account with UCs, stamp collections, and so on. I've been around since 2002. Give zero shits about any of it losing 'value'. It's a virtual pet site that only exists today because of nostalgic millennials who don't know how to move on. Anything to ruin this game's bizarre 'rarity' driven economy is a good thing. Hardly expect people of clraik to agree with that though, given the nature of this forum. Still hilarious.
    Idk why you're acting so morally superior here. There's always gonna be 'rarity' on neopets - this put barely a dent into it. I agree that UCs were way too unattainable. I'm fine with them being accessible, it's the way they did it I don't agree with. Part of the fun of this site is working to get the stuff you want. The irony of the 'capitalism simulator' as you call it is now it actually functions on real money instead of fake money. So yeah, it's more capitalistic than ever.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

billions (01-27-2024),Bioluminescence (01-27-2024),birdies (01-29-2024),DarkSkies (01-28-2024),Ice (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    Idk why you're acting so morally superior here. There's always gonna be 'rarity' on neopets - this put barely a dent into it. I agree that UCs were way too unattainable. I'm fine with them being accessible, it's the way they did it I don't agree with. Part of the fun of this site is working to get the stuff you want. The irony of the 'capitalism simulator' as you call it is now it actually functions on real money instead of fake money. So yeah, it's more capitalistic than ever.
    I have a feeling this person will realize why rarity and obtainability need to have a very fine balance to peak users interest enough to stay. I love that they are more accessible but what happens when the excitement of the token situation calms down? Users will realize they have a major part of the site keeping them entertained made so readily available. It's fun now sure, but now the joy of getting something so easily obtained will be short lived. The light will be shone on the 100s of broken flash games, glitched and missing NC items, a barely functioning battledome and currencies still not able to be traded within each other. Not to mention the non-updated parts of the site and the still rampant inflation of np items. I see hope for the future but let's see if TNT puts effort into the parts of the site that don't make immediate income.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

billions (01-27-2024),birdies (01-29-2024),Ice (01-27-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    I have a feeling this person will realize why rarity and obtainability need to have a very fine balance to peak users interest enough to stay. I love that they are more accessible but what happens when the excitement of the token situation calms down? Users will realize they have a major part of the site keeping them entertained made so readily available. It's fun now sure, but now the joy of getting something so easily obtained will be short lived. The light will be shone on the 100s of broken flash games, glitched and missing NC items, a barely functioning battledome and currencies still not able to be traded within each other. Not to mention the non-updated parts of the site and the still rampant inflation of np items. I see hope for the future but let's see if TNT puts effort into the parts of the site that don't make immediate income.
    Yeah, those are my feelings exactly. I didn't word it very well but what I meant was there will always be 'rare' items, so where does it end? Now there's talk of another purge so people can get rare names, or even a way to change your pet's visible name. Some things on neopets are astronomically hard to get - that I can agree with. But maybe TNT should instead focus their efforts on making the game feel more balanced so that people feel like there's something to work towards and stay interested. I wish you still needed PBs to get these new UC colours because at least that would be SOMETHING to work towards instead of just dishing out a few dollars.

I can understand why people feel like it's impossible to get their dreamies or w/e, but if that's the case maybe we need to figure out why that's happening and work on balancing the game instead of just giving people UCs to make them feel better.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

Bioluminescence (01-27-2024),birdies (01-29-2024),Charizard (01-27-2024),Ice (01-27-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    Yeah, those are my feelings exactly. I didn't word it very well but what I meant was there will always be 'rare' items, so where does it end? Now there's talk of another purge so people can get rare names, or even a way to change your pet's visible name. Some things on neopets are astronomically hard to get - that I can agree with. But maybe TNT should instead focus their efforts on making the game feel more balanced so that people feel like there's something to work towards and stay interested. I wish you still needed PBs to get these new UC colours because at least that would be SOMETHING to work towards instead of just dishing out a few dollars.

I can understand why people feel like it's impossible to get their dreamies or w/e, but if that's the case maybe we need to figure out why that's happening and work on balancing the game instead of just giving people UCs to make them feel better.
    I don't expect TNT to do anything other than what's making them money. They are a corporation. They need increasing quarterly profit margins to grow and be defined as a healthy company. What makes them profit? High user engagement. What is giving them a spike in user engagement? Taking a sledgehammer to stuff people do or consider valuable on the site. It's definitely gotten them way more attention than site plots or new pet colors.

Doing this over and over (while including some revenue generating schemes along the way, like NC UCs) will buy them time to try and get their userbase interested in some other thing they come up with. In a perfect world for TNT, all of us would have been chomping at the bit for NFT crap back when they tried that. But I don't see this story ending in any way other than TNT smashing the site to pieces, like a kid gradually wrecking grandma's old mansion he inherited on Tiktok because it gets him views.

Plus even if they fail to find that silver bullet and just destroy the site, they can re-sell it as has been the case before. The little green line on the graph going up for years will get some oblivious conglomerate to bite.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-27-2024),birdies (01-29-2024),Sakuras (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Plus even if they fail to find that silver bullet and just destroy the site, they can re-sell it as has been the case before. The little green line on the graph going up for years will get some oblivious conglomerate to bite.
    Sure, and I can understand why they made the UC thing cost real money. They need to survive. But I'm already seeing that everyone has the same pets on the boards now, so the novelty is gonna wear off real quick. They should've put in a couple extra steps at least.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-29-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    We have taken Neo for granted and demonized/complained about TNT for years, along with profiting off them with the black market and UCs...

There's a saying that goes "even a worm will turn"

Theyre in their "f*ck you pay me" phase

u 'mirin?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Baklava (01-27-2024),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-31-2024),Pringle (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-27-2024),Vis (01-27-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    wrong thread. oops please delete
    Last edited by Baklava; 01-28-2024 at 04:52 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    So you're mad that the capitalism simulator is working as intended? I have a high-value account with UCs, stamp collections, and so on. I've been around since 2002. Give zero shits about any of it losing 'value'. It's a virtual pet site that only exists today because of nostalgic millennials who don't know how to move on. Anything to ruin this game's bizarre 'rarity' driven economy is a good thing. Hardly expect people of clraik to agree with that though, given the nature of this forum. Still hilarious.
    Im not going to dive into the whole “capitalism” mentality there. It’s a game. Am I mad that I won’t be able to sell things like I used to? Absolutely! Do you not care because we are not in the same shoes, like I mentioned? Absolutely! Different situations, different mindsets. You’re entitled to feel that way but I don’t agree.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

15. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (01-28-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    36d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Did anyone noticed that when you put the "nostalgic" the pet lookup still saying the specie and the colour your pet was/were before you make the stylist

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTwo View Post
    Did anyone noticed that when you put the "nostalgic" the pet lookup still saying the specie and the colour your pet was/were before you make the stylist
    If I'm understanding you right, that's intentional. This is a skin, not an actual paint/recolor.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-28-2024),ZeroTwo (01-27-2024)