Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Should there be a price limit on UCs?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindictive View Post
    Lets bring the gambles back i vote yes. It was actually exciting to see people go crazy with buying gambles. The Neo trade section has been slow lately imo.
    Andrew is in the process of getting together something to help value UCs better, and @(you need an account to see links) is looking to update his guide once againt to fit the current market so lets not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    The reason I started the gambling services in the first place was because product moved so incredibly slowly when given prices which did not warrant angry messages on accounts of how low they were.

I have a feeling this problem is more of a very high supply and dwindling demand problem, rather than a Tablo ruined the market with a service that lasted around 3 weeks problem.

For that problem I place the blame on the lovely
    contributors on pcol and Jump "whats a rollback?" start.
    Maybe it moved slow for you because you never established yourself as a seller.
    And rather than sticking it out and reselling like you were meant to, you set up a gamble that pretty much undermined the value of every UC pet.
    You think UC's are the only aspect of the market which has a very high supply? Oh dear lord whatever does that mean for pure/ets which is never ending?
    Should we just start selling neopoints for 10c/mill?

So let's break this down, real simple for everyone.
    Yes there are not enough buyers and too many sellers.
    But that wasn't always the problem.
    This is where you come in and fuck things up.
    You buy large pet lists.
    You flood the market so all the people who were buying UCs at proper prices now have, for the most part, shit UC's they DON'T want.
    Those people then resell their 'gamble' at basement prices because they have no use for it.
    The new people then buying those UCs don't pay the price that has become the norm for the last two years.
    Set's a new trend with EVERYONE lowering their UC prices because you flooded this forums market with UCs.
    High end UCs which sold sporadically for $300 are now selling for $100.
    Yes they didn't sell often, but they still sold.
    This in turn lowers the value of all the other UCs because why would anyone buy a Faerie Xwee for $60 when they can just grab a Faerie Draik for $100.
    Think about it.

Bettser is too polite to tell you otherwise but for the most part the blame lies on you for buying large pet lists then flooding the market with ucs, and immediately fucking off the second you couldn't rub two pennys together.
    Their are others who are obviously responsible but they're smart enough to not post on this thread and feign ignorance, unlike you.
    So now we're probably going to have set prices for UCs and regulate them.
    Thanks for ruining it for everyone.
    And lol wtf does the dupe week/JS not doing a rollback have to do with UCs?

And no @(you need an account to see links), no more gambles just like there are no more auctions.
    People abuse them and it affects everyone who sells on this forum.
    Tablo came and did his bit, fucked the market and left. He's not selling anymore.
    And now we're left to pick up the pieces.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Bettser (11-11-2014),Miri (11-12-2014),pollysaid (11-12-2014),snappedxtiara (11-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    @(you need an account to see links) preach brother, preach!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I think we all are a little bit to blame. It's not one set person than another. I've been seeing people with lots of pets lately to sell, and I know I reduced prices on my UC's for a one week sale, but that was because shit was already stale. I come back and try and sell off high end UC's after a month or so of not even bumping a thread on ck.

I look around and I see plenty others having their UC's discounted far below the guide level. Others of top selling stature that is.
    Then I look around and I see attempts of monopolizing the market, with those UC's discounted below the guide price as well. (taken into consideration their names)

So no there is no one to blame here but ourselves, us as top ranked sellers have failed ourselves. We did it to our selves letting things get out of control with the amount of UC's we let go into circulation. I mean theoretically where do we even get these UC's. I think it should have stayed with private lists then to go public with selling pet lists. Because that truly put a lot of UC's in a ton of peoples hands who dont really care about regulation or the consequences of what they do.
    They have nothing else to lose, but 40 bucks to gain.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I think we all are a little bit to blame. It's not one set person than another. I've been seeing people with lots of pets lately to sell, and I know I reduced prices on my UC's for a one week sale, but that was because shit was already stale. I come back and try and sell off high end UC's after a month or so of not even bumping a thread on ck.

I look around and I see plenty others having their UC's discounted far below the guide level. Others of top selling stature that is.
    Then I look around and I see attempts of monopolizing the market, with those UC's discounted below the guide price as well. (taken into consideration their names)

So no there is no one to blame here but ourselves, us as top ranked sellers have failed ourselves. We did it to our selves letting things get out of control with the amount of UC's we let go into circulation. I mean theoretically where do we even get these UC's. I think it should have stayed with private lists then to go public with selling pet lists. Because that truly put a lot of UC's in a ton of peoples hands who dont really care about regulation or the consequences of what they do.
    They have nothing else to lose, but 40 bucks to gain.
    Didnt you start gambling UCs too? Or was that Ghosts? Either way, arent you selling together? One of you picked up right where Tablo left up on the gambles further killing the UC market. Dont blame the people who actually price their UCs normally, and others price their UCs now below the guide because 1) its slightly outdated , 2) they HAVE to due to a flooded market (see ryans post)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Didnt you start gambling UCs too? Or was that Ghosts? Either way, arent you selling together? One of you picked up right where Tablo left up on the gambles further killing the UC market. Dont blame the people who actually price their UCs normally, and others price their UCs now below the guide because 1) its slightly outdated , 2) they HAVE to due to a flooded market (see ryans post)
    Hey kevin, you should point your finger at yourself.
    Go check your thread. Look at your UC plushie chia, 225
    thats way below guide price? what like 30%

like i said we are all to blame lets not be hypocritcal.
    And we sold maybe 2-4 gambles. So you should back off, I thought about this. and its no ones fault but everyone in the top selling tier. we all are to blame

Maybe we wouldnt have to do such things if people werent trying to monopolize the market either. Like i said the UC market was already stale. We do something different and now its our fault.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Hey kevin, you should point your finger at yourself.
    Go check your thread. Look at your UC plushie chia, 225
    thats way below guide price? what like 30%

like i said we are all to blame lets not be hypocritcal.
    And we sold maybe 2-4 gambles. So you should back off, I thought about this. and its no ones fault but everyone in the top selling tier. we all are to blame
    Re-read my post thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Re-read my post thanks.
    Do you really think 4 weeks (ours and tablos gambling) killed the market? In 4 weeks kevin.. its been dead.

Your not helping any either, and neither is your partner. What do you think people do when they buy those pet lists and get that UC that they get to pick out?
    Well obviously they are gonna go sell the rest of them :')

Its basic economics hombre

Not to mention you've been pricing your UC's below price guide before Tablo was even around.

So idk what your trying to say? other than that your being hypocritcal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Do you really think 4 weeks (ours and tablos gambling) killed the market? In 4 weeks kevin.. its been dead.

Your not helping any either, and neither is your partner. What do you think people do when they buy those pet lists and get that UC that they get to pick out?
    Well obviously they are gonna go sell the rest of them :')

Its basic economics hombre
    Again, they started after tablo to survive in the market. You guys directly stated you were taking over where tablo left off with the gambles.

I've voiced my concerns about those packs also^^ Im pretty sure they aren't even selling now. I know for a fact Kat isn't on forum.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Again, they started after tablo to survive in the market. You guys directly stated you were taking over where tablo left off with the gambles.

I've voiced my concerns about those packs also^^ Im pretty sure they aren't even selling now. I know for a fact Kat isn't on forum.
    Okay so after the fact a couple of them have been sold that's what a least 100+ new pets in a few peoples possessions.

How can you be so ignorant to think that Gambling UC's is what killed the market....
    How did Tablo even get those pets? Why wasn't it stopped before he got more of those pets?

Like i said theres no one to blame but ourselves.
    So you can sit here and point fingers like a jackass, but all your doing is proving yourself to not take responsibility for things you have taken part of as well.

I'm not saying tablo, myself, you, andrew, and kat are innocent. But seriously you gonna try and point at everyone else but yourself?
    Fucking pathetic, go fix your thread you got "unfairly priced UC's", jackass.