Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase restrictions.

23 57.50%
  • Decrease restrictions.

5 12.50%
  • Maintain current restrictions.

8 20.00%
  • Who gives a fuck, it's not my problem.

3 7.50%
  • other

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    This is even a stupid question, no offense.

Yes, USA has to increase the requeriments.

Andrew, you said something very assertive, but I'm also against some of what you said.
    "The guns are not the problem, the people are the problem."

In fact yeah, guns aren't the problem. The people is the problem.

The problem here is, weapons are going to people that CAN'T control them. It would be nice if people just had them to keep their safety, but no. They're using it to make violence, to kill childrens, to kill OTHER AMERICANS. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why you'd kill your brothers? They're people from your country, why you'd kill them? Where is your patriotism? That's not nice at all. That's called terrorism.

Everyday I watch the news at TV I hear "Another gunfire at the USA". I thought my country had a violent title with so many drugs and carteles, but honestly I don't think it deserves that title anymore. At least here we can't access to the weapons that easy, and around 70-80% of the people who has a gun, they bought it on the USA. And mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason. We aren't that crazy psychologically.

Andrew, your "chinese" point is invalid. As I said, we don't have guns at Mexico. And being a disarmed population won't make USA, China or another country invade us.

There are another times. There are pacific times.

Your problem is an inside problem that comes from the bottom. If USA keeps making violence on another countries, there will eventually violence inside the country. Because USA is a violent country in every single aspect. Iran? Irak? Those unneeded wars freak out the minds on your town. Your childrens will grow knowing that killing others with an excuse is alright. And eventually those childrens will kill other americans, because it's alright.

Also videogames... 6/10 games are gun-related. USA has one of the biggest game market and players. This bring us to my previous point. Killing others is alright.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Maybe adding a psychological exam to all the nuclear family.
    Because we've seen people shooting with a gun that isn't of their own.

My "chinese" point of view? lol
    Really though?
    I'm not sure I understood you right. You said I was right that the guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
    Then you said I was a terrorist for saying that?

I'm not condoning killing people, and I'm not condoning using guns for unnecessary violence either.
    I'm saying that there are tons of people who own guns, millions and millions. They use them for various reasons. Many have them around for protection, should they ever need them. Some have them around to hurt, some have them around just to collect even.

You might watch the news and hear of a shooting here or there (probably Chicago), but you don't hear the stories where guns saved peoples lives, or prevented crimes.
    The news is very biased, they put the bad news up there. They don't put how the group of kids tried to rob the grocery store, but were scared off when the old man behind the counter pulled out his shotgun to scare them off. Or the woman who was attacked in the alley, but pulled out her handgun to scare off her attacker. Stories like these are overlooked.

"Mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason"
    "You childrens will grow knowing that killing others with and excuse is alright"

So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this.

Iran and Iraq? That's too long of a story, I can't really even jump into that right now.
    But Mexico isn't all innocent. Mexico is full of drugs, and gangs, and violence.
    The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose.

And video games don't make kids violent. I mean sure... if all you do is sit home and play games all day every day, you might get your mind a little twisted and think that is real life. But I have played games that had killing in them my whole life, I'm not going to snap and go on a rampage.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

coolasta (05-08-2013),Lilac Tentacles (02-02-2013),Toasted (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so!
    Absolutely agree. Everyone has a bad day but not everyone has the tendency to commit a crime while in those bad moods. The only way to successfully put people into "having a bad day" and "a danger to society" is to have a psych evaluation done....figure out how that individual person is and acts on an individual basis. Ignoring the massive and completely absurd amount of time and money that idea would take there is also the issue of people being completely terrified and paranoid of doctors and psychology in general as well as the concept of being told to do something that they may not want to do. I do not see any other way of sorting out who is and is not a danger or possible danger to society, and that hypothetical idea is just that a hypothetical situation that will never occur.

If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.
    Maybe the solution is not gun control but finding a way to avoid the paranoia of being threatened in some way that requires one to be in possession of a firearm. I can walk down streets here at 2 in the morning if I wanted and not be concerned about being jumped, I can leave my doors to my home unlocked if I wanted and not worry about someone breaking in, I am not concerned about being in a public place and someone walking in and shooting up the place. That does not seem to be the case in a lot of American cities. If people are so scared and concerned about walking down their own street or sleeping in their homes that they need to keep a firearm around them at all times then there is something wrong. Yes there is crime and yes unfortunate situations arise but that is reality and it is not going anywhere, but if it is so bad that one is constantly on alert then that needs to be addressed. To address a revamp of less crime in society is another massive and incomprehensible undertaking but if the route problem is in the problems of crime then maybe it is something to look into.

@(you need an account to see links)

Good job on your success! I am not sure how the Government would place you in it all, I mean on the job you can carry but if you have a gun in the hypothetical "government is coming for your guns" situation you are considered just another civilian with a weapon? I do not know but if someone is a cop are they allowed to take their weapon home? If so how would that work into it, technically they would be owning a firearm registered for work and not for self defense like neighbor Joe right?
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 02-02-2013 at 02:17 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Maybe the solution is not gun control but finding a way to avoid the paranoia of being threatened in some way that requires one to be in possession of a firearm. I can walk down streets here at 2 in the morning if I wanted and not be concerned about being jumped, I can leave my doors to my home unlocked if I wanted and not worry about someone breaking in, I am not concerned about being in a public place and someone walking in and shooting up the place. That does not seem to be the case in a lot of American cities. If people are so scared and concerned about walking down their own street or sleeping in their homes that they need to keep a firearm around them at all times then there is something wrong. Yes there is crime and yes unfortunate situations arise but that is reality and it is not going anywhere, but if it is so bad that one is constantly on alert then that needs to be addressed. To address a revamp of less crime in society is another massive and incomprehensible undertaking but if the route problem is in the problems of crime then maybe it is something to look into.
    That's actually a very loaded reply!
    I don't feel unsafe walking around anywhere that I have been.
    I mean, sure there are some places that are considered "the bad part of town", but I'm sure every country in the world has places like that.
    We keep our guns locked up in a few different places, don't really feel the need to have it with me all the time.
    But I like the peace of mind it gives me, that should anybody ever come threaten me or my family, I will have something to use as a defense. That's really all it is, peace of mind. Say that another country did invade, they wouldn't get too far in my neighborhood, and that's a good thought to have in the back of your mind.

The issue of crime is kind of tricky. I think that most of the time, poverty leads to crime.
    There is a lot of poverty here in America because our government is corrupt and our national debt is skyrocketing even higher every single day. The obama administration keeps saying things are getting better, but they really aren't. Take the electric car for instance. We pumped TONS of money into getting that off the ground just for their sales figures to be horrendous! Nobody is buying them, and it's just another waste of money.

If we want things to change, we need to go to the route of the problem. Let's stick all the government officials on a minimum wage salary. Let's take away their $100k, $200k+/year jobs and stick them on $15k-$20k/year salaries and see how fast things change. Our government is so out of touch with the rest of society that all the do is fuck around and play games all day. They don't really focus on what is best for the country, they focus on what they can put their name on, and take credit for to keep their job. The current administration had the third lowest approval rating of all presidents after WWII; yet they still got voted back in. Soon the number of people leeching off the government will outnumber those who contribute to society, then we are really screwed. At work, I hear people saying how they still get unemployment even though they have been working for 8months+. Or how they claim 7 dependents when they only have one child. Then there are people who get food stamps, and then turn around and "sell" their food stamps for cash so they can buy other things. As a taxpayer, this pisses me off. I work hard for what I have, I'm not lazy in any sense of the word. But when things like this can happen and people just get things handed to them, that is a problem. This sense of entitlement is a big contributor. If people want something, and they are used to taking, they will just keep taking.

I kind of went off on a tangent there, but I hope I made some kind of sense.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Honestly, the day the "government" starts storming houses and taking guns by brute force is the day that America dies.
    There shouldn't be a need for that. If that ever happened, I'd just move down to Texas and stay there for a bit!
    I have even read about people getting together and making essentially a huge fortress where they will follow the path their "forefathers laid out for them"(something along those lines). I'll have to find the article, it was an interesting read, but I think THAT is a little overboard. I'm not some crazy gun enthusiast nut job, I just simply think the government is overstepping their boundaries with this push. As a matter of fact, things have just kept piling up and piling up the last four years, and this is just the tipping point really. These next four years will definitely be interesting, considering they had already talked about impeachment for Obama.

The issue about having stricter background checks is also a tricky one.
    You might have some issues that you are dealing with, for whatever reasons. It could just be from violence you have been a part of (war), or seen, or heard about, etc etc. And then the moment you mention how mad, or angry, or how much you wish you could do something to somebody, you are flagged and not able to buy/own a gun. How are we to distinguish normal people who are just down on their luck, or genuinely need help and can get better, from people who are literally crazy? It would be very difficult to do so! I think they should just leave things how they are, it's not really a HUGE issue. If you break bad on gun control, then the people who have them for defense will be defenseless. But the people who have or will have intentions of doing harm to others with a gun will still be able to get a hold of one. If they think that restricting people will do anything, they couldn't be more wrong. If you want a gun badly enough, you will be able to get one. There is no question in my mind about that.
    They were talking about arming all the guards at schools... but then what if a guard goes crazy and loses it and opens fire? Then you are stuck in the same situation. Guns don't belong anywhere near a school. I think metal detectors and/or the item scanners like they have at airports would be fine. That would be quite a hassle when compared to what is in place in most schools now. But it would definitely deter people from bringing anything they shouldnt.
    My "chinese" point of view? lol
    Really though?
    I'm not sure I understood you right. You said I was right that the guns are not the problem, the people are the problem.
    Then you said I was a terrorist for saying that?

I'm not condoning killing people, and I'm not condoning using guns for unnecessary violence either.
    I'm saying that there are tons of people who own guns, millions and millions. They use them for various reasons. Many have them around for protection, should they ever need them. Some have them around to hurt, some have them around just to collect even.

You might watch the news and hear of a shooting here or there (probably Chicago), but you don't hear the stories where guns saved peoples lives, or prevented crimes.
    The news is very biased, they put the bad news up there. They don't put how the group of kids tried to rob the grocery store, but were scared off when the old man behind the counter pulled out his shotgun to scare them off. Or the woman who was attacked in the alley, but pulled out her handgun to scare off her attacker. Stories like these are overlooked.

"Mexicans don't actually kill other mexicans without reason"
    "You childrens will grow knowing that killing others with and excuse is alright"

So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this.

Iran and Iraq? That's too long of a story, I can't really even jump into that right now.
    But Mexico isn't all innocent. Mexico is full of drugs, and gangs, and violence.
    The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose.

And video games don't make kids violent. I mean sure... if all you do is sit home and play games all day every day, you might get your mind a little twisted and think that is real life. But I have played games that had killing in them my whole life, I'm not going to snap and go on a rampage.
    "The reason for nobody invading you, even though you have stricter gun laws.. is that nobody really wants to invade you I suppose."

That made me legit laught xD! Hahahahahaha

Alright, getting serious again.

I didn't call you terrorist xD! I guess you're who got bad my point.
    I called terrorists to those who have killed americans without reason.

Also I'm not condoning government to go to your home and take out your weapons. As you said, that won't help at all, and that would be violating a few rights.

"So are you saying that Mexican children grow up thinking that killing other people without a reason is bad... but if you have a reason it's ok? Seems like you have a conflicting viewpoint on this."

We can't judge if with even having a reason is alright, neither for americans, mexicans or any other people. Neither if it was to defend your mom, your dad, your brother... We can't judge about that. Is just that killing without a reason means that the person has several psychological troubles, and the worst is that it puts in risk the health and even lifes of other people.

Yep, we got so many shit here at Mexico, too, but we've never seen mexicans killing childrens just for fun or anger.
    The only people who kills mexicans are, eventually, drug dealers or related to. But we don't see people killing people, if you get my point.

To make it clear, that guy from the Batman premiere wasn't a drug dealer. He was part of the town. Citizens killing citizens. That's what I mean.

Our biggest problem here at Mexico related to so many drugs, is having USA on the border. People from Guatemala and other south american countries have to pass through Mexico to get to the USA. We're the bridge. That's the reason they stay here. And drug dealers buy their weapons on the USA. So it's a circle...

I've played so many violent games, too. But you and me we're old enough to know it's just a game.
    There are kids from 8-12 years old playing them, and they can't get the HUGE difference between a game and real life. They're easily influenced
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Our biggest problem here at Mexico related to so many drugs, is having USA on the border. People from Guatemala and other south american countries have to pass through Mexico to get to the USA. We're the bridge. That's the reason they stay here. And drug dealers buy their weapons on the USA. So it's a circle...
    Well, it could also be argued that a big problem the US has with Mexico is how many drugs they import into the US.
    I don't think the US cause violence in Mexico, that's all you guys. The cartels are big time responsible. And nobody stands up to them really, neighborhoods will just stay quiet so that they don't get on the drug dealers bad side. They build huge, elaborate tunnels under the border. Yes, people here buy the drugs, but that is besides the point.
    I don't think Mexico is really the bridge for all those other countries. Why go through all the trouble of going all the way through Mexico when they can just come in by boat? It's all just a huge company essentially.

Thats all really besides the point though.
    Im sticking by my original post: guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    I guess when Czar Obama has it his way, he can just take over the country without any resistance.
    Perfect!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    57d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Well, it could also be argued that a big problem the US has with Mexico is how many drugs they import into the US.
    I don't think the US cause violence in Mexico, that's all you guys. The cartels are big time responsible. And nobody stands up to them really, neighborhoods will just stay quiet so that they don't get on the drug dealers bad side. They build huge, elaborate tunnels under the border. Yes, people here buy the drugs, but that is besides the point.
    I don't think Mexico is really the bridge for all those other countries. Why go through all the trouble of going all the way through Mexico when they can just come in by boat? It's all just a huge company essentially.

Thats all really besides the point though.
    Im sticking by my original post: guns don't kill people, people kill people.
    I guess when Czar Obama has it his way, he can just take over the country without any resistance.
    Perfect!
    Well it's because USA is a world power. Moving drugs there will eventually move mass of money

And yeah, we got people that won't have the balls to fight with them, thought they know where they live and whatever.

And also, Mexico imports drugs because americans buy them LOL
    And americans import guns because mexicans buy them

So yeah, it's a circle
    Selling Almost Any NC item!

Selling Balthazars Bag of Bottled Faeries - $150

Selling SEVERAL EPIC Main Accounts and Robotification Zappermajigs!!

Custom NeoPoint Orders? PM me!
    Selling Shells, $2 each :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't really understand the point cupcakeninja is trying to make. I was in the US Army before too, and yes, you get an automatic rifle. But the only time you actually have it in your possession 24/7 is when you are deployed or in Basic Training. You NEVER take your weapon home and if you do... there is some serious lacking proper command control and you are breaking some serious laws. The entire point of being trained in weapons is for peacekeeping and carrying out orders. The number one difference in civilian possession and military possession is intent and what purpose the weapon serves.

In fact 60-80% of the people I worked with in the Army... if I saw them outside duty, just as civilians and with and civilian grade gun on them, I'd be wary of them. That type were all very angry, racist, self-righteous people.

What are some valid reasons civilians with guns claim to need them for?
    1. Self protection.
    Why do you need more than one, however? Why would you need anything more than a handgun?
    2. Hobby.
    In this instance, I REALLY don't understand why there isn't regulations. Anyone having in their possession multiples of guns, many very dangerous ones, should adhere to the same sort of safety protocols that the military or police do. That being, mental health checks, all weapons stored in locked safes/cages, ammo stored in locked boxes and ACCOUNTABILITY. If there isn't mandated checks by police/some sort of official to make sure that the owners are keeping their weapons secured, there should at least be some sort of license test(like drivers).

Those two are pretty much the only valid reasons anyone would own a gun.
    Also that little phrase gun lovers like to throw out? "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
    If that is the case, and knives, bats, whatever else you claim is just as dangerous as guns, Why do you insist on needing them for your protection when according to you, a knife would kill someone just as easily? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to kill 5+ people in the span of a minute with a knife like you could with an automatic rifle in a crowded room.
    Last edited by Rednox; 02-02-2013 at 09:41 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rednox For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (02-03-2013),moonrash (02-06-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Gun Control.

So rednox thinks I'm angry, self-righteous, and racist.

I leave my m4 in the armory, but the 9mm stays with me. Regardless of my narcissism, rage issues, and feelings towards the populace at large, the 2nd amendment stands.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Toasted (02-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm pretty sure I said nothing about you, sorry. I said the people I worked with, if you took it to be a personal attack against yourself I apologize.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednox View Post
    What are some valid reasons civilians with guns claim to need them for?
    1. Self protection.
    Why do you need more than one, however? Why would you need anything more than a handgun?
    It's the world we live in today.
    I keep reading all this crazy shit that is happening and sometimes it's scary.
    It's just the world we live in today.
    I don't trust enough in our government to protect us, I'd rather be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing that should the worst happen, I will be perfectly fine.

Government officials are all safe and sound with their armed guards and such, but normal citizens don't have such luxuries.
    SO... better safe than sorry.