Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank12 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

Colleges like Harvard care next to nothing about admission because, if you look at the statistics, most kids have their tuition paid off because of the enormous alumni contributions they receive.

The reason they get so much? Because the people they accept are intelligent generally, and do well in the real world, so they have the opportunity to give back.

It is more important to them that they have smart people there to maintain their credibility than dumbasses who flunk in a week.
    Lol. You made a funny.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Colleges like Harvard care next to nothing about admission because, if you look at the statistics, most kids have their tuition paid off because of the enormous alumni contributions they receive.

The reason they get so much? Because the people they accept are intelligent generally, and do well in the real world, so they have the opportunity to give back.

It is more important to them that they have smart people there to maintain their credibility than dumbasses who flunk in a week.
    what statistics.

I also understand that most of their money comes from endowments. (No shit, they're a hedge fund.) I am saying, when it comes to two people who are equal in every single way..........the person paying their tuition in full is going to have a leg up compared to the person paying 1/8 of that.
    Last edited by zmurd; 01-16-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Ana's slave <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by zmurd View Post
    what statistics.

I also understand that most of their money comes from endowments. (No shit, they're a hedge fund.) I am saying, when it comes to two people who are equal in every single way..........the person paying their tuition in full is going to have a leg up compared to the person paying 1/8 of that.
    That makes more sense. And if you look at what the average student pays, there is a distinction with ivy schools as opposed to say, Boston college.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Contrary to your belief, I'm not stupid. I've been top 10 in my schools ever since being a baby. Heck, I'm 3 grades above in math right now, And 1.5 grades in everything else.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    That makes more sense. And if you look at what the average student pays, there is a distinction with ivy schools as opposed to say, Boston college.
    Yeah I wasn't really saying anything important that had to be dissected. hehe.

Let's get into some shit, what does that mean to you when there is such a difference?
    Ana's slave <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    Contrary to your belief, I'm not stupid. I've been top 10 in my schools ever since being a baby. Heck, I'm 3 grades above in math right now, And 1.5 grades in everything else.
    I never called you stupid. I don't think you are stupid, honestly. Immature, probably, but considering your age, it's understandable. All I'm showing is the reality of life. Don't stress too much about an AP course tbh.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zmurd View Post
    Yeah I wasn't really saying anything important that had to be dissected. hehe.

Let's get into some shit, what does that mean to you when there is such a difference?
    What does what mean to me? The student who pays that much or are we looking at college financial aid in general xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I never called you stupid. I don't think you are stupid, honestly. Immature, probably, but considering your age, it's understandable. All I'm showing is the reality of life. Don't stress too much about an AP course tbh.
    Im stressing out, because ever since I was a kid my mom and dad have always been like:"Aww hes so smart, he should go to Harvard like his dad, or another Ivy League". And disappointing what runs in the family isnt good at all(GOod colleges. My sister goes to GA tech).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    in general.
    Ana's slave <3

Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by babytroop123456 View Post
    Im stressing out, because ever since I was a kid my mom and dad have always been like:"Aww hes so smart, he should go to Harvard like his dad, or another Ivy League". And disappointing what runs in the family isnt good at all(GOod colleges. My sister goes to GA tech).
    Well first, stop giving a fuck what your parents want, because it is your time that will be put into the next 10 odd years of schooling. If you are not doing it for you, at some point, whether it be in high school or in some prestigious college, you will come to the same conclusion. Do yourself a favor and figure out what you want now.

That's not to say don't be smart. I can't stand people who waste potential.

College financial aid is fucking messy as shit. Most people seem happy to get something knocked off their tuition. Me personally, I applied to some schools I got full rides to and use those to barter with the better institutions and knock down the 60k that it would cost.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

I've got to sleep. Midterms tomorrow, have to wake up early. Good night all

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Good night frank, sorry some feathers got ruffled here. As for your, predicament, OP, I would suggest taking up the matter with the teacher in a civilized discussion that best exemplifies your academic ambitions as well as your ability to be mature in something that is, as you've depicted, so wrongly aligned.