24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    is deck some weird aussie slang for pack????????
    Also a common term for pack in Canada. I personally have never used it though, must be dependent on the slang of the area.

I feel sorry for Americans. Cigarettes absolutely suck in the US, I live in a border city in Canada and I have a few friends that live in the US / attend school in the US and whenever we get on the topic of smoking it's a unanimous vote that American cigarettes basically taste like a vacuum bag.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JordBarb For This Useful Post:

Pie (12-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    is deck some weird aussie slang for pack????????
    Yeah, like a deck of cards cept it's deck of smokes

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Pie (12-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by JordBarb View Post
    Also a common term for pack in Canada. I personally have never used it though, must be dependent on the slang of the area.

I feel sorry for Americans. Cigarettes absolutely suck in the US, I live in a border city in Canada and I have a few friends that live in the US / attend school in the US and whenever we get on the topic of smoking it's a unanimous vote that American cigarettes basically taste like a vacuum bag.
    LOL oops, I should have known that then.
    Except, I'm American and therefore only know American things. Go school!!

Also, I can confirm this about Canadian cigarettes being way better, my friend smuggled some back from Canada once and I died from happiness when I tried them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    LOL oops, I should have known that then.
    Except, I'm American and therefore only know American things. Go school!!

Also, I can confirm this about Canadian cigarettes being way better, my friend smuggled some back from Canada once and I died from happiness when I tried them.
    It's mainly the East coast, I picked it up awhile ago from Trailer Park Boys. (A Canadian tv show!!!!! )

I don't know what it is about the smokes in the US though, they're just so gross, which is why I believe menthol has such a greater popularity in the US in comparison to Canada. Marlboro and Camel are the two companies I'm most familiar with and they're both horrid tasting.. Coincidentally they're arguably two of the most popular US cigarette brands. It's a shame they don't have international brands, the US could use a taste of some good tobacco! DuMauriers are top quality cigarettes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to smoke 3 a day for like a month. Then my gf started ripping them up. So I quit buying them and don't crave them anymore. Haven't smoked in like a year. If your a kid you shouldn't smoke. its more addicting then.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's mainly the East coast, I picked it up awhile ago from Trailer Park Boys. (A Canadian tv show!!!!! )

I don't know what it is about the smokes in the US though, they're just so gross, which is why I believe menthol has such a greater popularity in the US in comparison to Canada. Marlboro and Camel are the two companies I'm most familiar with and they're both horrid tasting.. Coincidentally they're arguably two of the most popular US cigarette brands. It's a shame they don't have international brands, the US could use a taste of some good tobacco! DuMauriers are top quality cigarettes.
    Okay, well maybe that forgives me then! I'm all the way down in Texas And yes, I've seen a few episodes of that show hahaha.

Personally I can't stand menthol cigarettes, they're not as good to me. And yep! Marlboro and Camel are the top sellers pretty much.
    I've had DuMariers and they were lovely!

Do Canadian cigarettes have those giant warnings with the disturbing pictures on them like English cigarettes? Haha

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Smoked for about 6 years like a chimney. Chain smoking to the max. Specially when I was in clubs. Belmonts were my favourite. Started with Marlboro light. Have been clean for 5 years. I'm 25 now. The way I quit was, i just realized, it's just mind game. A habbit. You pick up a lot of other bad habbits which you quit without even thinking about. Eg. Drinking soda/pop for a few days and then ending up craving it everyday. If you stop it long enough and think above the rest you'll quit. Also, don't aim to quit. Every time you crave one, put it off for later and get busy doing something else. Eventually you'll have the strength to not only kick the habbit but control it. I have probably smoked maybe 1 pack over the last 5 years here and there during vacations/parties but i've never craved after those cigs i was offered while piss drunk was done. Now, i can't even stand the smell. Also, try not to look at it as a solution to stress. Good luck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Okay, well maybe that forgives me then! I'm all the way down in Texas And yes, I've seen a few episodes of that show hahaha.

Personally I can't stand menthol cigarettes, they're not as good to me. And yep! Marlboro and Camel are the top sellers pretty much.
    I've had DuMariers and they were lovely!

Do Canadian cigarettes have those giant warnings with the disturbing pictures on them like English cigarettes? Haha
    I agree, I've had Menthol and they're a nice change but not something I could smoke habitually. I grow tired of them quick I guess.. but yes, the labels on our packaging here is pretty terrifying. Enough to scare a potential smoker a way I think, but it's quickly ignored by anyone that's already actually picked up the habit; like myself.

Canadian Warning Labels

yummy.
    Last edited by JordBarb; 12-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree, I've had Mentol and they're a nice change but not something I could smoke habitually. I grow tired of them quick I guess.. but yes, the labels on our packaging here is pretty terrifying. Enough to scare a potential smoker a way I think, but it's quickly ignored by anyone that's already actually picked up the habit; like myself.

Canadian Warning Labels

yummy.
    Idk I prefer the harsher ones so menthols taste like nothing to me
    Wow that's gross. Our warnings are so dumb like you can't even see them and they are so chill about the warnings.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    98/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I started smoking when I was 16 due to family issues. I've tried quitting several times, but all unsuccessfull :/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast