247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Creationism vs. Evolution

I've always wanted to do one of these.

To start it off:

I'm strongly for creation. We are far too complex to have come from apes, and the development of a conscience further supports creationism. Animals that we supposedly came from do not have a conscience; they cannot feel things the way we do and cannot tell right from wrong. We can love, feel, and we care for each other like animals can never do. We are intelligent and we cannot be from anywhere but God's own image.

Everything is also too perfectly balanced to allow for such a theory as evolution. For example, our body parts and organs work together perfectly. It's hard to imagine how eyes, wings (flight), or livers developed out of nowhere. And since birds came from dinosaurs, when did they make the leap between cold-blooded and warm-blooded?

These are all questions that evolutionists should consider. I would appreciate if any people here at clraik want to share their opinions, and let's hope for an intelligent, civilized debate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Poem For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob (07-01-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I am for Creationism.
    I totally agree with you fully.
    We are way to complex

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maison For This Useful Post:

General (03-05-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    I always feel I can't participate in this particular debate without upsetting someone at some point with my blunt views

Evolution

Oh and many of the questions you ask have already been answered, such as how eyes evolved and how wings appeared.
    Last edited by Nath; 02-10-2013 at 07:20 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-24-2015),Cinnamoroll (10-20-2015),Frump (07-13-2014),Teakwood (05-05-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Like how??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Damn it.

I hate when this is brought up.
    You DO realize that scientists never said that we come from monkeys, and that lie was spread by the Catholic Church to discredit evolution?
    What they ACTUALLY said is that man and apes are similar, so they must have a common ancestor. No that "Presto, Bingo! Once a monkey, now a man!"
    And the fact that they have a similar ancestor should be readily apparent to anyone who can manage to read a Phylogeny tree.
    So yes, evolution. All the way. @(you need an account to see links), -highfive-

9. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to esperanto For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-24-2015),Banannie (05-18-2014),Cheese (05-27-2014),Cinnamoroll (10-20-2015),Dom~ (02-11-2013),Frump (07-13-2014),Ghosts (05-17-2014),grrrawr (03-15-2013),Hollow (07-21-2016),Maditude (06-25-2013),Melany (10-23-2015),moonrash (02-10-2013),♥ Munna ♥ (07-01-2015),P h o e n i x (10-16-2015),potatoespotate (10-18-2015),Ribbon (10-17-2015),Saria (06-10-2014),Skylily (06-30-2014),spleef35 (10-18-2015),spysie (06-02-2014),Teakwood (05-05-2015),team rocket (06-21-2013),victoriamle (02-19-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by furby View Post
    Like how??
    It's too late and I am too tired to explain how we ended up with eyes but I'm sure google can assist

@(you need an account to see links) I'm with you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

esperanto (02-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by esperanto View Post
    Damn it.

I hate when this is brought up.
    You DO realize that scientists never said that we come from monkeys, and that lie was spread by the Catholic Church to discredit evolution?
    What they ACTUALLY said is that man and apes are similar, so they must have a common ancestor. No that "Presto, Bingo! Once a monkey, now a man!"
    And the fact that they have a similar ancestor should be readily apparent to anyone who can manage to read a Phylogeny tree.
    So yes, evolution. All the way. @(you need an account to see links), -highfive-
    ...So much for civilized debate. If you don't like how this is here, don't take part of it!

But anyway, say we did come from a common ancestor. BUT that ancestor must not have had a conscience, which still makes my point valid whether the ancestor be an ape or not an ape.

As for the eyes.... "what good is half an eye or half a wing?" Nothing. They must have existed and started as a whole.

And guys, don't worry, I will not be offended as long as we have good debate and nothing like "YOU SUCK YOU BELIEVE IN GOD". Don't call insult my faith and I won't insult your faith.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poem For This Useful Post:

Dan (03-22-2014),Maison (02-10-2013),Skarl (06-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    368 times
    Time Online
    23d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by nonchalantic View Post
    ...So much for civilized debate. If you don't like how this is here, don't take part of it!

But anyway, say we did come from a common ancestor. BUT that ancestor must not have had a conscience, which still makes my point valid whether the ancestor be an ape or not an ape.

As for the eyes.... "what good is half an eye or half a wing?" Nothing. They must have existed and started as a whole.

And guys, don't worry, I will not be offended as long as we have good debate and nothing like "YOU SUCK YOU BELIEVE IN GOD". Don't call insult my faith and I won't insult your faith.
    I don't mind your belief in God. I mind that its become such a widespread belief that (ESPECIALLY in rural Alabama, where I live) "We ain't evolve from no damn monkeys!" when that wasn't even what anyone said in the first place -_-
    Again, not particularly against you. Just in general. Like the fact that most people don't understand it wasn't even monkeys. It was apes.

As for a conscience, apes do possess a basic one at least. The can certainly tell right from wrong, communicate to us in OUR language (something we've never been able to do for them), learn basic commands and how to function and do things such as use a bathroom, color, use tools, show affection, feelings, etc. There have also been numerous instances when mother apes and ape-like creatures have protected small animals of other species, showing a basic nurturing instinct. So yes, I do believe it is possible that we shared a common ancestor as apes that have been domesticated have shown remarkable human characteristics.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esperanto For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-24-2015),spleef35 (10-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by esperanto View Post
    I don't mind your belief in God. I mind that its become such a widespread belief that (ESPECIALLY in rural Alabama, where I live) "We ain't evolve from no damn monkeys!" when that wasn't even what anyone said in the first place -_-
    Again, not particularly against you. Just in general. Like the fact that most people don't understand it wasn't even monkeys. It was apes.

As for a conscience, apes do possess a basic one at least. The can certainly tell right from wrong, communicate to us in OUR language (something we've never been able to do for them), learn basic commands and how to function and do things such as use a bathroom, color, use tools, show affection, feelings, etc. There have also been numerous instances when mother apes and ape-like creatures have protected small animals of other species, showing a basic nurturing instinct. So yes, I do believe it is possible that we shared a common ancestor as apes that have been domesticated have shown remarkable human characteristics.
    Okay, apes it is.

Yes, you are right in that apes can do all of that. However, I don't call that a conscience. I call that an instinct. Every animal has the instinct to survive, to nurse their young, to feel protective of them. It's the basic maternal instinct that some animals do have.
    Also the fact that their brains are intelligent does not support evolutionism in the least, in my opinion. I believe in God yet I believe that many animals are intelligent, like the dolphin or the parrot, or... the ape. Yet any animal's IQ does not come close to that of a humans, but let us not get into it.

What my argument really is, is that humans are vastly different from animals. The gap between human and the next animal in place is immense. I have yet to see a dog have debates regarding evolutionism or creationism--and that's just the thing. Humans know how to question. Animals just accept.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by nonchalantic View Post
    Okay, apes it is.

Yes, you are right in that apes can do all of that. However, I don't call that a conscience. I call that an instinct. Every animal has the instinct to survive, to nurse their young, to feel protective of them. It's the basic maternal instinct that some animals do have.
    Also the fact that their brains are intelligent does not support evolutionism in the least, in my opinion. I believe in God yet I believe that many animals are intelligent, like the dolphin or the parrot, or... the ape. Yet any animal's IQ does not come close to that of a humans, but let us not get into it.

What my argument really is, is that humans are vastly different from animals. The gap between human and the next animal in place is immense. I have yet to see a dog have debates regarding evolutionism or creationism--and that's just the thing. Humans know how to question. Animals just accept.
    Why does having a conscience matter so much? We don't have sonar like bats, does that make us inferior? Why does IQ matter? The ability to take a math test doesn't matter in the wild.

You say you believe in creationism, yet I'd like you to really talk about creationism itself. You may say everything to refute evolution, but talk about creationism. Also how can you know what God looked like ("in God's image"), if you (or anyone) have never seen "him"?

"For example, our body parts and organs work together perfectly."
    Then what does that say about a plant's ability to utilize photosynthesis? Plants weren't created in God's image, this is a trait that plants have because they evolved to have this trait. Everything has evolved, and everything will continue evolving.

Also, I don't have a faith (I have the lack of a faith), so bash it all you want

.....and if it's not clear, then to answer the title: Evolution.
    Last edited by moonrash; 02-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonrash For This Useful Post:

Amparo (09-24-2015),LeMiguel72 (03-13-2013),potatoespotate (10-18-2015)