Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong with our government... Amnesty or Deportation?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I'm in favor of deportation. I don't like that our government now empathizes with 'children' who have a 'reason to be here' if they're not native-born. It was enough of a problem with both Arizona and Texas encouraging pregnant illegals to come to their hospitals to deliver. I love this country, but they're making bad decisions by constantly supporting the wrong people. America first. If we strengthen our own people and take care of them, we can then assist others if the majority of our population wishes to do so.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skarl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    GOOD POINT! Homeless people need a lot more help than they are given, like programs to help them get off the street, better facilities...

but if so much is given to the homeless, that kinda would drive the point that anyone can live an ok life as a homeless person, if the government will simply take care of them for free anyways.....

but even then, the first action is that they need to want to get help themselves, which is kinda exactly what hispanic parents are doing in trying to get their children across the border?

:/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by spysie View Post
    but if so much is given to the homeless, that kinda would drive the point that anyone can live an ok life as a homeless person, if the government will simply take care of them for free anyways.....
    "In 2005, Utah figured out that the annual cost of E.R. visits and jail stays for homeless people was about $16,670 per person, compared to $11,000 to provide each homeless person with an apartment and a social worker. So, the state began giving away apartments, with no strings attached. Each participant in Utah’s Housing First program also gets a caseworker to help them become self-sufficient, but (you need an account to see links). The program has been so successful that other states are hoping to achieve similar results with programs modeled on Utah’s."
    Unfortunately it takes the realization that it's cheaper to care for the homeless than to let them rot to cause this sort of action, but it just reaffirms my stance: if America would take care of its citizens as a priority, the country could then assist others should a democratic vote encourage us to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by spysie View Post
    which is kinda exactly what hispanic parents are doing in trying to get their children across the border?
    This is true, but there are legal ways to enter this country and thrive. If immigrants would take the time to come into America legally, they would receive better job opportunities, benefits, et cetera. Coming in illegally -- at best -- guarantees them the ability to earn wages under-the-table. With Obamacare (another topic of discussion at a later time) in effect, legal citizens of America are 'guaranteed' healthcare, if they elect to pay 'a discounted rate' for it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'm not a huge fan of the immigration policies in this country. It's really difficult for the highly educated individuals who have the capability to contribute a lot to get citizenship. And ditto on it being a slow process, getting citizenship for a spouse. My boyfriend is from Poland but went to college in the U.S. and is doing research at our university (alma mater) now (and is applying to med school) but he probably won't be able to get citizenship for, like, 6+ more years.

I agree with the idea of giving refuge to those who need it, but I feel like this is just something that people will use as a loophole to get past the system.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I agree with the idea of giving refuge to those who need it, but I feel like this is just something that people will use as a loophole to get past the system.
    I mean, if they actually needed refuge, that would be one thing. But they want the handouts. They are being told what to say by all sorts of elected officials x.x

Some of these comments I'm reading in another article though, omg xD

What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do agree with some of what you guys are saying from a legal perspective, but do you realize how entitled some of these posts sound?

"I love this country, but they're making bad decisions by constantly supporting the wrong people. America first."

Well, aren't we all lucky that we live on the right side of the border, because that artificial line is the only thing separating the right and wrong people apparently. Let's all cross our fingers and hope that we aren't born in Mexico in another life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AstraCastra For This Useful Post:

Maki (07-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    1984 george orwell dystopian future. Hell yeah!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraCastra View Post
    I do agree with some of what you guys are saying from a legal perspective, but do you realize how entitled some of these posts sound?

"I love this country, but they're making bad decisions by constantly supporting the wrong people. America first."

Well, aren't we all lucky that we live on the right side of the border, because that artificial line is the only thing separating the right and wrong people apparently. Let's all cross our fingers and hope that we aren't born in Mexico in another life.
    Well theres a right way and a wrong way to become a citizen.
    The more this story develops, the more pissed off I find myself becoming. I'm not sure if you're following it, but it's become pretty ridiculous. Obama refuses to even visit the border to see what's going on, despite having three fundraisers in Texas. You have dem representatives passing out lollipops down at the border encouraging people to cross the borders. The govt forced certain agencies to drop the word "alien" when referring to illegal immigrants.
    Its one massive shit storm that seems entirely too well orchestrated and I don't see it ending too well
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's true, the way the government is handling it isn't pretty, but I really hope that doesn't encourage more radical views among the populace. Have you been following whats been going on in Europe recently with the far left parties?