DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I do believe in the unnatural.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    16d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I don't really believe in anything supernatural, even though I love to draw and write about it.
    Tbh I think this world is just super boring. No such cool things as ghosts around.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes, I do believe.

Once I were asleep and opened my eyes and saw a black figure with wide open eyes looking at me. I was scared (obviously) but couldn't move. The figure came foward and passed through me, through my body, and it felt completely real

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'd have to say no. Why? Well, for starters, never once have I experienced anything paranormal, and I've been around death all my life. I've had people tell me different stories about what they've experienced, but since I've never, I can't understand the concept of actually believing in them. Like, they're fun, don't get me wrong. I LOVE horror movies and such. But when it comes down to it, is my grandma haunting my bedroom? I'd say no. Is Prince going to haunt his estate? I'd say no, again. Like.. I believe in good and bad forces, I think. Maybe they're a bit more metaphorical, since the "forces" I'm talking about can just be summed up as karma.

Believing in ghosts ties into being religious, because you'd have to believe in some sort of afterlife for them to even exist, which I don't, & I'm not. So... Yeah. It's a tricky subject, but seeing is believing, and I have not seen. And I hope I never do, because honestly I don't WANT something like that to be real. JUST STAY DEAD Dx

Quote Originally Posted by varney View Post
    Yes, I do believe.

Once I were asleep and opened my eyes and saw a black figure with wide open eyes looking at me. I was scared (obviously) but couldn't move. The figure came foward and passed through me, through my body, and it felt completely real
    Sounds like a common case of "Sleep Paralysis," a form of sleep disorder.
    Also, yer picture definitely makes me a little uneasy. LOL

Point being, most ghostly things can be explained scientifically. ^^
    Last edited by Set; 06-18-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i believe in ghosts. but i believe in them more as a form of energy left over after death than a soul. personal beliefs, but it just seems like there's too much going into the brain and minds for it to all come to an end when a body stops.

of course, this is probably more of a self-comfort thought than anything. death being an absolute is a terrifying concept and i would like to think that it doesn't end so abruptly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    i believe in ghosts. but i believe in them more as a form of energy left over after death than a soul. personal beliefs, but it just seems like there's too much going into the brain and minds for it to all come to an end when a body stops.

of course, this is probably more of a self-comfort thought than anything. death being an absolute is a terrifying concept and i would like to think that it doesn't end so abruptly.
    I agree death is a scary concept. Everyone is afraid to die to some degree! But with any religion, science, or whatever, apparently incredible things have started in an instant.. So the only question I have for you is, why wouldn't something so incredible be able to end the same way as it started?
    Last edited by Set; 06-18-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: minor grammar stuff

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    I agree death is a scary concept. Everyone is afraid to die to some degree! But with any religion, science, or whatever, apparently incredible things have started in an instant.. So the only question I have for you is, why wouldn't something so incredible be able to end the same way as it started?
    as i said, it's more of a comfort thought than anything and while it could be or couldn't be real, there's no harm in believing in religion or an after life of any sort either, through genuine belief or fear. as a matter of fact, there's no hard proof either way it goes; existence or none. previously unexplained things that are proven even then all come about from speculation and a "most likely" answer. but no intentions of opening the "religion" can of worms; beliefs are beliefs and it's really only the business of the believer to question them, you know?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    as i said, it's more of a comfort thought than anything and while it could be or couldn't be real, there's no harm in believing in religion or an after life of any sort either, through genuine belief or fear. as a matter of fact, there's no hard proof either way it goes; existence or none. previously unexplained things that are proven even then all come about from speculation and a "most likely" answer. but no intentions of opening the "religion" can of worms; beliefs are beliefs and it's really only the business of the believer to question them, you know?
    Hey now, I'm not opening any cans of worms here. It's all related. & I mean it's not really only the business of the believer. Why wouldn't it be natural for someone who doesn't believe to question the concept of it? And not challenge, but question. Like I said, if a brain can begin miraculously, it can end the same way. I'm not arguing anything, and not saying you're wrong. I was just asking and seeing what you'd say. But yes. I understand. You believe in ghosts, that's fine. I never said you didn't or shouldn't, nor did I say anything along the lines of saying it's harmful... I simply brought different factors into the equation. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow, seems like it was a sleep paralysis episode ;-; my experience fits perfectly to what's being described in there.
    Even if it's not supernatural, it sure made me feel special haha
    Thanks Set

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I dunno, I collect BJDs and some cultures believe that they can have good or bad spirits in them. I choose to believe that there are good spirits in mine if they've got one at all, considering one of them always seems to be looking at me and he's got a gentle smile. Other people think he looks cynical or like he's smirking but for me it's a soft little grin. I find it reassuring haha, cause sometimes I can get pretty depressed but seeing their faces always makes me smile. But hey haha maybe I'm crazy. I do keep my room and environment happy and bright in case it's true. XD I'd hate to have bad spirits in them.