24/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    24d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    What does it matter if you grab a bought account or not you are still stealing something ppl put time amd money into?
    This is how I feel regarding the subject as well and I'm tired of people crying about "moral compass" on a community made by cheaters FOR cheaters.
    Everyone here knows the risks of cheating and unfairly accessing accounts, active or not. I like this community because everyone is mostly looking out for each other and have no qualms giving taken accounts back - and yet active sellers still get slandered about doing it regardless if it was them or not.

What happens when an inactive player comes back and wants their account, are any of you going to willingly give it back?

Anyway I don't want to start an argument, just my 2cents.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phasma For This Useful Post:

Brickhaus (03-20-2016),I_royalty_I (03-20-2016),Meepit (03-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    It's very interesting to see the different takes everyone has on this issue.

Personally, I believe there really is no gain to hacking actives; it seems that Neopets is slowly dying as is, and chasing away the people who still stick with it seems counterproductive. If you take a purchased account from an active buyer, then I'd be willing to bet that said buyer would be less willing to purchase again. Is it really in any seller's best interest to slowly deteriorate the number of buyers?

That's my own opinion on the matter, but to each his/her own.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:

Phasma (03-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    What's the point in stealing an active from here? Someone's gonna know and try to get the account back or report it and get it frozen.
    I don't think anybody take an active from somebody here ON PURPOSE. Sometimes it just happens. People will post here asking if somebody hit an account that sounds like "this" and usually (hopefully) somebody will have hit it and will give it back and such. I've been on both sides of that situation and it's nice to know that people are still willing to stick together and sort of "protect our own".

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sventex View Post
    This is how I feel regarding the subject as well and I'm tired of people crying about "moral compass" on a community made by cheaters FOR cheaters.
    Everyone here knows the risks of cheating and unfairly accessing accounts, active or not. I like this community because everyone is mostly looking out for each other and have no qualms giving taken accounts back - and yet active sellers still get slandered about doing it regardless if it was them or not.

What happens when an inactive player comes back and wants their account, are any of you going to willingly give it back?

Anyway I don't want to start an argument, just my 2cents.

I'm really confused how the mentality shifted so dramatically over such a short period of time too. I remember a few summers back when I hit a PC that was causing issues back then, whom I have no problems at all with right now, and people were so happy. There was a thread that went on to be literally one of the most popular threads ever on ck because so many people supported what happened to this user at the time. Fast forward to today, what would happen if I were to hit an active user who was stirring up trouble or I had an issue with and posted about it on ck? Would I be infracted? Would I be warned, banned?

This community was by cheaters, for cheaters from the start. I can see why selling actives things would be frowned upon since it's not everyones cup of tea, but realistically you are stealing from somebody whether active or inactive. It's just a very grey area. I don't know what would happen is an inative player came back and asked about their stuff. Will the next step being banned anything inactive and illegit? Will we only be able to sell "legit" things in the future. I know that's a leap, but where do we draw the line at? I didn't usually sell actives on here anyway so it doesn't really impact me at all. It's just kinda meh.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Brickhaus (03-20-2016),Phasma (03-20-2016),Zachafer (03-20-2016)