2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I feel like this wouldn't have gotten the same reaction if the person whose information was posted was cisgendered?
    It would have gotten an appalled reaction, but no, it wouldn't have gotten the same reaction - reason being that it's outed him. That opens him up to getting slurs thrown at him, having snide comments posted about him on Neopets where he can't defend himself, and just... not having any control over something that many LGBTQA* consider private. You can't take it back; once people know about whatever it is you're keeping in the closet, it's done.

You just don't out people. You just don't. We all know how it feels (my first job, two years in, shouted at me across the shop floor) and that's what makes it a completely different kettle of fish.

Also -

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I thought that the original post (I saw it yesterday, I think, when it was first posted) was a submitted post. Which means the mods wouldn't have been the ones who wrote it.
    I don't think anybody's saying they wrote it, really; it's the fact that they approved it and took so long to remove it. Not fair to assume, I know, but by the sounds of things they probably only took it down because they were getting barraged with hatemail and were sick of it. It's just... the whole point of being a mod on a blog like that is to make sure you filter out things that aren't acceptable to post. They've said several times that they won't do that - and in this situation they've proven that they really, really won't.

That's why the gloves have come off now. They'd have come off just the same if they'd posted a cis person's Facebook - just without the added flavour of protective LGBTQA* outrage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinto For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-13-2014),I_royalty_I (04-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    please do

hmmm

also

the owner says she has depression, but she's been known to throw around ableist sentiments + tell people with mental illness (besides herself) that it's easy to just 'get over it' + that people shouldn't be 'whining about their awful lives' on neopets, that those people are too sensitive or that people who cry over not being chosen for a pet are pathetic + don't even deserve to apply for pets to begin with

thus i think it deserves to burn

it's gotten to be a cesspool

they also had someone's full name up on their list, before; it appears to be gone, now, tho - it looks they're covering their tracks

ugh

sorry if you all already knew half of this

i'm honestly just beating a dead horse here but i hate hate HATE this blog + the people who run it, now, after all this mess,,,,,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to guro For This Useful Post:

Forever (04-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    22d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm no good at this kind of stuff, but is there a way we can force hack our way into the pbcl? Taking down all their posts, changing all the info, and putting up a banner that says "CLRAIK DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS" and maybe some gifs of puppies or information about why what the pcbl did was so awful, and what cyberbullying is, and how it affects real, breathing people.

I say this because I personally found out about clraik on the pcbl, and it is good advertisement, but the wrong kind. If we took it down and people knew it was us, it would give us a great image and say a lot about our community. It also would be our chances to educate others on what cyberbullying is, and it would be our chance once and for all (hopefully) to show that cheaters aren't bad people.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to parakeet For This Useful Post:

Addict (04-13-2014),Colby (04-13-2014),Forever (04-13-2014),hi hater (04-15-2014),Lyric (04-15-2014),Q*bert (04-13-2014),rachel (04-13-2014),simmie (04-13-2014),Swablu (04-13-2014)

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by parakeet View Post
    I'm no good at this kind of stuff, but is there a way we can force hack our way into the pbcl? Taking down all their posts, changing all the info, and putting up a banner that says "CLRAIK DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS" and maybe some gifs of puppies or information about why what the pcbl did was so awful, and what cyberbullying is, and how it affects real, breathing people.

I say this because I personally found out about clraik on the pcbl, and it is good advertisement, but the wrong kind. If we took it down and people knew it was us, it would give us a great image and say a lot about our community. It also would be our chances to educate others on what cyberbullying is, and it would be our chance once and for all (hopefully) to show that cheaters aren't bad people.
    i just wanna say i also came to cK via the pcbl and from the past posts in this thread i obviously dont support this bullshit either. i'm no hacker but to get into a tumblr account you would need to know the e-mail it is hooked up to and the password for it and idk how hard that would be to figure out.

EDIT: also it's not a post by the people that run it, it was a submission via ask, but the fact they approved this to be published, as someone with Asperger's (or i guess autism spectrum disorder for those of you DSMV savvy people) this really upsets me:

wowyoureinept;
    I used to think prelunear/haru was a cunt, but now I actually just think she's autistic. She will attack anyone who offers her less than what her pets are worth savagely and relentlessly until she feels she's had enough. Honestly, grow up.
    like they are approving ableist things sent their way, they are approving peoples FBs being posted and then defending it, this has clearly moved on from being just petty insults. i might need to lie down,
    Last edited by Q*bert; 04-13-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post

EDIT: also it's not a post by the people that run it, it was a submission via ask, but the fact they approved this to be published, as someone with Asperger's (or i guess autism spectrum disorder for those of you DSMV savvy people) this really upsets me:

like they are approving ableist things sent their way, they are approving peoples FBs being posted and then defending it, this has clearly moved on from being just petty insults. i might need to lie down,
    Seriously?

I have that disorder and just
    just ugh

[9:57:14 AM] Aqua: like ok they might not have written the FB thing, or the autism thing, but they clearly support it and condone these kinds of posts making them just as awful
    [9:57:26 AM] Aqua: yeah i am super mad rn like if i could breathe fire i might
    [9:57:30 AM] simmie: You can't just call people autisitc like that
    [9:57:45 AM] simmie: tbh people with autisim/aspergers are like better adjusted
    [9:58:00 AM] simmie: at least we're taught some damn manners unlike whoever posts these kind of stuff
    [9:59:04 AM] Aqua: YEAH
    [9:59:31 AM] simmie: Like clearly whoever did this thinks that disorders are a joke
    [9:59:47 AM] simmie: Like how would they like if they never picked up social norms when they were younger?
    [9:59:59 AM] simmie: Autisitc/Asperger children are 8x more likely to get bullied
    [10:00:05 AM] simmie: and they will take it more seriously
    [10:00:42 AM] simmie: Like some people are past the stage of taking stuff like that so seriously, but others don't and she could quite possibly self-harm. :/

This is just angering.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simmie For This Useful Post:

Charlie (04-13-2014),Q*bert (04-13-2014),rachel (04-13-2014),txtsd (04-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    31d 16h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Can people PM me as soon as they see PCBL make a new post?
    I need to know when they're online.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to P h o e n i x For This Useful Post:

Q*bert (04-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    the consequences will never be the same....

u 'mirin?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Festiv (04-13-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    17d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post
    I LIKE YOU TOO.
    I LIKE YOU TOO uwu
    I just don't like the people in charge of those blogs. Seeing pcbl acting as a burn book sort of thing was bad enough (and sure, I've actually sent an ask before but it was regarding the new arcanelane clone and how refreshing it felt to see people ignoring them, so), but this? This is getting out of hand.
    And seeing people getting outed is pretty angering, but def not as angering as seeing the mods on pcbl acting like they are above everyone else.
    Did someone see this, btw?
    (you need an account to see links)
    I really hope it wasn't one of you. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by seimi View Post
    Did someone see this, btw?
    (you need an account to see links)
    I really hope it wasn't one of you. :/
    Yeah, I wondered that :/

I mean. I understand the anger, totally, but... something as violent as this that even includes homophobic language in response? Not really the way to go.

Ooh, and @(you need an account to see links). If it's to compare when they're online with a Neopets account - I think they post from their phone/s sometimes, where they might not be able to get on Neopets. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Quinto; 04-13-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    i dont think it was anyone here, or at least i hope not. we've all expressed our rage in this thread in a very classy and mature manner, i would find it hard to believe that a post like that would come from someone here.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-13-2014),seimi (04-13-2014)