24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Guide to Proxies for Firefox and Tor

Proxies are not hard. I've found most guides to be rather dense and complex; so here's a quick one.

First of all, you will need firefox. It is the only browser that I know of that supports proxies EASILY. Yes, technically you can create proxies in Chrome or IE but it's hard. Firefox is also the best option for using grease monkey scripts. In short, you need Firefox if you are doing anything illigit on neopets.

Now, for proxy info: A proxy makes it look like your computer is accessing whatever from somewhere else. This means you can make accessing 10 different accounts on your computer look like access from different parts of the world. Because the interwebz has to go through whatever to make the connection, proxies are often painfully SLOW. Luckily, neopets only records your IP on LOGIN AND LOGOUT

EDIT: It is suspected that IP's are also recorded on PASSWORD AND EMAIL CHANGES

Here's a little tutorial on using (you need an account to see links) with firefox.

Here's what your page will look like:

You want ones that are HTTPS and HIGH+KA because these hide your identities the best. I don't know about socks4/5 but they should work fine too; I just never looked into them.

Now, here's a little diagram of the parts:

Speed is not at all important, but connection time is. Make sure the connection time is at least green, and try to get a speed of at least mid-red.

Here's a little diagram of the steps to enter your IP and PORT

And now you are using a proxy!

For TOR: Download it (you need an account to see links)

And then open the browser and go to the same place as the firefox one:

That button for new identity will be on your onion control panel thing, you press this to use a new identity.
    You can just use the tor browser but it is very slow and blocks all plugins.
    So, copy and paste the numbers and set up everything to match what you see on the tor browser to firefox.
    Now, when you press the button you will use a new identity on firefox and can switch back to no proxy whenever you want!

Tor assigns you a random identity from it's list, essentially doing what you would do with manually choosing a proxy and entering it yourself. On the downside, there are a finite number of these proxies so if you login to an account there is a chance that another person has logged into an account on the same network; as far as I know this has not created any problems though.
    Last edited by Graff; 02-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Graff For This Useful Post:

Charlie (01-19-2013),Drizzy (02-08-2013),Fell (02-10-2017),Insanity (10-31-2012),jena (06-26-2013),Kad (06-18-2013),Linacake (10-31-2012),Lindsay (11-10-2014),Liv (06-26-2013),M.V.P (01-16-2013),Matt~ (05-09-2013),Melody (05-30-2014),metaldroga (11-03-2012),MsChief (06-29-2013),npm (07-07-2014),Sakuras (05-27-2014),t4nzi (12-15-2012),zmurd (01-16-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    4d 6h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank you for the guide! Really helpful!
    XIV♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Bumping for awareness.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    17d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Graff View Post
    Bumping for awareness.
    so do you recommend we use a proxy from our country/neighbouring countries or is it alright to use any proxy regardless of the country as long as it has https and high +ka?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by M.V.P View Post
    so do you recommend we use a proxy from our country/neighbouring countries or is it alright to use any proxy regardless of the country as long as it has https and high +ka?
    Personally, I don't pay attention to that all but I don't autobuy or do stuff that would really draw attention to myself. As long as you aren't logging in to an account an unreasonable number of times (I stick to a max of three personally) a day from all over the place you should be fine. The main purpose is to avoid being chained, because even if some account does some really fishy stuff neo won't be able to detect that other accounts you use are linked to that account... at least not by IP login info.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    88 times
    Time Online
    22d 22h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Bumping for awareness

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If you have the bottom status bar visible in your version for firefox, you can use elite proxy switcher, much faster proxy switching for those of us with too many accounts

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    76/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    82d 15h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    connection, proxies are often painfully SLOW. Luckily, neopets only records your IP on LOGIN AND LOGOUT

EDIT: It is suspected that IP's are also recorded on PASSWORD AND EMAIL CHANGES

Oh, So there is no problem if I log in using proxy and then "turn it off" and navigate through neopets with my original ip? Not forgetting to turn on the proxy when I log out, of course.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryou View Post
    Oh, So there is no problem if I log in using proxy and then "turn it off" and navigate through neopets with my original ip? Not forgetting to turn on the proxy when I log out, of course.
    I just keep my proxy on the whole time I'm on a specific account since mine doesn't lag very much but the common belief here is that you can turn it off after you log in and make sure you turn it back on before you log off.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I understand that plugins like shockwave & flash can negate Tor's anonymity by sending info to the site. Do you know if TNT does any other checks besides the IP check that might compromise Tor's safety?

Would it be wisest to login with the plugins disabled and just enable them to play games, customize etc?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsChief For This Useful Post:

Liv (06-30-2013)