26/0
    Mentioned
    487 times
    Time Online
    26d 4h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    This should be remade to say

Are you buying a PS4 or are you being stupid?

I see you have an opinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'm getting real tired of people saying the xbox one won't play used games.
    IT WILL PLAY USED GAMES MY HUSBAND FUCKING DIRECTLY ASKED THREE DIFFERENT MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AT E3 TODAY

The games will come with activation codes now. When you purchase a used game, you are paying for the new activation code. The game will be the same price it would have been for a used game.
    These activation codes are used because all games are directly uploaded to your system so you do not have to insert the disc after initial download. After the disc copy you sell/trade in is purchased, the game will no longer exist on your system. Which is the exact same shit as before because you no longer have a copy of the game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grrrawr For This Useful Post:

Aeires (06-11-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrawr View Post
    I'm getting real tired of people saying the xbox one won't play used games.
    IT WILL PLAY USED GAMES MY HUSBAND FUCKING DIRECTLY ASKED THREE DIFFERENT MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AT E3 TODAY

The games will come with activation codes now. When you purchase a used game, you are paying for the new activation code. The game will be the same price it would have been for a used game.
    These activation codes are used because all games are directly uploaded to your system so you do not have to insert the disc after initial download. After the disc copy you sell/trade in is purchased, the game will no longer exist on your system. Which is the exact same shit as before because you no longer have a copy of the game.
    lol, no. Individual users won't be able to sell their games, there are no "used" games. Now, Microsoft will lovingly finger your asshole while telling you that game you got from your friend can't be played because you didn't pay for it. (Unless you feel like giving them $60 for it, that is.)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you @(you need an account to see links) !! finally someone that actually looked into this a little before ending the world with the not being able to play used games. I mean it was inevitable that at some point video games were going to move to a digital world (i'm surprised they hadn't already), no one stopped buying music or said oh the music industry is going to die when i tunes came out. This did give you the option to buy a whole CD for cheaper or buy just what you wanted from a CD just like you will be able to buy games from an online store now, you get the rights to the game and at a more than likely cheaper price. For any PC gamers in here Steam has done this for i don't even know how long, you could buy all the GTA's on steam for 10$ but you didn't get a hard copy, just a download but no one complained there. Xbox One will most liekly employ a system like steam where games are cheaper because there is no physical disk but i mean the probably 40-50$ you will pay now or 60$ for a new game and when there areno trade in specials getting maybe 15$ back for the game so someone can buy it used for 45$ seems pretty good to me.

On another note note Microsoft also said that some games will have the ability to share with friends that you have been friends on XBL for more than 1 month with. So essentially if you go to your friends house you can play your game if you have them on your friends list. You can also play the game on ANY console as long as you are on your account no matter who's machine it is.

The price is a good selling point for the PS4 saving the extra money would be nice but with the convenience features and the promised connection and multiplayer promises Microsoft has made, for someone who is more into competitive gaming or even just takes gaming kind of seriously the Xbox makes much more sense. I mean you can watch v while waiting in a lobby, built in DVR so you don't have to go out and buy one anymore and logging on and having your games already updated for you ? psht i would take that any day. I've had both system (PS3 and Xbox 360) and i will definitely be going the Xbox One route

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    PS4, for sure.

Not much info has been released about the Xbox One but from what I've seen, it freaks me out. You have to have the camera on to play. The mic stays on at all times even while the console is off. If you have other people in the room with you it can charge you because it senses everybody in the room due to the camera constantly being on. You probably won't be able to sell your games/buy used games.
    I could go on and on about all the cons, lol.

The thing that mostly freaks me out about it though is the whole like possible spy/hacking factor.

I've heard that 1 in every 2 Xbox cams gets hacked and I'm a big scaredy cat

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) If you think microsoft will have steam-like deals you're delusional. You've also completely misunderstood the friends list game "sharing". What actually happens is that if you want to give your game to someone, they need to have been on your friends list for 30+ days. They then get a copy (and you lose yours), which can not be given away again or given back.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    X-box

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jauris View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) If you think microsoft will have steam-like deals you're delusional. You've also completely misunderstood the friends list game "sharing". What actually happens is that if you want to give your game to someone, they need to have been on your friends list for 30+ days. They then get a copy (and you lose yours), which can not be given away again or given back.
    Could you link me to this information, please? Because none of what you have posted already is what Microsoft was saying at E3 this afternoon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrawr View Post
    Could you link me to this information, please? Because none of what you have posted already is what Microsoft was saying at E3 this afternoon.
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I think YOU sir are the one that has been misinformed it is essentially you LENDING the game to your friend, thus if you go to your friends place to play a game you log in on their account and can play the game and avoid having to recover your own gamer tag. Yes you do lose the game on your account but it is transferred back to you whenever you and your friend decide. You don't have to pay for either transfer so nothing is lost in reality. Read the game licensing policy a little bit closer and you will see that. I am also not delusional I truly believe that with the protection of the producers now in place they will lower the prices, with that said if the reason the prices have been so high in the past isn't because of the ability to trade games and lend games and they are just using that as a scape goat it might not work that way in the end but giving them the benefit of the doubt for now I believe they will employ a similar system to Steam.