DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Anyone who ordered a time sensitive item like an advent calendar and didn't receive it should get a full refund, and if you don't, go to your bank or paypal and start a chargeback, they've now sent you an unsuitable item as it will no doubt be out of date by next advent. How disappointing for everyone involved.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-05-2024),DarkSkies (12-29-2023),Excalibur (12-31-2023),Guil (12-29-2023),Sakuras (01-04-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    For those interested, there's been an update regarding the Usuki merch. I was sent this email earlier:

Hey Neopians!

Happy New Year! Hope you're doing well and that your 2024 is off to a great start! We wanted to give you an update and let you know that you haven't been forgotten in the slightest - we've been plugging away at the UsukiCon bags since our last update.

Most of the components are completed, and the main sticking point is the Usuki doll keychain itself, as the "piece de resistance" of the set. Since it's not a printed component the way most of the components in the bags are, everything is going slowly for the production and subsequent approvals to get it looking right (and to make it to the quality level we want). We've got some plans to make some other molded Neopets keychains in the future (Faerie Kadoaties, anyone?), so this is proving invaluable for learning what to expect from future projects, it's just taking time, a fair amount longer than we'd anticipated (each iteration with our manufacturer takes about three to four weeks between passes, and the end of year and holiday season to boot. We don't have a firm answer on timeline just yet (waiting for next steps for approvals/production), and as Chinese New Year is about to muck things up for a few weeks on top of everything else, but we're hoping for end of Feb or so for the project.

Since we've had some "idle" time between iterations, we've also stuffed a few other components and goodies to the bag that we think you'll enjoy, to help round out some of the contents (and help with the wait time). We've also gotten confirmation that the codes for the bags are for a unique wearable that can be worn by all Neopets. They were finishing the artwork for it a bit ago, and should be ready to be released once the bags themselves are done.

Thanks for your patience along the way - the Neopets merch fanbase isn't huge, and part of the experimentation process to make some of the more unique and unusual stuff for our fellow Neopets fans involves a learning curve for new item types and for doing smaller runs (and an abundance of time, like the Negg squishies).

For those interested too, we'll be having an announcement about the upcoming Neopets tabletop RPG in a week or two.

As always, if you need to update your order, please just let us know!

Sincerely,
    John and the Geekify crew

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Guil (01-05-2024),kittyray (01-05-2024),Pringle (01-05-2024),RadLapras (01-10-2024)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    Anyone who ordered a time sensitive item like an advent calendar and didn't receive it should get a full refund, and if you don't, go to your bank or paypal and start a chargeback, they've now sent you an unsuitable item as it will no doubt be out of date by next advent. How disappointing for everyone involved.
    That's what I'm doing. They haven't responded to me regarding the item, or shipping, so I'm just going to my bank about it.

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    For those interested, there's been an update regarding the Usuki merch. I was sent this email earlier:
    that's honestly ridiculous. I've gotten merch manufactured in china (including custom neopets pins, even! since I was so fucking salty the first set of neopets pin merch that was done by that other company where they ran off with the money and everybody got a piddling amount of NC as "compensation") and i can't understand what the hold up is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-05-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for posting, i was just coming to post the update as well! tagging @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) as well since they mentioned they ordered as well

the extra stuff will be nice, but im surprised they didnt offer extra codes or anything. the code item being newly made for this bundle is cool, but also for $100 and this wait you could throw in more free digital codes

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-05-2024),Pringle (01-05-2024),Rinon (01-05-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Honestly, Geekify really keeps dropping the ball with their merch for Neopets. It feels like everything they make is extremely challenging to them or out of their scope, which leads to delays like this or the Advent Calendar. WYP usually has fair shipping and they ship their orders out when their con ends (or even before, from past experience), because their stuff is already made or they just have a better grasp on how to handle merch orders better than Geekify.

I'd still love the merch I paid for since I collect it and am not too bothered with the prize codes and all that, but it could be a bit better, though I am very thankful for their hard work as well with the orders.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Guil (01-05-2024),Pringle (01-05-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Honestly, Geekify really keeps dropping the ball with their merch for Neopets. It feels like everything they make is extremely challenging to them or out of their scope, which leads to delays like this or the Advent Calendar. WYP usually has fair shipping and they ship their orders out when their con ends (or even before, from past experience), because their stuff is already made or they just have a better grasp on how to handle merch orders better than Geekify.

I'd still love the merch I paid for since I collect it and am not too bothered with the prize codes and all that, but it could be a bit better, though I am very thankful for their hard work as well with the orders.
    yeah at this point with them im like.... don't do preorders if you can't do it in a timely manner. its cool that they are trying new things but its making people lose a lot of faith in them

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Update on the lack of updates, I am trying emailing them again today. Last time I did they replied and sent out the update to everyone who had ordered, so hopefully they at least pay attention and give an update again. I feel like a freaking sucker, like I still really want this Usuki stuff but also at this point i'm NEVER buying anything from geekify again. Its been 7 months since I ordered this!

-Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-26-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    Update on the lack of updates, I am trying emailing them again today. Last time I did they replied and sent out the update to everyone who had ordered, so hopefully they at least pay attention and give an update again. I feel like a freaking sucker, like I still really want this Usuki stuff but also at this point i'm NEVER buying anything from geekify again. Its been 7 months since I ordered this!
    Good luck with your email! They haven't taken this long with an order before...this is the kind of thing Dom should shed some more light on in the AMAs.

Buimeleon made by Hare

Sea Weasel Pokemon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Guil (02-26-2024)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    best of luck, that really sucks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Guil (02-26-2024)