DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Have you seen the number of entries protesting for riot week in the Beauty Contest?
    my god

2. The Following User Says Thank You to experiment For This Useful Post:

fluttershy (07-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment View Post
    Have you seen the number of entries protesting for riot week in the Beauty Contest?
    my god
    omg i went through and looked after you said this. wow, my god, it is actually hilarious. i am dying. hahahahahha.

(you need an account to see links)

this one really got me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershy View Post
    omg i went through and looked after you said this. wow, my god, it is actually hilarious. i am dying. hahahahahha.

this one really got me
    dude
    that drawing

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The Art Chat is already all BC boards. There are always a few trade/request boards, but the majority of it is BC advertising, so I don't think anyone in the art chat will feel "spammed" by the new rule.
    But honestly it is a big popularity contest lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    What I don't get is that they wanted to reduce spam, yet the Art boards on a Friday are full of the spammiest people I have ever seen. You can't even get a second message posted before there are 15 people saying CUTE ENTRY VOTED GL VOTE FOR ME?? (even if they are the same species as you )

The art chat 'regulars' sit around in their boards that move at three posts per day, and talk shit about the other contestants or people who disagree with their opinions. People who have only been BCing for the past couple of years think that because they got overall a couple of times with ~200 votes that they are the king shit and how dare anyone question them? They just sit there, complaining about competition, how someone didn't get removed when they reported them, and how unfair it is. Then they complain about the scum of the PC/App Chat/Kad Chat/AC/etc and how unfair it is that they just get votes cause they have friends. (And just because you don't see someone advertising on the art chat, doesn't mean that they "cheated" and advertised elsewhere. Its totally possible to beat advertisers with manual votes, its happened to me several times and people were accusing me of all sorts of ridiculous things just because they didn't see me? lol ok)

And the amount of people who BC and say things like "I can't believe I got beaten by that awful scribble last week, I totally deserved gold, I hate PC spammers!" astounds me, like, how can you claim to be a community of nice people and then constantly talk about people like that? The boards are public, you don't know the age or ability of the person with the 'scribble', how dare you talk shit like that? And half of the time, if it was really about the 'quality' of art - the people complaining wouldn't have even been in the top 3.
    And they talk about the BC like the only way to be a true BCer is to be an Art Chatter. They talk about anyone else like they are casual scrubs who just get trophies because they have friends.

I know a ton of PCers who have been bcing since ~2000, have great art, and advertise. Because /thats what the BC is about/. Its not the art gallery. Ugh I just can't with the smug ass art chatters. (who are apparently very offended when you call them elitist) They sit there on their high horses reporting anything that they don't like, and it just sickens me. I laughed my ass off when an art chatter responded to complaints about being able to advertise on premium with "Yeah, but they have a choice to vote"
    SO DID THE PC??? SO DOES OFFSITE? but no premium is A OKAY
    idk
    i give up. gonna go and manual vote for all the non riot entries, or hell, all the repeat entries, just because fuck you rioters

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

banana (07-19-2015),Garchomp (07-18-2015),Q*bert (07-19-2015),resJUN (07-18-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangle View Post
    What I don't get is that they wanted to reduce spam, yet the Art boards on a Friday are full of the spammiest people I have ever seen. You can't even get a second message posted before there are 15 people saying CUTE ENTRY VOTED GL VOTE FOR ME?? (even if they are the same species as you )

The art chat 'regulars' sit around in their boards that move at three posts per day, and talk shit about the other contestants or people who disagree with their opinions. People who have only been BCing for the past couple of years think that because they got overall a couple of times with ~200 votes that they are the king shit and how dare anyone question them? They just sit there, complaining about competition, how someone didn't get removed when they reported them, and how unfair it is. Then they complain about the scum of the PC/App Chat/Kad Chat/AC/etc and how unfair it is that they just get votes cause they have friends. (And just because you don't see someone advertising on the art chat, doesn't mean that they "cheated" and advertised elsewhere. Its totally possible to beat advertisers with manual votes, its happened to me several times and people were accusing me of all sorts of ridiculous things just because they didn't see me? lol ok)

And the amount of people who BC and say things like "I can't believe I got beaten by that awful scribble last week, I totally deserved gold, I hate PC spammers!" astounds me, like, how can you claim to be a community of nice people and then constantly talk about people like that? The boards are public, you don't know the age or ability of the person with the 'scribble', how dare you talk shit like that? And half of the time, if it was really about the 'quality' of art - the people complaining wouldn't have even been in the top 3.
    And they talk about the BC like the only way to be a true BCer is to be an Art Chatter. They talk about anyone else like they are casual scrubs who just get trophies because they have friends.

I know a ton of PCers who have been bcing since ~2000, have great art, and advertise. Because /thats what the BC is about/. Its not the art gallery. Ugh I just can't with the smug ass art chatters. (who are apparently very offended when you call them elitist) They sit there on their high horses reporting anything that they don't like, and it just sickens me. I laughed my ass off when an art chatter responded to complaints about being able to advertise on premium with "Yeah, but they have a choice to vote"
    SO DID THE PC??? SO DOES OFFSITE? but no premium is A OKAY
    idk
    i give up. gonna go and manual vote for all the non riot entries, or hell, all the repeat entries, just because fuck you rioters
    wait. so are you not allowed to advertise anywhere outside of art boards now? i know it says that is the only place you can put a link in your siggy, but say you're on a neopets fan site like neodaq or something. can you post there? these fucking rules. who can keep up with them all?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 13h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    nop fluttershy you can't advertise anywhere.
    not reddit, not tumblr, not deviantart, jellyneo, whatever whatever.
    i'm pretty sure someone would report ya damn entry if they saw you were posting it around on other sites anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to resJUN For This Useful Post:

fluttershy (07-18-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Repeat entries who have won gold are a dick move yes. So is releasing an avatar in November and never giving it out. I BCed earlier in the year, wanting the av, but now I'm just like...what's the point? Same jerks always win, and it's not activated anyway.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    Repeat entries who have won gold are a dick move yes. So is releasing an avatar in November and never giving it out. I BCed earlier in the year, wanting the av, but now I'm just like...what's the point? Same jerks always win, and it's not activated anyway.
    There's a BC avatar? O_o

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Technically there is but it hasn't been activated yet