Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what do you think would happen if...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I wanted to see if they'd let me take a tour inside haha perhaps a better chance for that now since jumpstart miiiight be friendlier?? maybe I'll check out their Torrance location if I get time, try and take pics but they'll know who I am D:

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I wonder how effective a tour would be. I mean it'd probably be interesting to see the neostaff at work, but really it'd just be rows of computers and cubicles I'd imagine. I bet its not too exciting of a place internally. Somehow as a kid, I always imagined that the neo office would be very kid friendly. Part of me believed they were working on developing genetics and mutations to make real animals. Hahaha.

I wonder how effective it'd be to actively apply onto staff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TAK For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (08-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    TNT is very customer unfriendly. And I don't even know WHY. How hard is it to hire some customer service techs? They need me. I could get some people with BAs working for them barely above minimum wage. Their customer service really, really, really sucks and its such a fixable problem: CLEAN HOUSE!

They have isolated themselves to make sure no one bothers them through contacts other than tickets and emails. If you managed to show up at their office I would hold a $100 bill next to your face while saying "I would like to talk to someone about getting my account unfrozen"

Then maybe they'll be willing to listen. But I don't think it's weird or anything to go visit them in person, just don't stalk them after lunch...that warrants a call to the police or something lol

People spend hours and hours and hours on these accounts. I work in retail and if someone is willing to argue with me forever about how they're suppose to get $3 off something they purchased last week it isn't stupid for me to go heckle with someone I spent a decade on.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

AskJeeves (08-19-2014),Cheese (08-17-2014),pumpkin (08-17-2014),Sakuras (08-30-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I did actually hear of some girl going in there but they just told her to get lost when she approached the front desk.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,171 times
    Time Online
    561d 8h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I've toured a couple office buildings with my dad and it's fairly boring and from my experience there wouldn't be an opportunity to speak to somebody working there who isn't running the tour. I also don't know how easy it would be to get a tour of an office building if it isn't for a business-related reason.
    I suppose it would depend on what other businesses are in the building. A couple of times I've needed to go to casual things (repairs being the least casual) in buildings that have high security and I needed to check in and get a badge just to get to the elevator bank.

I also definitely imagined neopets as some magical office building full of fun and wonder when I was a kid. I guess part of growing up is realizing that even fun things probably have ordinary offices.

I'm rambling, oops.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    I also definitely imagined neopets as some magical office building full of fun and wonder when I was a kid. I guess part of growing up is realizing that even fun things probably have ordinary offices.
    It appears to be a healthy mix of "do-your-work" cubicles, mixed with "we're-a-bunch-of-gamer-nerds-working-for-a-kids-site" flair:

(you need an account to see links)

Snarkie's flickr is public and I spent a while browsing a few weeks back.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to k80 For This Useful Post:

parakeet (08-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by k80 View Post
    It appears to be a healthy mix of "do-your-work" cubicles, mixed with "we're-a-bunch-of-gamer-nerds-working-for-a-kids-site" flair:

(you need an account to see links)

Snarkie's flickr is public and I spent a while browsing a few weeks back.
    Not gonna lie, that looks like a pretty dope place to work. I love the Office Space reference and Lost shirt
    hmu ladies