Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's your biggest regret on neopets?

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Same. So much irritation, heartache and drama would have been avoided if I had stuck to Club Penguin all of these years like I used to play before I discovered this hell of a site.
    Club Penguin was bomb <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-01-2018)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I rage-froze my original five accounts on my eleventh birthday because I realized that I had put in my real birth date and couldn't communicate with other users.

RIP, first pet. I miss her so bad.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Giving my mom access to my account when I was 13, after thinking she might be taking interest in something I liked, stupidly so I might add.

She locked me out of it and called it demonic with subliminal islamic and satanistic messages.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Corliss (05-05-2018),motherfucker (05-07-2018),Winona (05-05-2018)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    8d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsoka View Post
    Giving my mom access to my account when I was 13, after thinking she might be taking interest in something I liked, stupidly so I might add.

She locked me out of it and called it demonic with subliminal islamic and satanistic messages.
    Why does this sound like my mom a little bit? xD She used to HATE when I would play Neopets because tbh It consumed ALL my time in highschool.

But now, I can talk to her about my trading and such, asking her advice on how to sell my stuff on here, etc. She's actually grown really cool about it and lots of other things once I let her down in unimaginable ways, and then became a better person in front of her own eyes. (Thanks rehab!)

She even kept my account safe for me when I was in rehab, and fed my pets for me. o:

But if I asked her to do that 6 years ago, she would have proabably gotten my account iced out of spite.

ANYWAYS, my biggest regret in Neopets, is getting my account with a COMPLETED Fruit/Vegetable gallery frozen. ;~; It had hundreds of millions of NP worth of stuff... like Mechaberries, very very rare Pick Your Own Berries, ALL the R99 and R101 and R180 items that belonged there, and over 80m pure leftover.

I was homeless at the time, if I actually signed up for this website instead of lurking, I would have sold my account instead of autobuying on it with really really unsafe buy times (0.035-1.500 second buys)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Not seeing the writing on the wall and selling my shit for cash instead of finally getting frozen lmao

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookymane View Post
    I feel this on a personal level. Throughout my entire time on neopets, I know I've spent close to that amount and now I only have a couple accounts with not much on them to show for it.

dies inside
    Which is why spending that huge amount of money has been both a blessing and a curse to me. It has been a blessing because it snapped me out and caused me to quit my addiction. It was a curse because it made me realize how much I wasted on Neopets. When I told my officemates about it, they were like, "Boy you could've bought a house or car or owned a business!" and some were like "Dang! You could've been a millionaire by now!" and I'm like "Yeah you're right, if only I could revert things back."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosa For This Useful Post:

Gotch (05-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 5h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Staying legit. Even this account is evidence of it - Signed up a while ago and couldn't bring myself to cheat. Now I'm stuck grinding Neopets as a legit player

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by LGK View Post
    Mine would be not participating in LDP. To be fair, I was in the third grade so a lot of it went over my head at the time. But it seemed like a super cool plot and that avatar is super slick (& rare) nowadays.
    I would have to agree with you. My regret, or more like regrets, would be being very na�ve to what neopets was about when I joined. Unfortunately I didn't have age as an excuse. I was not in third grade, I was almost 37 when I joined. LOL. My 9 yr old son joined first, finding the site through Nickelodeon, and I thought it was cute so I joined too. I fed my pet, played the games, I enjoyed the word games, and opened a store, all of that to earn NPs to dress and feed my pet. I did battle, because my son challenged me all the time, and I did get a few of the now retired avatars (just by chance) not because I knew what I was doing. It wasn't until I found some of the Neo fan sites that I actually understood about plots and avatars. But that was YEARS later. After a long hiatus.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    I rage-froze my original five accounts on my eleventh birthday because I realized that I had put in my real birth date and couldn't communicate with other users.

RIP, first pet. I miss her so bad.
    OUCH! That sucks! I'm sorry. I can understand that feeling, it seems like such a LONG time until you reach, what is it, 14 where you can chat on the boards? Now it's like, wow, that was quick. When my son and I signed up, I did the parental permission for him. It served 2 purposes. 1. they knew that 2 people were playing from the same IP address and 2. he never had to worry about forgetting what birthdate he used to sign in. He never chatted on the boards so it wasn't an issue.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchy1 For This Useful Post:

Winona (05-15-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For using a pseudo birth date on my account. Did not log on to neopets for so long, but even if you recover your password, still cant get in because cant remember the pseudo birth date anymore. xD