4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

insomnia

what should u do if u cant sleep at night? ive seen tips online but a lot f them include not thinking, focusing on breathing etc, and i find it INCREDIBLY hard not to think about things and thinking about breathing sets me on edge for some reason (i think its the same way i feel about heartbeats, i feel like it will stop at any moment??)
    when i was younger and in school id just not go or eat sugary shit or w/e if i was too tired from not sleepin (b/c i was a #rebelle lolololol) but now im a responsible adult (tm) with a mental health nursing course to go too i feel its time to get my inability to sleep in order.
    any tips ya'll

supporter of second rate ascii art since time began
    infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!~carry on cleo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I read one thing your supposed to do is separate your room from activities, for example don't watch tv or go on the computer in your room, it's supposed to train your brain to know that this room is only for sleep, never tried it though, I don't have trouble sleeping.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-20-2015),♥ Munna ♥ (03-22-2015),tf4trftf43 (03-14-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Honestly, try reading. Like turn off your tv/phone for 30 minutes and read. The minute you look at your phone/tv/computer etc, your eyes wake up to view them. I read this somewhere and tried it, its pretty much how I sleep now.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-20-2015),♥ Munna ♥ (03-22-2015),tf4trftf43 (03-14-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    I read one thing your supposed to do is separate your room from activities, for example don't watch tv or go on the computer in your room, it's supposed to train your brain to know that this room is only for sleep, never tried it though, I don't have trouble sleeping.
    that's a good idea, ill have to try it. i dont have a tv in my room anyway but i do go on my computer to do writing & w/e so maybe i'll have to try doing that in another room.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    17d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm the type of person who just stays up until they pass out. On the off chance that I am tired enough to sleep I have really uncomfortable dreams. No mental exercises or habits I've tried to adapt have helped and I work 10hr or more shifts (depends on our production numbers in the factory I work at) so I tried the zqil sleep aid. It's 12usd for a 2 pack of large bottles and keeps me fot a couple weeks. Ingest, go to sleep within 30 min (some people I know a hour, just depends). Whenever you feel the tired hit head to bed and lie down. My thoughts settle, no harsh dreams, and I usually feel good in the morning. Best sleep I've had since I was a little kid.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eed For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I cannot sleep worth a damn. Haven't been able to since before I could remember.
    I take 3 Tylenol PM's three hours before I need to go to bed, I do a short bit of stretching (yoga) to relax my body,
    and then I read until I fall asleep. NO phone/computer or any sort of artificial light (other than the light on in the room to read with) @(you need an account to see links) is right, your eyes will wake up to view these things.

I sleep really well and wake up without being groggy on Tylenol PM (or off brand) after 6-8 hrs of sleep. Good luck and let us know what works!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyric For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-15-2015),Jessica (03-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I try to read a book. Tbh I've never made it past chapter 2 in a Dickens novel because it's so damn boring like they should sell that as a cure for insomnia.

Don't read books you might like because for me personally that means I won't want to stop

12. The Following User Says Thank You to boomer For This Useful Post:

Jessica (03-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    thanks everyone. sadly i still feel distracted by my own mind when trying to sleep at night but i do think i am sleeping a bit better since i started reading instead of going on the laptop in bed. i just need to adjust to having a slightly different sleep schedule as it were now! ill report back soon to see if i can sleep some more better tonight
    i know there's a link between adhd (which i have) and sleep problems, so that is probably a factor as well.