Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    this is false

they have two barcodes on them; one that's the SKU for the type of card itself ('google play 25$', 'iTunes 50$', etc) and the other is a barcode unique to the card that gets activated once it is sold. trust me, i've sold over a thousand game currency cards/google play/i tunes/etc. prepaid visa giftcards and phone cards are activated the exact same way.

game currency cards USED to be good to go straight out of the starting gate, but when people would redeem them before buying them the companies were like WHUH-OH and gave them two barcodes for this exact reason. 'THIS CARD NOT ACTIVATED UNTIL PURCHASE AT REGISTER'/'CARD HAS NO VALUE UNTIL ACTIVATED AT REGISTER' is on basically every currency card.

not to mention they have that silver stuff on them you need to scratch off to get the code to type into whatever you're using it for. if the silver part is missing and you buy it that's your own fault tbh; better safe than sorry. someone may have dumped their redeemed card back on the shelf after purchase.
    I've sold a couple thousand too. Worked as a Cashier and moved my way up to Customer Service Manager.
    Might be different depending on where you work, but as far as I'm concerned or know, the cards don't differ by store.
    Every card I sell, I ring up, and put into a bag. It's good as gold from there.
    Don't know the specifics behind it all, but the only barcode I ever scan is to confirm the sale from the inventory count.

The cards don't ever need to be activated by me unless it prompts me to scan a secondary barcode (like the ones on the prepaid master cards and al that jumbo. Where you gotta peel the back off and scan).

So it's not false. It's just different from what you do.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I've learned that the only people left on Neopets are lonely, sad virgins who are clinging to their childhoods. I guess I am too.

Really though, from looking at the boards, the majority of players who seem to have held out to this point seem to be extremely naive and sensitive little flowers who defend the site to the death while it falls apart around them. It's just as cringeworthy as it is funny.
    Am I naive or a sensitive little flower? Because I don't get it, which group do I fit in?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by memoriespastgone View Post
    I've learned that I'm too much of a burnt cupcake, too bad for this world, too evil compared to my guild people.

Or they are too stuck up and uptight and rigid.

Also, I should have left Neo years back as well. Right after TFR, turned away, and never looked back, because it has only been a road of disappointments and despair since then for me.
    Funny cause I felt the same way about the guild I was in before I quit (the guild members were a huge reason why I just said FUCK THIS). Never fit in as well as the other guild members because I'm not as good of an ass kisser and not childishly optimistic. Also, because I hated the incessant whining for attention some people would pull.

And then there were the "stuck up" and "uptight" guildies. Those "pros" with all the pro restocks and pro avatars and pro BD who felt like they were insanely special.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    12d 19h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentryst View Post
    Funny cause I felt the same way about the guild I was in before I quit (the guild members were a huge reason why I just said FUCK THIS). Never fit in as well as the other guild members because I'm not as good of an ass kisser and not childishly optimistic. Also, because I hated the incessant whining for attention some people would pull.

And then there were the "stuck up" and "uptight" guildies. Those "pros" with all the pro restocks and pro avatars and pro BD who felt like they were insanely special.
    Pro restockers are just no lifers who sit there and refresh all day. This guy in my guild is really annoying because he basically never really says hi or bye to anyone and he's just there to show off his restocks, whines about his minimum wage job, or "jokingly" begs people for donations. With terrible grammar/spelling to boot. Annoys the hell out of me.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

I'm actually not even bothered anymore about the fact that every single guilder there is some sort of NT star, pro gamer, pro stocker, or just Neopian celebrity in general, but the issue is, everyone there seems to be either problematic or a problem maker, and either people are sensitive to the extreme to anything more mature than Y7, or are those people who are the extreme opposite, being violent even in real life. Also, recently, we've had a good assortment of Tumblr snowflakes come by and cause drama on the guild because they wanted people to agree exactly to everything they believe in exactly on how they think, otherwise, they'll start attacking others, and calling names in general, besides being spiteful in general to everyone because they think they deserve to be jerks because they are speakers of a cause. Oh, and not to say about the other types of drama queens that frequent the guild and cause fights because they want things their way or no way, or they just feel like they need to be the center of attention. Also, the amount of hypocrisy is enormous, people will literally call out others for stuff that they do themselves, chiding others because of properness and appropriatedness and purity and sanctity or whatever when they themselves don't even have a standard to begin.

Okay, I do know I am no easy going person, and I have my own issues and personal problems and whatever else, and yes, I know I can get pretty difficult to get along, besides that even for real life, I have quite some different opinions, and overall, I am quite odd, but, honestly, I feel like at most of the time, I'm the most normal of people in the whole guild! But yet, I feel like, all of the time, I'm the worst human being on the whole guild, I feel like I'm a slutty, whorish, crazy bitch most of the time, even though I didn't do anything, I don't ever do anything, I mean, I was a nerd n high school, and now I don't even interact with people. It's just.... I mean... Awful...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    NC cards are definitely redeemable AFTER you pay, once I bought one from my local Game chain and he didn't scan properly and I couldn't redeem, took it back, scanned and then worked.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Yeah reason I don't bother with guilds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I've never been in a guild. But I've never been asked to be in one. #everybodyhurtssometimes

I'd be in a cK guild, dough.

I love Jess

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    I've never been in a guild. But I've never been asked to be in one. #everybodyhurtssometimes

I'd be in a cK guild, dough.
    Well, I didn't get invited, it is an open, public guild.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    lurker is the best imho
    the root of the problem with everything you guys described is like everyone think their opinion matters more and their voice HAVE to be heard.

you don't have to be loud to matter lmao, this is the internet

even tho this sounds super pretentious i just feel sorry for all the loud mouth, maybe its fun for them but the whole 'road to popularity' looks miserable