Thread: [GUIDE] Change Your Online Persona!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m

[GUIDE] Change Your Online Persona!

How to Change your persona!
    So you've made a couples of accounts, you change your name and achieve different goals. But someone always knows it is you, but how? Your personality, the way you act, and the way you respond.

So what exactly is personality? Personality is defined by a combination of qualities and characteristics. It is you and what makes you whole.

Personalities Description
    Duty Fulfiller Serious, well organised and work efficiently to their goals.
    Mechanic Quiet, hands-on worker, and a risk-taker. Loyal and not too concerned by the rules.
    Nurturer Kind, puts' others first, and very perceptive.
    Artist Quiet, sensitive, kind, loyal and avoids conflict.
    Protector Forceful, original and sensitive.
    Idealist Reflective, idealist, laid-back and loyal.
    Scientist Independent, original, analytical, and determined.
    Thinker Logical, original, creative thinkers.
    Doer Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented.
    Guardian Practical, traditional, and organized.
    Performer Social, fun, and likable.
    Caregiver Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious.
    Inspirer Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative.
    Giver Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills.
    Visionary Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick.
    Executive Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead.

So which defines you best?

So now that you have identified which personality that best define you, you've basically got to uproot that. If you are an "Executive" you might decide to portray an "Idealist".

There are also other defining habits that may give you away.
    1. Smilies
    2. No Smilies and correct punctuation.
    3. Ch4t 5p34k - lyke g3t a d1ct1onary
    4. Signatures - Things like pictures and certain phrases will quickly identify you.

You may go from "H3ll0, my n4m3 15 Jim, hru?" to "Hello, my name is Cara, how are you doing today?"

So basically you want to do the complete opposite of what you are currently doing.

Like when you change other things you must be careful, accurate and dedicated. One slip up could ruin everything, and potentially risk your current task.

Step 1: If you are going to go with a "Protector" personality for account x, record this somewhere. Write it down with the account details and keep track of what you are posting/messaging, whether it be with smilies/chat speak/punctual.

Step 2: Do your research! As a "Protector" you are forceful, original and sensitive. Know how to act and respond with these characteristics.
    - Forceful; Strong, Assertive and Powerful. > You need to know your place, you want to dominate and get people to listen to you.
    - Original; not a copy. > You've basically go to come up with your own ideologies, and be forceful about them.
    - Sensitive; Detect, or Respond to changes, signals or other influences. > Is someone attacking your ideologies or trying to over power you, learn how to shut them down.
    Go by what you believe and understand what these characteristics mean to you, once you've got your set ideas do not stray unless purposely changing personas.

Step 3: Now put this into action. Start off on your userlookup, write a slab of info about you and your "life" with these characteristics.
    - [PROTECTOR] : Hello, I am Gertrude. I am 24 years old, I'm currently studying world politics at Bricham College. I would definitely like to change the world, when I become the first female president of the United States of America, my first action will be cleaning up the ongoing wars. I will reach out to help cleanse the world of this plague this country has insinuated and I will work so hard until my fingers bleed to see the world become a better place.
    Opposed to
    - [PERFORMER] : Hey! My name is Cassie, i'm 17 years young. My hobbies are going out with my friends, and dancing. I guess I am pretty popular at school and at my dancing club Corrella. At school I study fashion, business, math, english and biology. I tutor the 8th graders and help them with their coursework. My favourite movie would be Mean Girls and I love the book to kill a mocking bird. Thanks for reading, xxoo!

Step 4: Head to the boards, practice is perfect right?
    Certain boards are more fitting for certain personalities. A "Protector" might be more suited to the BDC whilst a "Performer" might be more suited to the AC, however it is whatever you feel more comfortable with. Once you've chosen a specific personality don't differ, it will look weird and probably cause suspicion. Make friends who seem to have similar qualities, it'll make things easier as you can mimic behaviour.

Step 5: Practice, Practice...PRACTICE......PRACTICE!!!!

***KEEP UP TO DATE WITH WHAT YOU'RE POSTING/SAYING***

This is just a guide, do what chu want, bye bye for now�

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Water For This Useful Post:

Ilere (10-24-2014),Lindsay (11-10-2014),PizzaParty (11-16-2014),Sakuras (10-12-2014),xb1nh0 (09-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vindictive For This Useful Post:

Water (09-29-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Lovely guide, I'd say my true self would be more of a Scientist.

Will definitely use in the future!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilere For This Useful Post:

Water (10-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Glad you enjoyed this @(you need an account to see links)