DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I do hope you all know that the US and Europe is fucked so hard right now. You know the European Debt Crisis? Wanna see what happens when we throw in the US and Japan (who will probably collapse before us imo)

Based on an equation of a Capital Management Fund in Dallas, a manager defined "When Debt becomes a BIG problem" as when

Government debt + Banking System > 5 x Government Revenue

As of early 2012, Greece was at 8.5x, Italy at 7.5x, and Spain at 11x.

Japan is at 37x and the US is 16x. The reason other countries, such as Germany (who has 9x) are not as affected as say, Italy, is because their economy is much stronger.

(you need an account to see links)

That is a picture of the US's current account. For those who don't know how to read a current account, essentially if the bars are positive foreign money is flowing in to your economy, while negative means more of your money is leaving than foreign money is entering.

US's is worse than Italy's

By the way, when dealing with the economy and government, since it is now alot of speculation controlling the economy, governments will LIE or AVOID answering questions. If Japan will devalue and they know that they will, they will not say they are until they actually do. So any info given via government officials is pretty much bullshit unless said otherwise (eg backed by facts) (Mexico did this is 94, said they would not default or devalue and did the next day.)

So im more concerned with who will fix our economy. And since Obama's administration is negligent of the gigantic problem that is happening with the rising Debt, I like Romney.

Notice this. Although I am considering myself a Republican, I base my opinions off of data and pick who I like off of that. I do not base off party affiliation and then find facts to support it. I think Obama can do good, but not in the situation right now. Right now, we need to be focusing mostly on the economic problems. As much as some of you disagree, Abortion, Gay rights, Racial situations mean less to me than economics. I think more money needs to flow, we need to fix the debt first. Without that, we can't fix any other problems, it just goes back to the debt issue. Once that is solved, more money needs to flow into the middle class. Stop blaming the rich for your problems. Some are greedy, but some are not. Its uneducated Americans who allowed the 2008 economic crisis to happen!! I said when I was 13 that it was a problem. Everyone ignored it. ITS COMMON SENSE THAT YOU CANNOT KEEP BUYING THINGS AND BUILDING UP DEBT. We are doing what happened in 2008 individually now in 2012+ with the US DEBT!!! We are borrowing more than we can handle...

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    If Romney is elected does that mean he will fix everything that is a problem right now? Just a question
    No one can fix every single problem right now. This campaign is not for who will fix America, its who will do the best job starting to fix America. Unless you want a total dictatorship, the US will still be a problem in 4 years. I just want it to be less of a problem then than it is now.

Obama has honestly become a target for Republicans, yet he cannot make everything better right away. No one can. The only thing I can say is he needs a better staff if he wants to solve issues. I was not impressed with his last 4 years. His people associated with and in control of the Financial Dept are the problem, and he needs to find better ones.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank12 For This Useful Post:

Ronith (08-16-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I am glad I am Canadian, I cannot put a vote into this mess.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, idk who would.
    All the presidents benefit in some way.
    Most make good decisions, but also negative shit happens while doing the better deed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    [/COLOR]And are you shitting me...

[COLOR="Silver"]
    This one is out of context. He means that government-funded infrastructure (roads, bridges, utilities) and work of others has helped create thriving businesses. Not that people who own businesses didn't do any work themselves.

I have to admit I'm primarily pro-Obama because of his stance on social issues - neither are incredibly strong candidates for fixing the economy. However, I don't feel Romney would be a better choice of the two. Tax cuts and decreased government spending in some areas while increasing the military budget are not going to be a good thing either.

With the government's debt where it is, a continuation of Reaganomics is not going to be helpful at all. Continuing the trend of deregulation will not create more jobs in America. All major corporations move their jobs outside of this country to reduce costs and that trend will not stop under Romney.
    (you need an account to see links) from a domestic policy advisor under the Reagan administration.

Our annual military expenses are absolutely insane. If our military's strength has been on the decline, I'm not seeing evidence of it. Most of our spending and job creation from an increased military budget would be oversea with helping to repair the mess we've made in the Middle East since Bush. Many of our drones, fighter planes, and other weaponry are also developed overseas (Germany, Russia, China, Belgium). If you think most of what we develop is American-designed, you're kidding yourself. And what is designed by us is largely a result of NASA engineers' work, which is minimalized by the GOP. Romney berates Obama for his position on NASA, but picks a VP more vehemently against them and does plan to slash their budget by at least 5% - his vocalized stance is vague.

Romney was quoted as saying he would choose to use money saved by cuts in the EPA and other such departments on the military over social issues on the basis of ensuring we have the strongest military in the world. Our defense spending as well as the nuclear warhead count compared to similarly wealthy nations should be enough to tell you we're hardly having problems there. If we want to focus on 'fixing the problems at home,' we shouldn't be looking at bulking up a sector that's been primarily used for international affairs.
    gr8

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If anybody can justify higher tax cuts for the rich, sure I'll vote for Romney.

Before anyone asks, yes, Romney is in favor of Ryan's plans.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    Romney says he wants to give jobs to Americans, yet while in his current position he took jobs away from Americans and gave them to India and China.
    Your ignorance makes me laugh....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:

Ronith (08-18-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly I think obama is going to win

What many people don't see is as Americans it is the companies rights to send jobs out of the country !
    Obama is creating a false economy and once his funds for his stimulus programs run out we are all going to feel it !

Romney is a business man and knows what he is doing .

If obama gets reelected he will be known as the president responsible for the decline of the USA

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1,100 times
    Time Online
    43d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Keep to debating instead of criticizing others yada yada. But I really have enjoyed this thread so far. the best debate to date IMO keep it up homies.
    [9/3/12 11:11:58 PM] Joanna: sigh
    [9/3/12 11:12:14 PM] Joanna: john
    [9/3/12 11:12:16 PM] Joanna: is
    [9/3/12 11:12:17 PM] Joanna: perfect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    [QUOTE=Ronith;208816]I'll take a stab at this.

First of, they are not talking about cutting taxes. Ryan's plan simply doesn't agree with the President's tax increases. What they are proposing is to keep the tax rates the same as it is now. However, Ryan's plan proposes the elimination of deductions and loopholes. Which are obviously enjoyed by wealthy people so they can lower their tax rates. From my understand is that they are taking a page out of the Fiscal Commission; the President

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Could you clear something up -

Often you argue that Obama is sending "American" jobs overseas to China, India and Africa....

It isn't Obama, or any president/prime minister/dictator who sends a job anyway. Its an organisations decision after analysing (in simple terms) pros and cons. They do it clearly to maximise profits. Why aren't you angry at them? If any leader were try and restrict one organisation in its global ventures then it's quite possible that the organisation will move entirely to another part of the globe ;/