7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

How truly painful is a tattoo?

I want something a little more descriptive than the usual "it hurts" answer you'll see when you google it. My mom feels bad that I never did anything for my sixteenth birthday like all of my friends did, and I've wanted a certain tattoo with a lot of meaning behind it for years now, so she's considering letting me get it. I'm just worried about how much it'll actually hurt. It'll be on my right shoulder blade and going up to the top of my shoulder. It isn't one big thing, it's individual small black birds. Also, how bad is the healing process? Thanks to everyone who answers (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    It depends on your own personal pain tolerance and the place in which you receive the tattoo. I got an entire sleeve done and didn't flinch. I almost cried during my 4 hour thigh piece, and during my 1 hour foot tattoo I decided never to get my other foot tattooed because it was THAT bad.

There are so many variables, this question is so pointless. Go find out girl.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maditude For This Useful Post:

Jules (06-12-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    If I find that it does hurt bad, can I stop and get it finished another time? Or is it better to get the whole thing done at once.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    You got a picture of the design? I wanna see. I've never had them, but my sister has a few and one on her shoulder and she said that was the worst one she had (The others are on her side of her stomach and a super small one on her wrist).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Federation View Post
    You got a picture of the design? I wanna see. I've never had them, but my sister has a few and one on her shoulder and she said that was the worst one she had (The others are on her side of her stomach and a super small one on her wrist).
    I don't have a picture of exactly what I want, but if you google 'shoulder blade bird tattoo' some similar examples come up. I have no clue how to post a picture on here, but I would if I could.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    the tatt i got that hurt the worst was the pair on my wrists (card suits, two on each if anyone's curious) that felt like someone rubbing sand into a rugburn

as for the others it depends where, like against muscle nbd right on bone yeahhh it's aggravating but not excruciating, more annoying than painful imo

source: i've got 3 tatts what up i'm so cool

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yeah you can stop getting tattooed and finish it later. If you want everyone to laugh at you

You have so much adrenaline the first 2 hours of your session that it's honestly the best it's ever gonna feel. It's after the 2 hour mark where you're in tears. If you're a wuss about pain just warn your artist ahead of time that you want short sessions.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaxo View Post
    I don't have a picture of exactly what I want, but if you google 'shoulder blade bird tattoo' some similar examples come up. I have no clue how to post a picture on here, but I would if I could.
    (img)link of picture.jpeg(/img)

But instead of ( use [
    So...

[ img]lol.gif[ /img] without the first spaces.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maditude View Post
    Yeah you can stop getting tattooed and finish it later. If you want everyone to laugh at you

You have so much adrenaline the first 2 hours of your session that it's honestly the best it's ever gonna feel. It's after the 2 hour mark where you're in tears. If you're a wuss about pain just warn your artist ahead of time that you want short sessions.
    I just have no clue what my pain tolerance is at all. I've never really experienced pain, I've never broken bones or anything. I think the most painful thing I've gone through was getting my tragus pierced but that didnt even hurt so..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliaxo View Post
    I just have no clue what my pain tolerance is at all. I've never really experienced pain, I've never broken bones or anything. I think the most painful thing I've gone through was getting my tragus pierced but that didnt even hurt so..

Drag a safety pin across your skin firmly.

Unless you're getting color. Then it feels different. More vibration.