3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Tenatively returning to the game

I fell out of neopets something like 20 years ago now, but I've always looked back on it fondly and have tried to get back into it now and then. I was never very successful or wealthy in the game even as a kid with lots of time to kill tho, and the prospect of being able to catch up on 20 years of changes while being a busy adult seems doubtful. Which was how I ended up here. I'm not even looking to get ahead by a lot or unbalance anyone else's fun, I just would like to be able to get SOME things that I wanted in my childhood, ya know? Who can blame a man for being nostalgic. I'm hopeful that under new owners it might grow to offer something more engaging for the adult fans again, but even if not being able to recapture a shard of that childhood wonder again will be nice.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nexaeox For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-01-2023),Charizard (07-29-2023),Clefairy (07-29-2023),Demetri (07-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by nexaeox View Post
    I fell out of neopets something like 20 years ago now, but I've always looked back on it fondly and have tried to get back into it now and then. I was never very successful or wealthy in the game even as a kid with lots of time to kill tho, and the prospect of being able to catch up on 20 years of changes while being a busy adult seems doubtful. Which was how I ended up here. I'm not even looking to get ahead by a lot or unbalance anyone else's fun, I just would like to be able to get SOME things that I wanted in my childhood, ya know? Who can blame a man for being nostalgic. I'm hopeful that under new owners it might grow to offer something more engaging for the adult fans again, but even if not being able to recapture a shard of that childhood wonder again will be nice.
    Welcome back! It definitely feels good to be an adult and be better at neopets. And CK helps that if we still suck at it, we can just buy whatever we want
    Free JD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

nexaeox (07-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Oh yeah, the increased dexterity and sense of timing as an adult is already such a huge boon to making NP versus as a kid, lol. Not to mention having to do it back on dial up internet in the 90s.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place! At this point when we have more money but less time, you can make your neo dreams true!

At the end of the day it's all about enjoying the little things that made us happy

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 20h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Welcome to clraik! You'll love it here. Neopets is the best for nostalgia. No question about it lol

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by nexaeox View Post
    I was nostalgic too!
    Welcome to ck!!! We can make your dreams come true hahaha
    Go to our trades section, you can buy a shell account with some years on it so it would be easier to return to neo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyranitar For This Useful Post:

nexaeox (07-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Welcome back, no shame of being nostalgic. We are all awesome here and I hope you stick around

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    I was nostalgic too!
    Welcome to ck!!! We can make your dreams come true hahaha
    Go to our trades section, you can buy a shell account with some years on it so it would be easier to return to neo
    Is there a benefit to having an older account besides just looking less conspicuous when you're cheating? I have an account left over from last time I tried to come back that's from '21, but I'm completely stonewalled out of my original '99 account because I wasn't 13 at the time and put in a fake bday which I can't remember. Feels terrible man
    Last edited by nexaeox; 07-29-2023 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot to quote

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Welcome back, I feel/remember the pain of trying to play when I was a kid on dial up, not to mention seeing items for 1 or 2 million neopoints and thinking I would never get that rich. I also thought people made all those crazy neopoints back then by playing all the flash games. Lol

Having an older account is very beneficial for doing Food Club betting, as that is one of the best/easiest ways (in my opinion) to make a large amount of neopoints over time. There are a few other reasons besides just looking less conspicuous, but you can cover that up by getting trophies and avatars on a newer account and other than Food Club and being able to see all rarity items in shops, I'm not sure of any other important reason.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterplayer44 For This Useful Post:

nexaeox (07-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Welcome back! I know what you're feeling, having adult money on Neopets is fun, because you can buy all the things you wanted as a child on cK lol. Enjoy!